Google Wallet in Walt Disney World Parks

Flswimmer

Original Poster
I have an idea that would definitely improve the guest experience, while also improving Walt Disney World Revenue. Lots of phones now are coming with NFC(Near Field Communication) built in, which allows users to pay with their mobile phones. I think Walt Disney World should partner with Google to bring Google Wallet to their theme parks(starting with Epcot). Maybe Epcot could even have a place where people could try it out(like a futuristic center of shopping). This would help Google promote their new product, help make it easier for people to pay quicker(ultimately reducing lines), and have a futuristic feel(tapping to pay with your phone). If you need more details about Google Wallet you can find them at http://www.google.com/wallet/, and i'm curious what other people's thoughts on this are.

SyracuseOrange

Interesting, but if the "key to the world bracelets" that we hear so much about are actually in the plan for the next couple years, Google Wallet would be an unnecessary step.

bhg469

I just got a galaxy nexus today and once I unlocked Google wallet I thought about using it there. Anyone know if anyone accepts pay pass there?

SyracuseOrange

I just got a galaxy nexus today and once I unlocked Google wallet I thought about using it there. Anyone know if anyone accepts pay pass there?

I don't *believe* so. I've been following the news on Google Wallet and the like, and I don't think THE WORLD is quite in with this yet.

bhg469

I don't *believe* so. I've been following the news on Google Wallet and the like, and I don't think THE WORLD is quite in with this yet.

Bummer. I just tried to use my free $10 from Google today at the store and it didn't go through. Its really neat tech though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have an idea that would definitely improve the guest experience, while also improving Walt Disney World Revenue. Lots of phones now are coming with NFC(Near Field Communication) built in, which allows users to pay with their mobile phones. I think Walt Disney World should partner with Google to bring Google Wallet to their theme parks(starting with Epcot). Maybe Epcot could even have a place where people could try it out(like a futuristic center of shopping). This would help Google promote their new product, help make it easier for people to pay quicker(ultimately reducing lines), and have a futuristic feel(tapping to pay with your phone). If you need more details about Google Wallet you can find them at http://www.google.com/wallet/, and i'm curious what other people's thoughts on this are.

What's in it for Disney?
Why give a slice of the revenue to someone else?

And not 'many phones' it's only a touch today have NFC.. there is no telling yet if it will take off in the states.

Credit card payments are very quick and are universally adopted.

This would benefit Google far more than Disney. It tries to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. Add on top of that, Disney already has it's own integrated billing system (your key to the world card) and will be adding RFID services of their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom