More photos of Disney's Art of Animation Resort...

forevermickey

The rooms are too busy for me... I would not be able to relax in that room.... but excited to see more upcoming details as they progress

tecowdw

I don't know...the rooms look a bit cheesy to me. One looked like decor from the 70's. The artist drawings of the front facade's even look odd to me. The cars one will have the top half painted like the sky?!?!

Sure hope it all looks better in real life!
:shrug:

DisneyWall-E

Pictures look great to me. My daughter will love the Cars buildings. I dont think Disney wants your children to relax.:ROFLOL: They want them begging for toys.

charmmy

I don't care for Cars or Nemo, but I do like the LK & LM ones.. those butterfly chairs are something I wouldn't mind having in my home :D The giant King Triton is pretty cool looking.

Biff215

Definitely an interesting look to the outside of the buildings, not very similar to the typical value design. I'm not sure I like the 2-dimensional figures on the sides of the building. It makes them look like huge warehouses that are trying to be disguised by the paintings.

Usually concept art looks better than the actual finished product. in this case, I hope it's the other way around.

mrsdanalind

Hmmm

Hopefully I'm allowed to post this link here!?!

I hadn't seen these anywhere else so I'd thought I'd share. It's quite a few pictures from the Destination D presentation.

http://www.examiner.com/disney-trav...rt-of-animation-resort-picture#slide=33234121

Some of the rooms look quite interesting...!

I like the concept, but I agree with some of the posters that it looks very busy. I know that I'd be staring at the walls. Is this the final concept or are there more adjustments coming down the line?:rolleyes:

materbuddy

I like the Cars and Little Mermaid. I am not sure why they went with 2 underwater themes LM and Nemo. Couldn't they have picked a different theme.

Millionaire2K

So I’m guessing that the Little Mermaid buildings will be the buildings that have been sitting there for 10 years that are just like pop? And the rest will all be an "indoor" style hotel? It’s kinda odd they didn’t just make all the buildings the same. Either make them all outside doors, or make them all inside doors.

Odd?

Kristamouse

Not sure if this has been answered but what are the price points for these rooms?
We have four kids and are staying at the Family Suites @ ASSp this Labor Day. I am looking forward to haveing room to move and to sleep with the kids in a different room with out paying a ton...
Thanks!

CarlFredricksen

2 thoughts...

1, I think it looks incredibly tacky. Has a cheap preschool look. I feel like instead of truly theming the room, they just went down their checklist and said, 'hmmmm....Tarzan Bedspread, check. Tarzan shower curtain, check. Tarzan poster, check. Tarzan carpet, check. Etc...OK! This is a Tarazan room!'

2, sooooo much stuff will be stolen from these rooms!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been answered but what are the price points for these rooms?
We have four kids and are staying at the Family Suites @ ASSp this Labor Day. I am looking forward to haveing room to move and to sleep with the kids in a different room with out paying a ton...
Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean ASMusic... the family suites are only located at ASMu!

Most people are assuming that the price of these suites will probably be similar to what you will be paying for the suite over at ASMu. I guess time will tell...

NadieMasK2

Yuck. They look exactly like both of my girls rooms looked when they picked everything out in the pre-teen years. :dazzle: I feel like they could do a lot more with this Art of Animation concept. :shrug:

Cosmic Commando

2 thoughts...

1, I think it looks incredibly tacky. Has a cheap preschool look. I feel like instead of truly theming the room, they just went down their checklist and said, 'hmmmm....Tarzan Bedspread, check. Tarzan shower curtain, check. Tarzan poster, check. Tarzan carpet, check. Etc...OK! This is a Tarazan room!'

2, sooooo much stuff will be stolen from these rooms!
I honestly don't know where you're coming from on the first point. Yes, there are characters that I see on the headboards and the art on the walls. But the bedspreads, lamps, tables, chairs... I don't see any characters, and they all seem to fit the theme perfectly. Maybe it is a little loud for some people, but not every room has to be for everyone.

docandsix

What a Mess.

They'll be investing money (read, "wasting dollars that could be invested in the parks, like maybe for fixing the yeti") in refurbishing those rooms before the resort is open five years. Whoever said that it looks like a kindergarten or daycare was right on target.

_Scar

I love this.

They're taking the elements of what makes POP and All Stars unique and fun and "plussing" it. Yay :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom