Room suggestions for POR?

nepalostparks

We stayed in Building 15 on our trip in '07, which is one building further from the main building than 14. We liked that spot just fine... for the same reasons Schmoofy mentioned above.

If you prefer the Mansion style rooms, the Oak and Magnolia buildings are closest to Ol' Man Island and the main building.

Check out www.portorleans.org, that site is a wealth of information for Riverside and French Quarter.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Are these renovated?

Not sure which "these" you are referring to.

Magnolia Terrace rooms were refurbished as of Fall 2011. I believe the Oak Manor rooms are currently being refurbished, and are being converted into the new "Royal Rooms" theme.

EDIT: Building 15 either just has or is about to be refurbished if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
Renovated Rooms

Hi Minniejoy,

If you look at the map of Port Orleans and French Quarter, the two mansions closer to French Quarter (Oak Manor and Parterre Place) are the 'renovated Royal rooms', I believe. Kinda pricey but if you have kids and first time and can afford it, I say go for it.
We usually request Magnolia Bend with a water view. This past December we were lucky with Magnolia Terrace, 2nd floor room, water view, right when you walk up the stairs in front of the building after you get over the bridge from the Fishing Hole (pool).
We LOVE the scenery, food court, and boat transportation to Downtown Disney. Unfortunately... the buses are a challenge for some reason. Have to be patient for the bus you want.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Mansion blds for us.

Our last two vacations have been staying at Parterre Place,over the sassagoula,love,love,love, this section,Oak Manor next door looks great too.We go onto mydisneyreservations.com ten days prior to leaving to request these blds.On our first visit I read about the size of the resort and walking distances,but hey, I am 60 this year and have no problem about the size of P.O.R.S. And as far as renovations,I believe they are near complete.Go onto web site for more info.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Request a room in Building 14 of the Alligator Bayou section.

1. You're close to the bus stop.
2. You're extremely close to the lobby/food court
3. That building just came out of refurbishmet.

The only thing is that because of the layout of the bridges...it's a little bit more of a walk to Ol Man's Island, but that's still not far at all.

We stayed in Building 15 on our trip in '07, which is one building further from the main building than 14. We liked that spot just fine... for the same reasons Schmoofy mentioned above.

If you prefer the Mansion style rooms, the Oak and Magnolia buildings are closest to Ol' Man Island and the main building.

Check out www.portorleans.org, that site is a wealth of information for Riverside and French Quarter.

Have a great trip!
While I would agree that building 14 and 15 are the best, buildings 14, 15 and 18 are now "preferred" rooms. You can request them but unless you book a preferred room and pay the premium attached to that, the chances of you getting placed there are slim.

Upvote 0

tink65

We stayed at POR in late September and I had requested a room in the Magnolia Terraces mansion building. It is close to Ole Man Island and the main building/food court. Biggest plus though is that building is completely renovated! Our room was so lovely. When you stepped out of the room we had a view of the river and gazebo. When we went to the parks we just turned right out of the elevator and the bus depot was a super short walk away! We absolutely loved it!

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

No worries! Glad to see another face from PA! I have relatives right around Ashley, PA. Myself from a little bit up the river.

I've been keeping track of the progress around the Port Orleans resort, being I am currently a Cast Member there. They just reopened Building 38 and 14 a few weeks back, Building 15 is currently under refurbishmet. I haven't wandered around the Alligator Bayou in the past few weeks, but I plan on doing some walking soon.

Very cool! Wyoming is just a stones throw away. You're the second "local" person I've met online today :lol:

It really is a small world after all. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Renovations

Hi Minniejoy,
Ŷ
If you look at the map of Port Orleans and French Quarter, the two mansions closer to French Quarter (Oak Manor and Parterre Place) are the 'renovated Royal rooms', I believe. Kinda pricey but if you have kids and first time and can afford it, I say go for it.
We usually request Magnolia Bend with a water view. This past December we were lucky with Magnolia Terrace, 2nd floor room, water view, right when you walk up the stairs in front of the building after you get over the bridge from the Fishing Hole (pool).
We LOVE the scenery, food court, and boat transportation to Downtown Disney. Unfortunately... the buses are a challenge for some reason. Have to be patient for the bus you want.

Hi there,they started at Acadian then Magnolia then Oak and finally Pp.

Upvote 0

Dorsetdisney73

Hiya

is building 38 in Aligator bayou a prefered location or one that is frequently requested?

I like the idea of this block as it is next to acadian manor so you get the option of staying in the Aligator bayou room but being close to the mansion you can view their outside elegance and beauty.

I would really love to be able to have the top floor corner room the faces the front (maybe get a glimpse of the river) but also might be able to look out onto acadian mansion.

I believe this may be room number 3857?

I arrive for our two week holiday on Sat 28th January (less than 3 weeks now) and wonder if I would have any luck requesting to see if we would be able to have this room.

If it is a prefered or premium room, how much extra would it be to upgrade to get this room?

Upvote 0

Klpalmer

Mansion on magnolia bend

Are all the mansions considered preferred rooms? I know the newly renovated royal rooms are of course an extra charge but I was wondering if I booked a standard room if there is an chance of requesting a mansion room and getting it.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are all the mansions considered preferred rooms? I know the newly renovated royal rooms are of course an extra charge but I was wondering if I booked a standard room if there is an chance of requesting a mansion room and getting it.
No. Many are neither preferred or Princess rooms.

Upvote 0

coltow

I've been staring at the map all morning. In my group, we are traveling with kids that love to swim. We don't have a preferred room. Can anyone tell me if any of these bldgs are good/bad or preferred.

27, 38, 80 or 85

Upvote 0

Gravydeen

Are the refurbishments just for converting to the Royal Guest Rooms or is it also making the standard rooms nicer in any way? I guess we are trying to decide for our trip in June if we should ask upon arrival for only buildings that have gone through the refurb if we are not staying in a Royal Guest Room. Will it matter?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom