Over 21 Wellness Option?

Umphreys07

Original Poster
Hi everyone this post is for every girl that are going to the fall advantage internship who wants to be placed in the wellness housing please reply... Im 23 year old female and I really want to be placed in the wellness program since i dislike alcohol and smoke... I know its based on availability so Im hoping someone here will feel the same way and maybe we can be matched together ... Thanks

wilkeliza

Sorry that I can't help since I already choose a roommate but you should be find getting a wellness apartment.
Did you sign up for room mate matching if you can't find someone then Disney will match you with someone who wants a wellness room as well?
What are your program dates? Remember only people coming and going on the same day can room together. So it would be helpful to post that.

I think "availability" in this sense is that they will try to put you with another 23 year old but if there are no over 21 people who want wellness you would be put with under 21. Also to my knowledge all apartments, wellness and non-wellnes, are smoke free and so wellness does not guarantee that the people in your apartment won't smoke outside of the apartment it only guarantees no alcohol in the apartment.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Wellness doesn't mean no that drinking/smoking will happen... it only means no drinking/smoking is allowed...

...and I've been to PLENTY of parties in wellness apartments.

Umphreys07

Original Poster
Sorry that I can't help since I already choose a roommate but you should be find getting a wellness apartment.
Did you sign up for room mate matching if you can't find someone then Disney will match you with someone who wants a wellness room as well?
What are your program dates? Remember only people coming and going on the same day can room together. So it would be helpful to post that.

I think "availability" in this sense is that they will try to put you with another 23 year old but if there are no over 21 people who want wellness you would be put with under 21. Also to my knowledge all apartments, wellness and non-wellnes, are smoke free and so wellness does not guarantee that the people in your apartment won't smoke outside of the apartment it only guarantees no alcohol in the apartment.

Thank You :) I did sign up for the roommate matching, I was hoping I could find out who my roommates would be ahead of time to get to know them a little better or maybe find out if someone wanted to roommate with me :) I will be arriving June 4th for the fall advantage session... Thats good to hear hear that the apartments are smoke free cause i would hate for the house to smell... more than smoking I hate the smell of alcohol so i really hope I get to be part of a wellness apartment

Slugger

It would be better to stay in a non-wellness apartment and have your roommates drink alcohol rather than being in a wellness apartment were if they catch anyone with alcohol the whole apartment getting termed..

radev104

I got accepted but have accepted my acceptance yet. I am looking for a roommate for the fall (I want a one bedroom with one other person). I want to be in the non-wellness apartments. I like an occasional drink (maybe once a month, if that) and hate smoke-it actually irritates my eyes. I don't know when I will be arriving or leaving yet. Did you get your dates yet?

coilback

Yeah, I'd recommend one bedroom non-wellness. Only because I know a few people who were in a wellness and everyone got termed because someone decided to keep some beer in the fridge after a party one night and someone ratted them out. With a one bedroom, the party potential is less and you only have one person to deal with who may or may not want to drink in the apt.

Umphreys07

Original Poster
I got accepted but have accepted my acceptance yet. I am looking for a roommate for the fall (I want a one bedroom with one other person). I want to be in the non-wellness apartments. I like an occasional drink (maybe once a month, if that) and hate smoke-it actually irritates my eyes. I don't know when I will be arriving or leaving yet. Did you get your dates yet?

I arrive June 4th, A one bedroom sounds good and I wouldn't mind someone that had an occasional drink, all I want is to avoid parties in the apartment lol

Umphreys07

Original Poster
Yeah, I'd recommend one bedroom non-wellness. Only because I know a few people who were in a wellness and everyone got termed because someone decided to keep some beer in the fridge after a party one night and someone ratted them out. With a one bedroom, the party potential is less and you only have one person to deal with who may or may not want to drink in the apt.

I had no idea about that... Will I be able to request a one bedroom before I arrive or will that be decided once arrived?

wilkeliza

I had no idea about that... Will I be able to request a one bedroom before I arrive or will that be decided once arrived?

Apartment size is at arrival and based on availability. Also remember 1 bedrooms are the most expensive type of living arrangement. Last I saw a 1 bedroom at Patterson Court was 100-120 a week per a roommate.

Just a reminder Wellness does not mean non-smoking! Wellness only means no alcohol. There is no smoking allowed in any of the apartments so no one should be smoking inside anyways.

Also for those of you that said you like 1 or 2 drinks a month perhaps do what I did. I looked for someone that was the same age as I am (24) and is a very low key social drinker as well. I enjoy a drink once in a while and sometimes wine with dinner but never like to go and get wasted at parties. I found a roommate that has the same habit as I do and so we will ask for non-wellness so that we can drink if we want to and not have to worry.

Like others have said if you are in wellness you will get fired if any alcohol is found in your room even if you are 21 and older. It is a no tolerance policy. If you think you might want to have a drink at some point at your time in Orlando just find someone who doesn't drink like you but still choose non-wellness.

coilback

Apartment size is at arrival and based on availability. Also remember 1 bedrooms are the most expensive type of living arrangement. Last I saw a 1 bedroom at Patterson Court was 100-120 a week per a roommate.

Just a reminder Wellness does not mean non-smoking! Wellness only means no alcohol. There is no smoking allowed in any of the apartments so no one should be smoking inside anyways.

Also for those of you that said you like 1 or 2 drinks a month perhaps do what I did. I looked for someone that was the same age as I am (24) and is a very low key social drinker as well. I enjoy a drink once in a while and sometimes wine with dinner but never like to go and get wasted at parties. I found a roommate that has the same habit as I do and so we will ask for non-wellness so that we can drink if we want to and not have to worry.

Like others have said if you are in wellness you will get fired if any alcohol is found in your room even if you are 21 and older. It is a no tolerance policy. If you think you might want to have a drink at some point at your time in Orlando just find someone who doesn't drink like you but still choose non-wellness.

You let them know when you get there. It's not THAT much more when I was there. I stayed in Chatham and paid $90 a week and I had a one bedroom. I think the two bedroom people were at $80 or something like that. I remember it not being drastically different and I loved only having to worry about one person. Plus we had opposite schedules so I usually had the place to myself. Was nice. Building 7...

coilback

Oh and I'll add that basically it is first come first serve, so get to the line early so when you hit the housing "station" you will have dibs, so to speak, on what you want.

wilkeliza

You let them know when you get there. It's not THAT much more when I was there. I stayed in Chatham and paid $90 a week and I had a one bedroom. I think the two bedroom people were at $80 or something like that. I remember it not being drastically different and I loved only having to worry about one person. Plus we had opposite schedules so I usually had the place to myself. Was nice. Building 7...

What did you think of Chatham? We want Patterson but I know if it is between a 1 bedroom at Chatham and a 2 bedroom at Patterson we will take the 1 bedroom any day.

My roomie and I are showing up at like 7:45 because we had some friends who are there tell us that they actually started check in at 8 even though it says 9 because the 9 to 12 is just the posted but if you show up early they will take you.

coilback

What did you think of Chatham? We want Patterson but I know if it is between a 1 bedroom at Chatham and a 2 bedroom at Patterson we will take the 1 bedroom any day.

My roomie and I are showing up at like 7:45 because we had some friends who are there tell us that they actually started check in at 8 even though it says 9 because the 9 to 12 is just the posted but if you show up early they will take you.

Yeah, get there early, you still can get in line to check in regardless.

They were building Patterson as I was leaving, so I have no reference on that. I like Chatham. It was quiet and a lot cleaner than Vista was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom