Why close Snow White?

CoasterSnoop

Original Poster
It's almost 2 months before Disney shows extreme stupidity and closes down one of their most prized, special, classic attractions for a meet & greet! Now I can understand closing it down for a little while (new paint and such) but close it down FOREVER?? :dazzle: Why would Disney close Snow White's Scary Adventures??!! I mean, I know we need to move on and stuff. That's actually what I told my family when Alien Encounter was being remodeled into Stitch. But close such a great ride down for a MEET & GREET? Are they out of their minds!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I got that out. :mad: What do you guys think?

HMButler79

It's almost 2 months before Disney shows extreme stupidity and closes down one of their most prized, special, classic attractions for a meet & greet! Now I can understand closing it down for a little while (new paint and such) but close it down FOREVER?? :dazzle: Why would Disney close Snow White's Scary Adventures??!! I mean, I know we need to move on and stuff. That's actually what I told my family when Alien Encounter was being remodeled into Stitch. But close such a great ride down for a MEET & GREET? Are they out of their minds!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I got that out. :mad: What do you guys think?

Because it no longer fits the "MK is for 5yos and thier soccer moms". It's represents, to TDO, an era of Toad, AE, and other subversive quirky attractions that represent classic Disney, but no longer fit in thier image of what Fantasyland or MK should be. They want more unimaginiative corporate Consumer Product approved things like Pooh, Stitch, Monsters, etc.

RonAnnArbor

Snow White is one of Disney's worst dark rides...they have revamped it once to try to make it make sense, and even that wasn't successful. It's just painted flats that reenact a handful of scenes from the movie.

It sends the under 4's screaming into a crying frenzy because it's too scary with the witch...it has virtually no re-ride interest for adults...and the over 12's avoid it like the plague.

It was an easy decision to remove it, especially once they added the Seven Dwarves Mine Train to the FLE...with similar theming.

jme

I don't even get this logic. They are not closing it for a meet & greet. They are closing it to replace it with a bigger, better ride (in a different location.) They are re-locating an existing meet & greet to the building it used to occupy.

"Why not just have both?" - Because one of them sucks.
"Why not replace it with a different dark ride?" - Because the building is too small for a modern dark ride that's worth riding and up to todays standards (compare size to the most current dark ride, The Little Mermaid).

Any way you slice it, we are up 1 ride, and I really don't see a better alternative for the space. Leaving it as-is (or even touched up) would just be a terrible move.

HMButler79

I don't even get this logic. They are not closing it for a meet & greet. They are closing it to replace it with a bigger, better ride (in a different location.) They are re-locating an existing meet & greet to the building it used to occupy.

"Why not replace it with a different dark ride?" - Because the building is too small for a modern dark ride that's worth riding and up to todays standards (compare size to the most current dark ride, The Little Mermaid).

Any way you slice it, we are up 1 ride, and I really don't see a better alternative for the space. Leaving it as-is (or even touched up) would just be a terrible move.

You've seen it? Because having No Queen, No Witch, No Dungeons, No Frightning Forest, and just seeing the Dwarfs in the mine (ONE WHOLE SHOW SCENE) sounds boring as hell. But apprantly you've seen a whole mock up.

HMButler79

Cause that's why they're rehabbing Pooh and Pan. Oh wait.........:rolleyes:

HMButler79

Snow White is one of Disney's worst dark rides...they have revamped it once to try to make it make sense, and even that wasn't successful. It's just painted flats that reenact a handful of scenes from the movie.

It sends the under 4's screaming into a crying frenzy because it's too scary with the witch...it has virtually no re-ride interest for adults...and the over 12's avoid it like the plague.

It was an easy decision to remove it, especially once they added the Seven Dwarves Mine Train to the FLE...with similar theming.

That's why there's a steady line for it at MK all the time? And WORST? Were you in a coma for Imagination, Stitch, Superstar Limo, Nemo, Buzz, and Grand Fiesta???????????????

WDWBryan

I think it is the scary tone of the ride that does it in. Pooh and Pan are pretty similar in failing to make sense but they get hour plus waits

ChristianG

I can deal with them closing SWSA, but I still don't like the fact that another meet & greet, as if MK doesn't have enough of them, is going in it's place.

HMButler79

I think it is the scary tone of the ride that does it in. Pooh and Pan are pretty similar in failing to make sense but they get hour plus waits

The original 1971-1993 version was even scarier and more subversive and a total freak show. The wimp kids going to MK now would be in therapy if they went on it. :drevil: And Pooh and Pan have 60min waits because they have FP. Pan never used to go over 40, even in summer, before FP.

HMButler79

I can deal with them closing SWSA, but I still don't like the fact that another meet & greet, as if MK doesn't have enough of them, is going in it's place.

^^THIS. If the Princesses are ALREADY in Town Square Theatre, then keep them there and let an original C-Ticket dark ride live for once!

MerlinTheGoat

I'm not all that cut up about losing this ride, on the assumption that the new version does indeed turn out better (if not then yeah it sucks). But i am disappointed that the space is being used for another Princess Meet n Greet. I'm hoping this is a temporary thing, but i don't see it being so.

The problem with Snow White at Magic Kingdom is that they never updated it properly to something akin to Disneyland's or Paris'. Both of those are the superior ride experience. And while the update in '94 improved ours a little, they still didn't update it as much as they should have. They squandered the chance to do something better, something that had already been done years ago at the other parks.

And to make it worse, the management at Disney World doesn't even see fit to keep it up to standards, despite being a simple ride with very little in terms of moving parts. When i rode it on Feb 29th, the witch at the mirror scene was partially broken and not moving as she should be.

So all in all, i won't lament the loss of this ride unless the roller coaster turns out to actually be inferior on a show quality level. I am disappointed that it's not being used for better devices than yet another meet and greet though.:hurl:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
This all makes sense in my eyes. Until recently, SWSA isn't busy at all unless the park is packed. It's a cheap ride. Now, the princess meet and greet can go pretty much right next to Cinderella castle.

I'd rather have it here, than planted in the new Fantasyland. It'll help draw the crowds away from the new area (a little).

RSoxNo1

My preference would have been to replace SWSA with a new dark ride. Ultimately, I hope that's still on the table.

I'm not upset about it closing because it is being replace with something, I just feel something that's in that prominant of a location should be a more substantial attraction.

Magenta Panther

:ROFLOL:
Sorry...that just got quite a chuckle from me...:lol:

Yeah. Really, Snow White deserves a better ride than the Scary Adventures. And finally...she's getting one. :sohappy:

And hopefully, someday...Peter Pan will too. His ride, as it is, still retains charm (thanks to the vision of Walt and the original Imagineers)...but it is still very dated. I think its popularity certainly warrants giving the ride a major upgrade. If done properly, it could be amazing. Here's hoping...

Uncle Lupe

All the kids we traveled with came off of that thing crying. We never never mentioned going back on that ride during our trip.

ISTCrew20

Have you ridden the California version of Mermaid? I honestly find Snow White to be more enjoyable. The size of the building has nothing to do with creating a ride to meet "today's standards". The Little Mermaid meets 1980's standards at best.

There is no reason why they couldn't use the same infrastructure in place to (finally) create a Cinderella dark ride - or Sleeping Beauty - or any number of ideas that would suit that area of the park that would attract almost every guest at least once on their visit.

It would cost less money and less hassle to just fully theme the Town Square Theater princess room. Guests do not care where they can meet the princesses, whether it's in Fantasyland or on Main Street.

MKCP 1985

In my humble opinion, the Walt Disney World version of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was superior to Snow White's Scary Adventures.

My family and I won't miss this ride at all.

SeverusSnape

Snow White gets too much hate. It isn't a great ride, but the scenery is still top notch. I ride it once or twice every trip. Peter Pan is a slightly better attraction, but it is almost as good. And it loads a lot faster. Of course I am happy to get a new Snow White attraction with a little more thrill factor, but as others have stated I wish they would replace this attraction with a dark ride rather than a meet and greet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom