Disneyland Half Marathon

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disneyland Half Marathon
September 2 - 4 2011

Are you taking part? Ask questions, post reports, and anything else to do with this event.

frank2271

Heading to DL with my wife and son, my wife and I will be finishing our Coast to Coast and my 14 yo son will be starting his (to be completed with the Wine & Dine) Spending a week in DL, can't wait!!!!!!!

fmingo36

I'll be there. I'm very excited about getting the Coast to Coast Medal and running through all 6 American parks this year. :)

I never thought about it that way. Very Cool! I can't wait to get that medal!

Can you imagine if they started having races in all the Disney Parks-then there would be an Around the World Disney challenge. That would be amazing!!!

Wilt Dasney

Can you imagine if they started having races in all the Disney Parks-then there would be an Around the World Disney challenge. That would be amazing!!!

And expensive!

If anyone actually made all those trips in a year, I think Disney would owe them a solid gold medal. :lol:

dreamfinder

And expensive!

If anyone actually made all those trips in a year, I think Disney would owe them a solid gold medal. :lol:

I know that Kevin Yee did all the races a few years ago. He had pictures on his blog of him with all the medals. A whole lotta bling.

Mad Stitch

Registration for the 2012 Disneyland Half Marathon opens on January 18, 2011. I’ll be there to complete the Coast to Coast Challenge. It will be my first trip to Disneyland and California.

Figment82

Registration has been open to the public for a week and it's already at 50%! Even with the drastic increase in the registration fee, this race still proves to be popular. Good luck to everyone participating!

Mad Stitch

Wow, it's now 51% full. I signed up at the expo on marathon weekend, but I still went to runDisney on the 18th because I was curious how full it was from the people who entered early like me. They didn’t have it listed though. I should probably get serious about booking a room. I have been hoping that I would win the One More Disney Day contest so that I wouldn’t need to pay for the trip. :D

dreamfinder

I got the early registration and the cool backpack :D

Cool backpack? What was the deal with that? I asked at the Marathon weekend Expo and they said that the only perk to registering then was the ability to register and be done with it. No freebies, no extra discount, nuttin. Was I lied to?

Edit: A quick Google search would indicate that yes, the RunDisney staff member at the booth did lie to me. : ( Can you post a picture of the backpack to see if I missed out on something good? I was planning on giving my credit card a rest before registering so passed since there was no perk (or so they told me).

Mad Stitch

Cool backpack? What was the deal with that? I asked at the Marathon weekend Expo and they said that the only perk to registering then was the ability to register and be done with it. No freebies, no extra discount, nuttin. Was I lied to?

Edit: A quick Google search would indicate that yes, the RunDisney staff member at the booth did lie to me. : ( Can you post a picture of the backpack to see if I missed out on something good? I was planning on giving my credit card a rest before registering so passed since there was no perk (or so they told me).

What time were you at the expo? Maybe they ran out of them by the time you got there. It was a single strap backpack with a runDisney Coast to Coast Challenge logo on it. I’m at work right now so I’ll post a pick of it this weekend if someone else doesn’t.

dreamfinder

What time were you at the expo? Maybe they ran out of them by the time you got there. It was a single strap backpack with a runDisney Coast to Coast Challenge logo on it. I’m at work right now so I’ll post a pick of it this weekend if someone else doesn’t.

I was there about noon on Thursday. It's possible that they got there late (wouldn't be the first time stuff for an expo showed up on Friday). They even had a sign out saying ask about the perks, which is why I was very surprised when they said you just get the benefit of registering early.

Texas84

I was there about noon on Thursday. It's possible that they got there late (wouldn't be the first time stuff for an expo showed up on Friday). They even had a sign out saying ask about the perks, which is why I was very surprised when they said you just get the benefit of registering early.

They must have been late because I got mine Saturday afternoon when I picked up my marathon packet.

Texas84

IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg

radio639

Hi all

I have now registered for the half Marathon and this will mean I will be taking part in the coast to coast challenge, having completed goofy this year.

It will be my first trip to California and I am very excited, although I am only coming over for the weekend, and traveling from the uk thats a long way to go!

dreamfinder

They must have been late because I got mine Saturday afternoon when I picked up my marathon packet.

Thanks for the picture. Woulda been nice to get something for free after shelling out goodness knows how much for these races, but my DW reminded me that I don't need any more bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom