Best Disney tip you ever got!

juniorthomas

The best tip I got was from my travel agent Vinnie for our trip in 97. He said the first time you go to the Magic Kingdom find the mayor and ask him to be in the parade. So I found him and I asked. He looked at my two kids, then my wife and then me and asked how long we would be at WDW. He said he has pretty much people scheduled the entire time. But he took our room information and said if anything changed he'd call us.

So the next morning we were heading out to the parks and we were just closing the door and the phone rang! My wife and I both look at each other and I pull the room key out and opened the door. Well my wife pushes me aside, puts her shoulder to the door and rushes into the room. She literaly leaped over the bed and got to the phone on the third ring. It was Ray the mayor of MK and we were to meet him at city hall at 10 am.

We shared the honor with another family and it was the best ever. I smiled so much during the 30 minute parade route my face hurt. Hearing your name announced and all those people cheering was awesome. My son was 2 and he was in the back of that fire truck ringing the bell it the entire time. We were the first vehicle and when we got out they made us stay on the parade route and every single performer and character stopped by us.

Our agent Vinnie saved us tons of money throught all our years but the tip he gave us was ...priceless!

That's such a great tip! Right up there with trying to locate the paintbrush on TSI.

Sloan

Kingdom Konsultants

While I've gotten tons of great tips here at WDWMagic, the single best one has probably been to use Kingdom Konsultants. For years, I had always taken care of everything myself - including the long waits on hold on the non toll free numbers, waking up super early to get Food & Wine Festival special event tickets they morning they went on sale, etc..

I don't know why I was so hesitant to use a travel service - I guess I just thought that there had to be some sort of catch - but I saw so many glowing reviews of them on this site I gave them a try, and now I always let them take care of all of that for me. Last year Jenell was able to secure some Festival special events for me that are very exclusive and sell out immediately - and later was able to get me some last-minute add-ons I never thought would be available - so I'm a real fan!

mrsdanalind

While I've gotten tons of great tips here at WDWMagic, the single best one has probably been to use Kingdom Konsultants. For years, I had always taken care of everything myself - including the long waits on hold on the non toll free numbers, waking up super early to get Food & Wine Festival special event tickets they morning they went on sale, etc..

I don't know why I was so hesitant to use a travel service - I guess I just thought that there had to be some sort of catch - but I saw so many glowing reviews of them on this site I gave them a try, and now I always let them take care of all of that for me. Last year Jenell was able to secure some Festival special events for me that are very exclusive and sell out immediately - and later was able to get me some last-minute add-ons I never thought would be available - so I'm a real fan!

I have never heard of Kingdom Konsultants, how do you get in touch with them?
:king:

Xethos

Best tip? You're never too old for Disney. I went for the first time as a child and loved it, unfortunately my family couldn't ever afford to go back, skip ahead almost 20 years and thankfully I'm able to afford such things on my own. Been there three times in less then two years, and honestly I would have gone again this year but I ran out of friends that want to go!....apparently twice a years is enough for some people.

8laurach

Right on

Here are a couple. Bring two pair of walking shoes and switch them everyday. Make sure your shoes are broken in before coming. Bring moleskin, it can literally save a trip.

It's been said before, but be there at rope drop. The first two hours of the day are the easiest for attractions. This also allows for a solid mid-day break.

If you are a runner or athlete, or even if you aren't, take some time for a short light run. The small amount of energy you expend will come back to you ten fold through a looser body, reduced stress, and better sleep. And it is one of the best ways to explore the resort areas. Yoga works too.

Finally, don't try and do it all. You never will and you'll only frustrate yourself. Identify a few must do's for each park and make sure you hit those and take the rest as they come. We usually have everyone pick the one thing they want make sure we all do and that is the list for the day.

Terrific advice all!

dreamscometrue

For me it was choosing a spot near Paris for Illuminations in EPCOT, then exiting the park toward the Boardwalk. This saved us tons of time waiting for the buses in front of EPCOT, not to mention the crowds near the front exit.

And where did you go after that? If you did this instead of catching a bus in front of Epcot, did you walk to DHS to catch one? :shrug:

Figments Friend

This is for AK if it starts to rain head for the safari ride. Animals love the rain it cools them off and they tend to come out and play alot more. Or hit it first thing in the morning when it is cooler they like that too.

GREAT tip, as everytime i have ever visited AK, there has always been a 20 downpour at some point in the afternoon! Never fails, but of all the Parks this is the perfect spot for it to happen considering you are supposed to be 'on safari' in the jungles anyway.

Figments Friend

That's funny Becanya because when I booked this vacation I asked Vin if he thought Ray (the mayor) is still around and maybe we can catch lightning in the bottle twice. He informed me that they have a "dream squad" now hat has a predetermined location to go to at a specific time and that's how they find the the famly for the grand marshalls so it's random. I busted him and told him it was because he told too many people so Disney changed how they do it.

I was thrilled to chance upon a similar experience when i accompanied a co-worker to her first WDW visit in January 2010. We entered the MK right after opening and as we walked down Main Street my co-worker was visably excited. This caught the attention of Dean, a longterm member of the Cast who introduced himself as 'being on Main Street for 18 years now'.

Dean expressed interest in knowing our story, so when i told him this was my co-workers 1st visit and i had helped arrange it, he invited us both to be in the afternoon Parade. Not sure if this was just because he liked us so much ( he was amused by my co-workers excited state ) or i said the magic words...but it was amazing to be included.

Needless to say it was the fullfillment of a long held fantasy of mine ( to be in the Main St afternoon parade in some role)..and of course my Co-worker was beside herself in glee. A awesome experience, and Dean took great care with us.

So be sure to look EXCITED to be at the MK when you enter when the Park opens! I have a feeling the Cast seek out the Parade Guests during that time period.

I love you Dean!!!!

mrsdanalind

Thank you

GREAT tip, as everytime i have ever visited AK, there has always been a 20 downpour at some point in the afternoon! Never fails, but of all the Parks this is the perfect spot for it to happen considering you are supposed to be 'on safari' in the jungles anyway.

I will be visiting with my entire family and my grand daughter (who will be 5 then ) loves zoos and the animals. I will keep this tip in mind when we go to AK, which is both of our favorite park. :xmas:

koryadams

Glow Sticks!

I did the same thing a few years ago! When I went with my friends, I got glow sticks from the dollar store and gave them out and we had our own glow :) It was fun! I might do that again! Thanks for bringing that up!

The only tip I can think of at the moment is Extra Magic Hours at magic kingdom that go until 3am are THE BEST! No one is there! It is amazing!

Oh another is, Mickey's Not-So-Scary-Halloween party: ride the rides first, then trick or treat. i rode every ride in Fantasyland with no wait! I did alot of rides that night, and still had time to see all the events and trick or treat!

tip

my best tip would be if you bring new people, or babies to disney dont ovewhelm them by trying to do everything in one day! i know the best memorys i had were at food courts and swimming pools :p

evvaberry

I think every trip to Disney will be great every time for sure! I want to use advanced poncho of our trip, on last month. The only thing I can not stress enough to anyone going for the first time is that you can never predict too much. The softer and more plan most of your trip is magical, especially when you go to the little ones.

G's love Disney

the best tip I can give: you can't see it all in one trip!! there is SO much to see that it can be over-whelming!!! take your time and enjoy yourself and then when you are ready to plan your next trip, (because you will want to go back again & again, etc!!!:ROFLOL:) plan to do some of the things you missed on your previous trip!!! March 2012 will be our 7th trip and we still haven't seen all of WDW!!!:lol:

hankhill

Best tip I ever got was that Fastpass does not expire outside of the "time window" they give you but rather good for any portion of the day after that as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom