WDW Guest Communications [wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

princess_cheri

Disappointment at All Star Music

We just returned home from our All Star Music vacation. The hotel was a let down. The hotel staff when checking in was not friendly. Our room was very far away from everything & on the second floor. I explained I had two small children but they looked at our reservation & said "standard room" & thats what I got. The hotel was not very busy either to give me a little better room. The steps were being painted & were closed off while we were there so it was even an extra long walk getting back to our room. We asked to use a cart for our luggage & was told we could get one way in the front of the building! The ice machine on second floor was broke. We were on the dining plan but the front desk forgot to give us our free refillable souvenor cups! When asked about them in the little cafe at the hotel, we were told we could purchase them for $14.95. I do understand it is a value resort, the cheapest of all the hotels but I expected a little nicer & friendlier service. Magic Kingdom was awesome & we were treated like royalty!

DisneyJoe

We just returned home from our All Star Music vacation. The hotel was a let down. The hotel staff when checking in was not friendly. Our room was very far away from everything & on the second floor. I explained I had two small children but they looked at our reservation & said "standard room" & thats what I got. The hotel was not very busy either to give me a little better room. The steps were being painted & were closed off while we were there so it was even an extra long walk getting back to our room. We asked to use a cart for our luggage & was told we could get one way in the front of the building! The ice machine on second floor was broke. We were on the dining plan but the front desk forgot to give us our free refillable souvenor cups! When asked about them in the little cafe at the hotel, we were told we could purchase them for $14.95. I do understand it is a value resort, the cheapest of all the hotels but I expected a little nicer & friendlier service. Magic Kingdom was awesome & we were treated like royalty!

If you told the food court person that you were on the dining plan, they should have given you the mug. The front desk does not hand them out.

Bell Services is at the front of the main building. The value resort luggage service would have brought your luggage to you, but when they had the staff, unless you wanted to get the cart yourself.

Did you ask for a better room? Sometimes all it takes is a polite request and the willingness to wait for them to check the room inventory and move you to another room.

princess_cheri

The food court should have known I was on dining plan when I handed them my card & they took 4 Quick Service meals off. I asked for a better room but I was told I booked a standard & could upgrade for more money to a better room. We wanted to get a cart for our luggage & do it ourself but the front lobby was too far away & my husband just made 3 trips. The parking lot was even far from the room cause the room faced the fountains. I think they should have carts at all the buildings in a central location.

DisneyJoe

The food court should have known I was on dining plan when I handed them my card & they took 4 Quick Service meals off. I asked for a better room but I was told I booked a standard & could upgrade for more money to a better room. We wanted to get a cart for our luggage & do it ourself but the front lobby was too far away & my husband just made 3 trips. The parking lot was even far from the room cause the room faced the fountains. I think they should have carts at all the buildings in a central location.

Which building were you in?

Never mind, I believe I figured it out.

When you say "faced the fountains" you must have been in the Jazz Buildings facing their fountains. Jazz is the second set of buildings, Calypso being the first set. The Calypso buildings are preferred and would be an added cost upgrade. There are 3 other sets of buildings that are even further away than you were.

Did your husband park the car behind the Jazz building?

Gig 'Em Mickey

So you wanted something you didn't pay for (room).

You were upset about them maintaining the property (painting)

You wanted a luggage cart, but wanted it delivered to you. But instead your husband made three trips instead of one to get the cart, and one to get to the car.

On the cups when you ask someone how much they are they will tell you the price. Since you were on the dining plan, simply tell the cashier these are on your dining plan.

Sounds like you had unreasonable expectations going in. We stay at the values when we go and love them. Yes I have to get the luggage myself (horrors!), but overall they give me what I want. Good value for my money.

Monorail Lime

Oh and why did you decide to dig up this dinosaur of a thread instead of making a new one? Or going directly to disney?

Perhaps they thought they were contacting Disney directly. For whatever reason, this thread is the first hit on a Google search for "wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com".

It's a reasonable mistake. :shrug:

BrittanyRose428

I was thinking the same thing ^^ This thread is from 2002 0.o Sometimes I wonder if people know this is just a forum and not anyone actually from Disney lol

Pioneer Hall

I called the hotel directly & this is the website I was given to write a review! I guess they don't want their people to see the negative reviews.

I cannot believe that Disney directed you toward a fan site to voice your complaint. If you called them they would have told you to contact their guest communications email (which is what this thread is titled for some reason) or to write them a regular letter. They would not tell you to come to a website that is in no way affiliated with their company.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I called the hotel directly & this is the website I was given to write a review! I guess they don't want their people to see the negative reviews.
Chances are the cast member told you to send your complaint to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com , which is an email address. If you typed that into Google it would pull up this thread simply because that email address is in the title of the thread.

If you wish to complain to Disney email them at wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com. This site is an unofficial fan site and is in no way affiliated with the Disney Company.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah if you Google wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com this thread is the second link!

rsoxguy

Yes, I'd like to file a complaint please. The last time I ate at Pecos Bill's, my soda had too much ice. Can anyone here please help me with this? Please? Hello?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom