What is Pool/Garden View at Boardwalk Villas?

captainkidd

Original Poster
Boardwalk Villas Questions

What type of room is Garden/Pool View in a 1 bedroom villa, standard or preferred? If preferred, might it overlook the Boardwalk?

Also, I know there is a balcony outside the living room? Is there a balcony outside the master bedroom as well?

Thanks!

ncstate7991

From a points perspective there are two sets of rooms: standard and preferred. Now preferred is broken out into two categories, but the are the same amount of points: pool/garden and boardwalk view.

The second post in this previous thread will greatly help: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=299253

As for balconies, you usually have a balcony off the bedroom and living room. I think that is always the case, but sometimes it is one big balcony, and of course ground floor will have a patio.

tjkraz

There are three room categories at the BoardWalk Villas:

Standard View = view of the driveway leading up to the resort or the valet parking lot.

Preferred BoardWalk View = Guaranteed to overlook the BoardWalk.

Preferred Garden / Pool View = Typically overlooks the Luna Pier pool or some grassy area along the canal leading to Hollywood Studios. There are a small number of Garden / Pool rooms which overlook the Village Green. That's the grassy area right at the back of the resort out by the Wyland Gallery and bike rental kiosk. You could try to request Village Green but no guarantees, of course. That's the only real chance of getting some form of BW view from a "Garden / Pool view" room.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Do all 1 bedroom villas have balconies? If so, are they just off the living room like at WL, or are they off the master bedroom as well?

Yanks07

Do all 1 bedroom villas have balconies? If so, are they just off the living room like at WL, or are they off the master bedroom as well?

Good question. I can only speak for Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas both of which have bedrm and living room balconies in the 1 bed rooms. I Look forward to hearing the answer as Im not really sure about the others.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Good question. I can only speak for Beach Club Villas and Boardwalk Villas both of which have bedrm and living room balconies in the 1 bed rooms. I Look forward to hearing the answer as Im not really sure about the others.

I was actually asking about Boardwalk, so you answered my question.:)

Yanks07

I was actually asking about Boardwalk, so you answered my question.:)

Oh, I didn't realize that. Yes, we have stayed standard, pool/prefered and recently Boardwalk view and each had the MB and also LR Balcony. On our recent trip we had a Boardwalk view which was really nice with a clear shot of Space Ship Earth and all of the high fireworks from Illuminations were clearly visible from our balcony, pretty cool.

tjkraz

As another poster said, there are balconies off of the bedroom and living room of all 1B units at the BoardWalk. Sometimes they are two separate small balconies. Other times it's one long balcony with the two doors.

Also there are two different styles of balcony railings at the resort. Some have a chest-high solid wall that you cannot see through. Others have the more traditional slats.

Can't really offer any advice as to how to get/avoid one type or the other. Locations vary from floor-to-floor and different sections of the resort. Even if you have a preference, I would be hesitant to put something like "do not want solid wall balcony" as a request. Room assigners do not have information on the style of balcony in each unit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom