October Weather

afurkin

Original Poster
We r checking in October 21. Just wondering if we need to take long sleeves at all and if we should expect much rain.

Yanks07

The past 2 October's have been HOT, like 90+ We go every year @ that time My wife who is always cold doesn't bring long sleeves, but the way the weather has been who knows :shrug:

OldYeller

I've gone down with my family the last two Octobers and the weather was very nice. 2009 was hot. Last year(2010), I think my kids may have worn a light sweatshirt in the morning but shed it by 9:30-10:00.

In terms of rain, when i was researching for our first October trip, I remember reading somewhere that October was historically one of the drier months for Florida, with an average of 6 days of rain.

We went middle of Oct 2009 to 2 different MNSSHP's in the same week. The first one was still in the 90's in the evening and the second one was cool enough for a jacket in the 50's. You just never know. :shrug:

DisneyDebNJ

The past 2 October's have been HOT, like 90+ We go every year @ that time My wife who is always cold doesn't bring long sleeves, but the way the weather has been who knows :shrug:

yes, agree... last year was brutal end of October (high 90s +) The nights cool off, Id pack for summer weather and maybe a light windbreaker for at night, if the need arises. I pack capris for night time and maybe one pair of dress jeans, and a light sweater, but I'm yet to need the sweater

mommyrosa2

Back in 2009, we were there the first week in October and it was BRUTAL... felt more like July. Last year we went 11/6-11/13 and it was pretty cold. This year we'll be arriving on 10/22 and I plan to watch the extended forecast just before we leave in order to try and pack right!

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree with those who say bring a light jacket/sweater/hoodie just in case you get a cool morning. The temps here in NE FL will be in the 90s today (currently 77 at 7AM), but after the rain today/tomorrow a cool front is expected and they will only be in the high 70s Sunday & Monday. So about mid 80s in Orlando.

I also remember several years when we have had Nor'easters in Oct with flooded low lying areas. So either pack rain gear, or be prepared to purchase a poncho.

My fiance and I were originally planning on taking our honeymoon to wdw this july, but with planetickets being too expensive at that time of year we're thinking about going the first two weeks of oct. We're from Norway and wanted to get a nice hot summer vacation this year, and I'm hoping that going in oct. instead will still feel like a nice varm summer (like we have here in july/aug:animwink:) I've read the posts and checked some weather sites, and I think it will be nice, becuse by october it's starting to drop below 70-60 here.
I realise we might not be able to pack exacktly the same as for july(?) but does anyone have any advise for packing most sensably and a not to heavy suitcase? I need room in it for shoping:lol:

Thanks!

SobchakSecurity

The weather isn't too bad that time of year, but just hope the (aptly named in your case) lovebug swarms are either dead or declining before you get there.

Oooh! Didn't know about those:eek: Lets hope the only lovebugs are of the human kind at that time:animwink: "Not too bad" sounds like a regular norwegian summer:p haha

sam_disney

Oooh! Didn't know about those:eek: Lets hope the only lovebugs are of the human kind at that time:animwink: "Not too bad" sounds like a regular norwegian summer:p haha

love bugs tend to be september i think? we had them one year.. it was awful!

october i feel is the best time.. weather is just about right !! not too hot.. but not cold! xx

DisneyDebNJ

Other posters are correct, last couple of years, October (mid to end) was hot hot hot, but we still had a couple of long sleeved shirts. (Hot temps during the day with sun blazing = a wee bit of a sunburn anyway, and kind of gave us chills) We go to Disney just about every October, and the packing is always the same, 2 pairs of long pants, tshirts or short sleeved shirts, shorts, bathing suits and 2 long sleeved shirts and a hoodie or two. Hope this helps :wave:

SMS55

October is the transition month. The first part of the month is still hot. Mid August through mid October is statiscally the period when Hurricanes are the most frequent and most intense. The last week of the month is usually when we get our first cold front, but it's actually a cool front. It won't get anywhere near freezing but a light sweater will be necessary. This last week is statiscally about the time the humdity drops and marks the end of the wet season and start of the dry season. Those rainy afternoons become less frequent.

Jimmy Thick

Just a note for people from the upper midwest. When someone from Florida says there might be a cool front, feel free to go out in shorts and a tee-shirt.

Jimmy Thick-Cold? HA!!!

SMS55

Just a note for people from the upper midwest. When someone from Florida says there might be a cool front, feel free to go out in shorts and a tee-shirt.

Jimmy Thick-Cold? HA!!!

Very true. For us 60 degrees is break out the blankets, sweaters and hot chocolate.

Jimmy Thick

Very true. For us 60 degrees is break out the blankets, sweaters and hot chocolate.

I went a December 2 years ago where Florida had record low's, everyday on the Weather channel they were showing video of frozen strawberries, and it was like I never left Wisconsin.

But I have noticed it being 60 even 50 degrees and people being bundled up, I have to believe they are locals.

Jimmy Thick-40 degrees and I'll break out a hoodie...

I think for us it will be like a nice Norwegian summer:animwink: I remember living in Israel for a year as a kid we went out in summer wear and went swimming in January while the locals had on big winther jackets and hats:ROFLOL: we got some funny looks, but for us it was nice and warm:) By that time of year here in Norway we start to get cooler temps and 50/60 will be a step up again:) Some long pants and long sleeves will most likely find their way into the suitcases, just in case, but I hope we wont have the need for them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom