Should Disney make a Phineas & Ferb attraction in HWS?

Yodadudeman

No. And here's why, children's entertainment(whether it is Disney or not), changes on the flip of a dime. One day this new Phineas & Ferb ride will be all the rage, and the next, we will be praying that they take it down(i.e. American Idol Experience). It would be a better idea, in my opinion, if they put an attraction in that had more "staying power". While I could be wrong, and Phineas & Ferb could last for another twenty years, I'm just scared that this type of attraction could seem dated very quickly.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
It's a tv show. Disney never makes permanent attractions based on tv shows. If that were the case, I would expect a Ducktales themed ride somewhere by now! (heck, that and Darkwing Duck are still my all time fave Disney shows)

While they may be popular right now, by the time they would get an attraction approved, the show might be on it's last leg.

I don't think Disney will give up P&F anytime soon.. but like the other guy said, if it's a really well made 4D theater, it could easily be updated with a new video every 2 or 3 years. I see P&F staying on Disney Channel for a really, really long time.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

invader

If by going for the cash grab you mean listening to guest feed back and responding to it then yes, the went for the cash grab. If you want someone to blame next time you go to Epcot line up 10 random people and you can point the finger at the 8 of them that want to see characters in Epcot. That is the only reason they are there.

If eight out of ten people tell you to jump off of a bridge should you do it?

TropicalFig8

I wouldn't mind a P&F movie replacing Sounds Dangerous. A P&F imagination ride would be okay but put in DHS. I don't think Figment needs to put "Under New Management".

captainkidd

No. And here's why, children's entertainment(whether it is Disney or not), changes on the flip of a dime. One day this new Phineas & Ferb ride will be all the rage, and the next, we will be praying that they take it down(i.e. American Idol Experience). It would be a better idea, in my opinion, if they put an attraction in that had more "staying power". While I could be wrong, and Phineas & Ferb could last for another twenty years, I'm just scared that this type of attraction could seem dated very quickly.

That's really the beauty of a 3D attraction. It can be changed very easily and for little money. Disney's done it with Philharmagic's theater a number of times. Universal has done it with what used to be the Jimmy Neutron attraction.

In all honesty, any attraction can be changed to fit whatever the current popular trend is. Once the attraction is built, it's just a question of interior design. Mr Toad to Poo is a perfect example.

Crockett

Banned
IMO Make it a House of Mouse Restaurant..And make it more like the building from the show.
houseofmouse.jpg
Yes, yes, and YES to this idea. :sohappy:

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm 31, no kids, and I love Phineas & Ferb. Flipping channels one day, I happened to watch, and I was surprised how funny it is!

For years I have despised anything on the Disney Channel, but this show is excellent. I would love to see a P&F ride or show in the parks!

Oh, and I would 100% love to see House of Mouse appear in the parks (or heck, even back on the Disney Channel - I loved that show!). Sadly, I think that ship has sailed :(

Jakester

This past saturday (december 10th), I forcefully watched American Idol, and was underwhelmed. I'd like to see Phineas and Ferb make a decent attraction in that space. They Could.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
P&F has been running since 2007 and I still don't see it coming to an end anytime soon. :)

WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Contrast

Yes, I love Phineas and Ferb and when I went to WDW last year and saw the Phineas and Ferb characters all I could think about was how cool it would be to have a P&F ride.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee
They are a Disney Channel property...
Ah-ha....enough said.
In that case, no. I don't think they should have an attraction. Short lived Disney Channel shows have no place in a park that celebrates the best in movies and TV. Let's set our standards a little higher.

muse1983

Why people would want another 3d or 4d attraction in the WDW is beyond me...:shrug:I can only hope they put the space to much better use!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom