Unique items to keep kids busy in lines

anne thomas

Original Poster
:wave:

Does anyone have any unique items that they take to keep kids patient in lines? In my research:hammer: for our first trip one mom takes different stickers of characters and in each line gives new stickers, I thought that was cool and on this forum I found bubbles.... how fun! :D

Nemo14

Personally I find bubbles to be very annoying when I'm waiting in line but maybe that's just me. :shrug:

olinecoach61

Hmm, the stickers intrigue me, did she put them in an autograph book or something? I wouldn't want my daughter sticking on a wall in a que.

EvilQueen-T

my son use to let my granddaughter bring a small spiral notepad. he'd tell her to draw things she saw, keep count of hidden mickey's for different family members, and she'd get autographs of kids around her in line cm's, that sort of thing.

Most kids don't really need anything because there's so much going on, but for kids who might, I really love the idea of stickers. As one mom explained to me, there's a "tactile experience" that's appealing to little kids. I never thought about it that way, but it makes sense.

The biggest issue we ever had was the kids wanting to climb on the rails. It seems like one would stop and then the other would hop on.

GatorGuy

I think a small Disney coloring book, a small sketchbook or notebook, or even one of those cheap photography cameras would be entertaining for them.
When they get home they can make their own litte scrapbook.

Or have them search for hidden mickeys, play the "I spy" game..

HouCuseChickie

My kids (2 and 4) were pretty well entertained in line without us having to do much. I would advise against the bubbles as those could bother others around you ... the same goes for stickers since those often end up all over the place and it might not be practical to clean up the stickers and move in line. The one thing I do recall doing...letting our girls see the cameras. DD4 actually took about 40 pics (that were awful) and they both really enjoyed scrolling through all of the pics I'd taken so far during the day. Same thing goes for the video camera playback. Beyond that- we'd psych them up for other parts of our day beyond the ride so they weren't focusing on the wait for this particular ride.

CaptainShortty

My friends and I still use the portable 20 Questions Game. It easily fits in your purse and can keep you occupied for hours. If the kids are old enough they can read the questions/answer themselves. If not, parents can have them think of something and read the questions allowed. Other than that, most kids won't need anything besides their parents to entertain because the queues are interesting by themselves and they'll probably want to talk and point out everything to you anyway.

EvilQueen-T

my kids and now granddaughter usually did fine but what gets old is when you have a 3 or 4 y/o whose getting worn out and they constantly wants to be picked up because you're standing in 95 degree weather in the peter pan line that is sooooo boring and seems endless...that's when you might need a little something to keep them busy.

we don't really do any special items....I mean, I've seen kids in line with handheld games, mp3 players, etc. and I always wonder to myself "why spend thousands of dollars to come to Disney and not look at everything around you in the queue and just around the area period?"

My kids are given their own digital camera to take pictures and the park map....they are happy as clams to look at the map and figure out what they want to ride next! And my son will take more pictures than both my wife and I combined! lol

NYwdwfan

Or have them search for hidden mickeys, play the "I spy" game..

We play "I Spy" as well - there are a billion things to "spy" in a Disney queue.

Sadly, we mainly play, "I wonder which adult that random toddler belongs to" as a child perches themselves precariously on a rail or prop while the grown ups around are talking on the phone or texting. :lookaroun

laxchik18

My friends and I still use the portable 20 Questions Game. It easily fits in your purse and can keep you occupied for hours. If the kids are old enough they can read the questions/answer themselves. If not, parents can have them think of something and read the questions allowed. Other than that, most kids won't need anything besides their parents to entertain because the queues are interesting by themselves and they'll probably want to talk and point out everything to you anyway.
great idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom