New Muppet Ride?

ProjectGemini

Original Poster
In this weeks Entertainment Weekly, they have a a wonderful cover story on the new Muppet movie. The most interesting thing to me though is a comment that (Writer/Star) Jason Segal makes near the end of it, regarding Disney execs talking to him about a new ride....has anyone heard anything that would give this more weight?

SiriusBlack

That would be a great way to move some crowds to that direction of the park. Not sure where they ahve the room in DHS, but a muppets Dark Ride would be awesome.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Well there's always talk!

I'm sure if the film does Pirates of the Caribbean-esque numbers those talks might become more serious.

aladdin2007

Maybe they will dust off the original plans for The Great Muppet Movie Ride. It would not suprise me if they replaced the current Great Movie ride with muppets. :shrug: I would rather them not, but its not a far fetched idea either. Would rather see muppets than marvel in there.

midwest_mice

It would be nice to see the Muppets more in the area around their 3D movie. Must be an empty soundstage somewhere where a dark ride could be put into. Animatronic Beeker would be cool!

Supergirl7710

Maybe they will dust off the original plans for The Great Muppet Movie Ride. It would not suprise me if they replaced the current Great Movie ride with muppets. :shrug: I would rather them not, but its not a far fetched idea either. Would rather see muppets than marvel in there.

No no no no absolutely not!!!
If they replaced the great movie ride I would boycott HS for the rest of my life.
I'm still angry from the name change.
Getting rid of my favorite ride would cause a definite Occupy Disney world.

Scuttle

If they replaced the great movie ride I would boycott HS for the rest of my life.

I agree! Tearing down the Great Movie Ride is the equivalent of losing Horizons at Epcot. Hollywood Studios has definite theme issues and is in an identity crisis. Losing the Great Movie Ride would totally destroy the last ride at the Studios that actually is intricately themed to the opening day MGM studios. I hope HS never loses TGMR. Especially since the backlot tour is the joke that it is now.

The Great Muppet Movie Ride was supposed to be a separate ride - not a replacement.

CountryBearFan

The next person to use the ever-so-idiotic "wrong-sounding Muppets" thing is going to get it! :mad:

Saying something as stupid as that is exactly the same as saying "wrong-sounding Disney characters" or "wrong-sounding Looney Tunes" and other equally-idiotic, stupid and harsh, mean-spirited things like that. :mad: :hammer:

Supergirl7710

The next person to use the ever-so-idiotic "wrong-sounding Muppets" thing is going to get it! :mad:

Saying something as stupid as that is exactly the same as saying "wrong-sounding Disney characters" or "wrong-sounding Looney Tunes" and other equally-idiotic, stupid and harsh, mean-spirited things like that. :mad: :hammer:

Are you referring to the video?

Magenta Panther

I agree. There is quite enough of a Muppet presence in the parks already. No more, please. Not when we don't even have a Lion King dark ride, or Jungle Book, or even anything decent connected to Mary Poppins.

It's still Walt Disney World. Not Walt Disney Jim Henson George Lucas James Cameron World. Let's hope it stays that way.

And I'd bet a cookie that Jason spoke out his...um...ear, just throwing the idea out there, just like he kept going around saying he was making a Muppet movie before Disney even greenlit it. Frankly, I think the dude has issues.

Magenta Panther

Well, now that you mention it, the Bugs Bunny on the new Looney Tunes show sounds awful. Daffy's okay, but Bugs is bad.

And right-sounding or wrong-sounding (I think Fozzie sounds REALLY off :lookaroun ), NO MORE MUPPETS IN THE PARKS!

MissMorrow

Agreed. I would be none too pleased if TGMR was replaced! I'm all for a Muppet ride, as I love the Muppets, but not at the expense of TGMR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom