Resort transport early in morning.

dave&di

I'm staying at the GF this Sept and plan on doing a character breakfast at Chef Mickeys, I will be aimimg for a 7am ADR. Is the resort monorail running before 7am?, if not, any other transportation running?

Ceekling

There is a special "character breakfast" bus that will pick you up and bring you to the resort. Just ask the front desk when you check-in where to meet it. =)

I have to tell you, I have seen this mentioned several times on the boards and we asked about this the last time we were down there (Jan '11) and had early morning ADRs and NO ONE at the front desk knew what we were talking about. We ended up just taking a cab from our resort.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I have to tell you, I have seen this mentioned several times on the boards and we asked about this the last time we were down there (Jan '11) and had early morning ADRs and NO ONE at the front desk knew what we were talking about. We ended up just taking a cab from our resort.

That has been our experience as well. If you want to make sure you're someplace on time for a reservation early in the morning, I'd just take the cab.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster

That has been our experience as well. If you want to make sure you're someplace on time for a reservation early in the morning, I'd just take the cab.

Oh no!!! I was all happy and now I'm not!!! Surely WDW should lay on transport :eek: Maybe I'll swim the Seven Seas Lagoon! I will be able to see the Contemporary from my balcony and yet cannot get there!

Do the cab drivers not mind the short journey? I had an experience at The Portofino when I needed to transfer to the Royal Pacific and with 4 cases had no option but to call a cab, the driver was really rude about it!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The buses do run, I have been on them, and seen them. Going out for morning runs on property I have seen buses for all 4 parks rolling at 6:30 in the morning. I have also taken them for early morning meals at 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickeys. The front desk may not always know, but they do run. But remember that they are on a 20-30 minute schedule, so you would want to be out there pretty early just to make sure that you don't miss the bus and then have to wait another 30 minutes and being late. That is why lots of people take cabs.

Upvote 0
I have tried to do the bus to the closest park and then to the resort game for early reservations, but have come to the conclusion that the cab is the best way to go. The 15 bucks it costs me is far less important than my time and worrying that I will be late.

I have seen those character meal buses plenty, although have never ridden on one.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We have done the character breakfasts every trip and have never had a problem catching the character bus early. If you don't get the answer from the front desk, just keep checking, call or stop by. We have caught the bus from all 4 values, Coronado, OKW, Boardwalk and Yacht club. You let the bus driver know which breakfast you are going to and they will get you there.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
I guess I will see what happens! If I'm not confident of catching the bus the day before my ADR I may have to plan to get a cab, I don't really want to spend the $$ but as wdwcandice said I would rather make my ADR on time!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

It does exist. I promise. I sent many guests to it while I worked there for early ADRs from DAKL. If you run into a problem of no one knowing what it is, try asking a manager. They should be able to explain it to you.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
It does exist. I promise. I sent many guests to it while I worked there for early ADRs from DAKL. If you run into a problem of no one knowing what it is, try asking a manager. They should be able to explain it to you.

I believe you! I'm definitely going to ask about when I'm there, I don't feel I should have to pay for a cab and neither do I want to! Thanks.

Upvote 0

CashConover

I don't have experience with the way Disney does it, but when I need help/info at hotels, I found that the best source is usually the Concierge.
While the front desk people may know what you want to know, their main job is managing room check in & out. The Concierge is there to help with everything other than your room (i.e.-dining suggestions/reservations, show tickets, transportation, etc.)

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
I don't have experience with the way Disney does it, but when I need help/info at hotels, I found that the best source is usually the Concierge.
While the front desk people may know what you want to know, their main job is managing room check in & out. The Concierge is there to help with everything other than your room (i.e.-dining suggestions/reservations, show tickets, transportation, etc.)

Good point, thanks.

Upvote 0

Rasvar

This and try to check with them the day before and try to check between 9am and 5pm, if possible. They can usually get the best answer during business hours for something they may not know because they have more support available to call on during regular business hours.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Original Poster
This and try to check with them the day before and try to check between 9am and 5pm, if possible. They can usually get the best answer during business hours for something they may not know because they have more support available to call on during regular business hours.

Loving your idea! Thanks, I will be leaving it till the day before during business hours.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Do you catch these 'Character Breakfast' busses at a particular park stop (ie: MK, DHS, etc.) or do they just pull up in the general bus stop area at regular intervals?

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

At Disney this isn't necessarily true. It's one of the things many people have a problem with when it comes to Disney concierge. Front Desk and Concierges have basically the same knowledge and power to answer questions. The only thing different between the two is that concierges can sell you things beyond your room and make reservations (ie. tickets, dining reservations, cirque tickets, etc.) Beyond that, just head to whatever line is shorter. Just a little tip from behind the counter. :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Do you catch these 'Character Breakfast' busses at a particular park stop (ie: MK, DHS, etc.) or do they just pull up in the general bus stop area at regular intervals?

For us the buses have just pulled up to the general area...even at the values where they have park specific ques for the buses. Just make sure you are out there early.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom