Rental car- cheapest pick-up/drop-off?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Hey all,

At the end of my trip, on July 14, I'm going to be driving down to Boca Raton to visit some relatives of mine for a few days, then flying home out of Fort Lauderdale. I'll need to rent a car to get down there. Since the rental is "one way", I get that it's going to be more expensive. National wants about $100 for the one day rental (I'll have the car no more than 4 hours), which seemed expensive to me, but I guess that's the going rate.

Is National the best option? I looked into them because they're right on property, but does anyone know of a better option?

wizards8507

Hey all,

At the end of my trip, on July 14, I'm going to be driving down to Boca Raton to visit some relatives of mine for a few days, then flying home out of Fort Lauderdale. I'll need to rent a car to get down there. Since the rental is "one way", I get that it's going to be more expensive. National wants about $100 for the one day rental (I'll have the car no more than 4 hours), which seemed expensive to me, but I guess that's the going rate.

Is National the best option? I looked into them because they're right on property, but does anyone know of a better option?

My one-way National rental for roughly the same time (July 17, from WDW to Tampa) is only $48.00 for a full-size... Can't imagine why yours would be so much more. Try a Google search for "Car rental codes" or something along those lines.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
My one-way National rental for roughly the same time (July 17, from WDW to Tampa) is only $48.00 for a full-size... Can't imagine why yours would be so much more. Try a Google search for "Car rental codes" or something along those lines.

Is it only for 1 day? All of the coupons I can find have 3-5 day minimums attached to them.

Also, I have an AP, and I see that I can get a 20% discount on Alamo with that. However, when I put in the ID number, it doesn't adjust the price. Anyone know why?

Upvote 0

wizards8507

Is it only for 1 day? All of the coupons I can find have 3-5 day minimums attached to them.

Yeah one day.

Also, I have an AP, and I see that I can get a 20% discount on Alamo with that. However, when I put in the ID number, it doesn't adjust the price. Anyone know why?

Try contract ID 3715761 with National. For the Alamo discount, you might have better luck over the phone.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
Yeah one day.

Try contract ID 3715761 with National. For the Alamo discount, you might have better luck over the phone.

You are a lifesaver!! Thank you! The contract ID you gave me with National worked and I got the full-size for $45.50 plus the taxes. Thank you so much!!!!!!! :sohappy::D

One last question...it says that if you want to use a debit card to pay you need to show proof of a roundtrip airline ticket? What does that mean? I'm not flying roundtrip anywhere, so do I have to use a regular credit card? :confused:

Upvote 0

wizards8507

You are a lifesaver!! Thank you! The contract ID you gave me with National worked and I got the full-size for $45.50 plus the taxes. Thank you so much!!!!!!! :sohappy::D

Glad I could help. I've been catching a lot of flak around here so it's nice to be appreciated lol.

One last question...it says that if you want to use a debit card to pay you need to show proof of a roundtrip airline ticket? What does that mean? I'm not flying roundtrip anywhere, so do I have to use a regular credit card? :confused:

Hm I've never heard that one before. I assume if it's a standard run-of-the-mill debit card with VISA/MasterCard on the front then they could run it as a credit card but don't quote me on that. I'd definitely call.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
Here's the relevant policy from my reservation, in case anyone else knows what this means...

A major credit card or debit card and a valid driver's license both in the name of the renter will be required at the time of rental. Debit and check cards, considered to be any non-credit card bearing the VISA or MasterCard logo (except for gift/prepaid cards) may only be used in conjunction with proof of round trip ticket (airline, cruise ship and the like). Without proof of roundtrip ticket, debit or check cards are only accepted on return. Any other non-credit card without the VISA or MasterCard logo is not accepted.

My debit card is just a regular Wells Fargo card with a Visa logo on it. Will that suffice?

Upvote 0

wizards8507

Here's the relevant policy from my reservation, in case anyone else knows what this means...

A major credit card or debit card and a valid driver's license both in the name of the renter will be required at the time of rental. Debit and check cards, considered to be any non-credit card bearing the VISA or MasterCard logo (except for gift/prepaid cards) may only be used in conjunction with proof of round trip ticket (airline, cruise ship and the like). Without proof of roundtrip ticket, debit or check cards are only accepted on return. Any other non-credit card without the VISA or MasterCard logo is not accepted.

My debit card is just a regular Wells Fargo card with a Visa logo on it. Will that suffice?

Not sure what that "only accepted on return" line means. It might mean that you have to use a regular credit card initially so they have it on file but then complete your purchase on the debit card when you bring the car back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom