Cast Member Costume Pics

jtizzle1023

Original Poster
So, not sure if this is a thread but I thought I would give it a shot. Lets try to post pics of all the different cast member costumes

Bolt

If you are really that passionate about it - call a cast member and have them show you the costuming section on The HUB and it shows someone modeling every single costume.

jhastings74

If you are really that passionate about it - call a cast member and have them show you the costuming section on The HUB and it shows someone modeling every single costume.

?

Actually, I think it's kind of a neat idea. There may be some (many) people that don't have access to a Cast Member that they can just 'call up', let alone one that would give them their HUB access information. :shrug:

I'd like to see the 'people' side of the attractions anyway. So, hopefully we'll get some pics up here. :)

jhastings74

Probably NOT the first CM costume that would come to mind for most, but the first of many I will be digging out of my photos:

(This was at Fantasia Gardens, August 2011)

ChuckNorrisNight1432.jpg

jhastings74

And ironically, as tacky as this costume was for me to wear, I MISS it!!!!

For Chester & Hester's Dinorama area (thankfully we were issued different ones for the Dino Institute!):

chestercostume.jpg

Jerm

As a past CM I ask please don't do this. Not only is it very scary to walk into work and have people say "oh I saw you on wdwmagic (or the other web sites that have done this)" but in the past I know CM's that have gotten fired due to this type of thing. When someone takes a pic of a cm doing something fun that is great, but often fun things and what Disney sees as the right thing does not match! Also how would you like it if people went to your job and took pictures of you and what you were wearing???? A bit creepy folks.

mpaul32001

Also how would you like it if people went to your job and took pictures of you and what you were wearing???? A bit creepy folks.

Guests ask me for photos all the time...The costumes are usually intricately done, and that's why the guest wants the photo. Nobody makes a costume like Disney...Not very creepy at all...

I do although think it should be a rule to make sure these Cast Members were asked for the photo, rather then without their consent

Timekeeper

As a past CM I ask please don't do this. Not only is it very scary to walk into work and have people say "oh I saw you on wdwmagic (or the other web sites that have done this)" but in the past I know CM's that have gotten fired due to this type of thing. When someone takes a pic of a cm doing something fun that is great, but often fun things and what Disney sees as the right thing does not match! Also how would you like it if people went to your job and took pictures of you and what you were wearing???? A bit creepy folks.

You're joking, right?

First, there's something called "implied consent."

Second, WDW is probably one of the most photographed and videotaped locations in the world. CMs, as well as other guests, should expect to be captured in many, many, many photos.

Third, if I am taking a medium to wide photo, it will be literally impossible to track down the hundreds of people (or even the half dozen CMs) in my photo for permission. Besides, what am I supposed to do, carry around hundreds of model release forms each time I visit WDW?

Fourth, when a CM is on stage, well, guess what, they're "on stage" (see "implied consent").

Fifth, and maybe most importantly, if a CM should not be doing something, then they should not be doing something. If a CM should not give a guest the courtesy of offering a single-fingered-gesture, then that CM should not complain if said gesture happened to be captured in a photo. In fact, nowadays, that CM should anticipate that their gesture will end up in a photo (just as they should anticipate that their managers might be watching at any given time, etc.) If working in such a heavily photographed location means that an employee is more likely to mind their P's and Q's, how is that a bad thing? :shrug:

Our culture, and the fact that we are at WDW, and for the reasons stated above, results in our anticipation that we (and CMs) will be heavily photographed while "on stage" in the parks. If someone doesn't want to be photographed by the thousands, then I imagine that they ought to find a job that does not include the term "on stage" in the job description. And if someone doesn't want to be photographed breaking the rules, then they probably shouldn't break the rules. :brick:

Jerm

You're joking, right?

Nope not at all, I am guessing that you are part of the Disney community that feels that you "own" Disney because you have an AP/D23 membership/a few shares of stocks....well as a CM I can say you might feel that way but you are wrong! CM's are not on display for you! If you walk up to a CM and ask them to take a picture of them that is fine but really posting pictures of people doing their jobs just because you think the costume is cool NOT SO MUCH! People have rights and as someone that has been on the other end of the camera I think that posting pictures of me while I am doing a job is creepy!

I understand the costumes are cool, but ASK the cast member if they mind you taking a picture of them. The first 2 pictures that have been posted have been "I am snapping a picture while you are not looking" and to me are just rude...but that is ok you feel that CM's should not have a right because they work for Disney. GOT IT!

Timekeeper

I am guessing that you are part of the Disney community that feels that you "own" Disney because you have an AP/D23 membership/a few shares of stocks....

You guessed wrong.

People have rights and as someone that has been on the other end of the camera I think that posting pictures of me while I am doing a job is creepy!

Again, CMs are always "on stage" when photographed by guests. I'm sorry that you don't understand this unique-to-Disney concept.:cry:

But speaking of creepy...

DSC_02941.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom