Walking From Hollywood Studios To Boardwalk

MickeyMind

Was trying to see fantasmic this friday night, staying at the boardwalk, I know the boats and busses are going to be jam packed after the show. Wanted to know if there was a walkway from dhs to the boardwalk? I dont remember ever seeing one

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There is a pathway from Boardwalk to DHS. It runs along the water, under a bridge, and up through part of the parking lot into the main entrance. And yes, it's about a 1.5 miles (give or take). A nice stroll really......

Upvote 0

timeman

The easiest way to figure out where the pathway is this way. If you are at the boat dock at Hollywood studios look on the opposite side of the lake and you will see a sidewalk along the lake and that is the pathway. To get to it from Hollywood Studios as you are walking out head to the bus drop off area to the left and you will see the sidewalk that goes along side the lake. If you are walking from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios all you need to do is walk over toward the Swan & Dolphin and before you cross the bridge over the water you will see a sidewalk path on your left and there will be a little sign directing you toward Hollywood Studios.

Upvote 0

a2grafix

After a handful of walks on the path between Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk en route to EPCOT and/or to grab something at Beaches and Cream, I've shortened my walking time by veering off and through the Boardwalk main pool area.

I'm now averaging about 10 minutes, maybe 12-15 minutes, between DHS and the Boardwalk. It's a pretty nice walkway. Very quiet sometimes. It's another hidden gem at WDW. Great exercise too. On occasion you will see resort guests running on the path, regardless of time or weather.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The only time I don't like the pathway is at about mi 25 during the marathon. Then it seems like it goes on forever..... Otherwise its a nice walk that is usually pretty quiet.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGlenn

After a handful of walks on the path between Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk en route to EPCOT and/or to grab something at Beaches and Cream, I've shortened my walking time by veering off and through the Boardwalk main pool area.

I'm now averaging about 10 minutes, maybe 12-15 minutes, between DHS and the Boardwalk. It's a pretty nice walkway. Very quiet sometimes. It's another hidden gem at WDW. Great exercise too. On occasion you will see resort guests running on the path, regardless of time or weather.

I'll second this! Just got back from the Boardwalk and made a few quick walks over to HS to get in a Star Tours ride. Definitely in the 12-15 minute range. One time I took the boat back because it was ready to leave, and got off at the S&D.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

use the walkway. you will head straight out of the park and walk along the waters edge. we walked it many times even with young kids (under 8) we are never passed by the boat!!! never a crowd either

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

I use the walkway exclusively when I stay at the Dolphin. Great walk. Boardwalk is the shortest walk to HS. You can go out near the pool or tennis courts and its a little shorter.

I really enjoy this walk. Especially coming around the bend and seeing Tower of Terror behind the trees.

Upvote 0

a2grafix

I use the walkway exclusively when I stay at the Dolphin. Great walk. Boardwalk is the shortest walk to HS. You can go out near the pool or tennis courts and its a little shorter.

I really enjoy this walk. Especially coming around the bend and seeing Tower of Terror behind the trees.

Didn't think of exiting near the tennis courts. Haven't figured where they dump out at.

And yes, have to second the sight of the Hollywood Tower of Terror emerging from the trees.

Sometimes when I walk it at night between the parks, Tower is lit up pretty ominously.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom