February weather??

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Chilly in the morning and evening. Warms up during the day.

Unless, an artic cold front as pushed through just prior to your arrival.

CatsMeow

Unless you run into a cold snap :rolleyes: our experience was 70's during the day and 50's in the evenings. Some folks used the pool, but we personally thought it was too chilly. It was great for touring though.

But prepare for anything. Check the local Orlando news station websites for the local forecast in the weeks/days leading up to your trip.

I agree with Hakuna. We visit every Feb, & it's always very pleasant by lunchtime. We dress in shorts & light jackets in the mornings but shed that layer rather quickly.

StarWarsGirl

I'm going in February during the Princess Half Marathon weekend.

what is the weather usually like during this month?
So here's the thing about weather in Orlando in February: It changes every year. Not kidding. Last year, I went at the end of January. It was in the eighties. A few years ago, it was in the forties. Usually, it's somewhere in between. Normally it gets into the 60's and 70's daily, and gets into the 50's and 40's at night. That's the general pattern. But check before you go. Like, days before you go. You just won't know.

Alexis

The weather is probably cool in the mornings and evenings. But during the day in the heat of the sun, it should be mid 70s and low 80s. So prepare with a light sweater with pants! I think during the day for the park it'll be some nice weather and not sweaty in the lines! Yet again, this is Florida weather can always vary! Have a great trip :)

Alley7728

Florida weather in one word unpredictable...We are heading down on the 13th.,aIthough I am in Tallahassee Fl. the weather changes so often and I was even debating what to pack. I have read so many different post and experiences about Feb. weather. Summers are predictable minus the popcorn showers. Spring and Fall usually follow the same temp. patterns. We haven't really had much of a winter this year so I guess be prepared for anything. I hope you have a wonderful time. BTW yesterday it was a warm 77....:cool: today we are not suppose to get out of the 60s. Defiantly not complaining! :)

GatorAsh

As a FL resident and APholder, here's how I dress for a February day:
Jeans, long sleeved Gap tshirt (or something lightweight), lightweight scarf, puffy vest or jacket for the cool mornings and evenings. Since we usually have a car in the parking lot, we'll head to it as the day warms up to drop off the vest. I tie the scarf around my cross-body purse strap. That way I can use it if we go into an air conditioned building or are in the shade. When it begins to cool off again, I go back to the car and grab my vest/jacket.
Exhibit A

Isaac Epcot trip by GatorAsh11, on Flickr
Exhibit B

Disney Birthday Trip by GatorAsh11, on Flickr
If you don't have a car, you could rent a locker and do basically the same. If you're park hopping or don't want to rent a locker, you could bring a zip up hoodie or jacket that's lightweight enough to tie around your waist (which I hear is a fashion faux pas, but in the parks I'm all for comfort and practicality.)
On a tangent, speaking of comfort and practicality, has anyone seen those women who wear high heeled shoes or wedges to the parks? And dressy dresses?! Ouch!

Alley7728

Jeans, long sleeved Gap tshirt (or something lightweight), lightweight scarf, puffy vest or jacket for the cool mornings and evenings. Since we usually have a car in the parking lot, we'll head to it as the day warms up to drop off the vest. I tie the scarf around my cross-body purse strap. That way I can use it if we go into an air conditioned building or are in the shade. When it begins to cool off again, I go back to the car and grab my vest/jacket.
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

If you don't have a car, you could rent a locker and do basically the same. If you're park hopping or don't want to rent a locker, you could bring a zip up hoodie or jacket that's lightweight enough to tie around your waist (which I hear is a fashion faux pas, but in the parks I'm all for comfort and practicality.)
On a tangent, speaking of comfort and practicality, has anyone seen those women who wear high heeled shoes or wedges to the parks? And dressy dresses?! Ouch!
HAHAHA...... That kills me to see heels! We did a scavenger hunt one year and that was one of the things we had to look for and it was WAY to easy!

StarWarsGirl

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

You Floridians are a bit weird. Long sleeves and a scarf in Florida. I never wear long sleeves. Ever. And I'm from Baltimore, where it gets quite chilly. I put on a coat to go outside and carry my hoodie, at home that is. In Florida in February, well, it all depends. Check the weather before you go. I was in shorts for most of my trip last January but then switched to jeans. Carry some hoodies for the evenings. Unless it gets down below 50, you really don't need anything else. Those of us from the north have thicker blood.

GatorAsh

You Floridians are a bit weird. Long sleeves and a scarf in Florida. I never wear long sleeves. Ever. And I'm from Baltimore, where it gets quite chilly. I put on a coat to go outside and carry my hoodie, at home that is. In Florida in February, well, it all depends. Check the weather before you go. I was in shorts for most of my trip last January but then switched to jeans. Carry some hoodies for the evenings. Unless it gets down below 50, you really don't need anything else. Those of us from the north have thicker blood.
It's true, you northerners DO have thicker blood. I lived in CT for 4 years and couldn't get back south fast enough! :)
I think it's all perspective- when you're used to 80 and sunny, the 50's feel chilly. Orlando seems even cooler than the coast. I'd rather be prepared then freezing and have to shell out $50 for a Mickey hoodie...

StarWarsGirl

It's true, you northerners DO have thicker blood. I lived in CT for 4 years and couldn't get back south fast enough! :)
I think it's all perspective- when you're used to 80 and sunny, the 50's feel chilly. Orlando seems even cooler than the coast. I'd rather be prepared then freezing and have to shell out $50 for a Mickey hoodie...
My Mickey hoodie goes everywhere with me. Lol, we had a discount. I've been sensitive to MD weather since I got back from Disney on Monday. But that's because it's 30.

RonAnnArbor

This is one of the most curious times to visit -- but there are plusses -- no matter what, it will always be warmer than anywhere up north -- (MIchigan here) -- but it could very from year to year. Don't worry about the weather at all until about two days out from your trip. Florida weather can not be predicted further out than that.
The plus side is, if you get a gorgeous 70-degree day and its overcast, you will have no UV rays, meaning you don't need to slather the sunscreen on. That changes if the sun comes out, but overcast + 70 is ideal for us northerners (who don't usually wear sunscreen, and which I personally find the single most annoying thing about any trip to the World, the greasy, smeary, eye-tearing, cover everything or you burn to a crisp sunscreen.

Alley7728

We leave in the morning and the forecast looks good except for some possible rain on Thursday and Friday. Well 40 and 50 percent:rolleyes:.....my theory though, cup half full especially if it's containing a Dole Whip!:p

GatorAsh

@StarWarsGirl95- just came across this and thought of our conversation. #7!!!! :cool:

‎25 Ways to know if you are a TRUE Floridian...

1. Socks are only for bowling.
2. You never use an umbrella because the rain will be over in five minutes.
3. A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.
4. Your winter coat is made of denim.
5. You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites.
6. You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65.
7. Anything under 70 degrees is chilly.
8. You've driven through Yeehaw Junction.
9. You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.
10. You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for.
11. You dread love bug season.
12. You are on a first name basis with the hurricane list. They aren't Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You know them as Andrew, Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Wilma, Irene, Cheryl, Rita, Mary, Alison
13. You know what a snowbird is and when they'll leave.
14. You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average.
15. 'Down South' means Key West.
16. Flip-flops are everyday wear. Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before.
17. You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt.
18. You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls.
19. A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
20. You know the four seasons really are: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer.
21. You've hosted a hurricane party.
22. You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Withlacoochee , Thonotosassa and Micanopy.
23. You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself.
24. You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas and New Years.
25. You recognize Miami-Dade as 'Northern Cuba.'

Alley7728

Loved your post but in true North Fl. style they missed a few
Where is the party tonight, at the river or creek?
Football season and the fact that many people still do not know what a boiled peanut is, which, by the way, are a necessity at football games...lol I'm sure people with think of more. :p

StarWarsGirl

This is one of the most curious times to visit -- but there are plusses -- no matter what, it will always be warmer than anywhere up north -- (MIchigan here) -- but it could very from year to year. Don't worry about the weather at all until about two days out from your trip. Florida weather can not be predicted further out than that.
The plus side is, if you get a gorgeous 70-degree day and its overcast, you will have no UV rays, meaning you don't need to slather the sunscreen on. That changes if the sun comes out, but overcast + 70 is ideal for us northerners (who don't usually wear sunscreen, and which I personally find the single most annoying thing about any trip to the World, the greasy, smeary, eye-tearing, cover everything or you burn to a crisp sunscreen.
I would say 5-6 days is fairly accurate if you want to do some preliminary packing, but it can change, so keep checking back with it.

openendedsky

The weather's been pretty nutty the past few days. Yesterday and the day before got up to 85-88 but today it hasn't gotten past 65 and has been drizzling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom