Pop Century and Preferred Pool View Rooms

minniemickeyfan

Anyone booked a room in this new category at Pop--Preferred Pool View Rooms? I booked an AP rate for January and I could only get a preferred room, so we decided to try to pool view preferred since it was only $22 more for the 6 nights. The noise doesn't bother us, as we are heavy sleepers, thought we tried it.
Worth it or is Disney is just going for more money? Anyone stayed in the 60's facing the pool?

Pioneer Hall

Anyone booked a room in this new category at Pop--Preferred Pool View Rooms? I booked an AP rate for January and I could only get a preferred room, so we decided to try to pool view preferred since it was only $22 more for the 6 nights. The noise doesn't bother us, as we are heavy sleepers, thought we tried it.
Worth it or is Disney is just going for more money? Anyone stayed in the 60's facing the pool?

I didn't even know they were adding another category (don't really understand the view thing at a resort like that). I had a room in the 60's one facing the pool and it was quite loud. I always thought that people overstated what the noise was like in a room like that, but I definitely understood after having that room in July. However, in January, I would expect the pool use to be a lot lower than July...especially at night when it gets cooler.

Upvote 0

jennytep

We stayed there a couple of years ago. Its great unless you like to sleep late. The power washers for the deck get going in the morning and they are pretty loud. We are usually up early and off to the parks so it didn't really bother us. We really enjoyed the theme and the location can't get more convenient.

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

We just stayed there last week and the room was awesome!!! I now will always pay the extra money. My parents were right there at the pool bottom floor and we were on the 3rd floor in the 60's building. I cant say anything bad but you could hear the music which I loved and you can sleep because by the time u wanna go to sleep its all quiet. No problems at all!! It was great

Upvote 0
I noticed All Star Music now is offering the same "Preferred Pool" area. Personally I think it's an extra money grab to offset the free dining plan, and reduced rates.

I have stayed by the pool on several different trips, and I agree with the posters here, it's normally quiet during sleeping hours. But during the midday afternoon (especially if you want downtime/naptime) it's not the rooms to be in. Too much screaming and loud music for afternoon breaks.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I noticed All Star Music now is offering the same "Preferred Pool" area. Personally I think it's an extra money grab to offset the free dining plan, and reduced rates.

I have stayed by the pool on several different trips, and I agree with the posters here, it's normally quiet during sleeping hours. But during the midday afternoon (especially if you want downtime/naptime) it's not the rooms to be in. Too much screaming and loud music for afternoon breaks.
New special room types exist for one reason only. Guests are requesting those particular room locations and/or types. Adding them as a specific category give guests the ability to guarantee this request and lets Disney make a little coin in the process.

Upvote 0

momprincess

The last time we stayed at Pop we got a preferred room and I would think it is a much closer walk from the regular preferred rooms than by poolside. For us it was about a 5 minute walk from our room to either the food court or the busses to the parks. It is definately worth the extra cost.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom