Collecting

WDW2010

Original Poster
Hello everyone I'm looking into collecting some Walt Disney World items and I'm just wondering what do you guys collect?

So far, I've only collected a few things:

-2010 Mickey Cinderella castle pin (signifying my first visit to WDW)
-2011 Mickey Cinderella castle pin
-Mickey aviator pin (also signifying my first flight from this year)
-2011 Mickey and Minnie Epcot flower and garden festival pin
-2011 Mickey celebrating 40 years pin

When I was in Disney/Florida there was some Disney collectible coins, and at some Florida gift shops Disney collectible cards. I'm hoping to find one of these maybe on disneystore.com or even on ebay. There is a lot of stuff on ebay the only problem is finding the good seller.

Now the question is: What do you guys collect or want to collect?

FireorIce

Collecting Disney

Collect what love. Collect what you can afford.

If you rely on what others collect then it's not really yours. There are so many areas that I am sure you will be able to find your true passion.

If your goal is to make money at it, then you need to invest a lot of time and money to your hobbie, but I still say, start with what you love and learn learn learn. If just a personal passion the price tag won't matter as much as the acquisition of that "got to Have" item.

My passion is sorcerer Micky, but my collection includes WDCC from Disney of my youth, sericels, Pins, Buttons, Postcards, and many other items.

I find myself now needing to sell off the majority of my collection, as I do not display any longer and need the money for other events in my life. And this is not an easy decision for me, but it is the right 1.

Feel free to contact me directly if you like "FireorIce1 @ verizon.net" and who knows, I may have that "Passion" item you want.

enchanted_belle

Now the question is: What do you guys collect or want to collect?

Anything Beauty and the Beast related! :ROFLOL:I have always been a huge fan of the movie, and have started to collect some of the "grown up figurines" that are out there now. I have a Snowbabies with Belle, a bunch of Jim Shore, and a few Lenox pieces... my family has been giving me them every holiday as presents, it's great! :xmas:

I also do Belle and Jasmine pins both, which I started back when they first rolled out the pin trading (my oldest pin dates back to '99 actually).

WDW2010

Original Poster
Anything Beauty and the Beast related! :ROFLOL:I have always been a huge fan of the movie, and have started to collect some of the "grown up figurines" that are out there now. I have a Snowbabies with Belle, a bunch of Jim Shore, and a few Lenox pieces... my family has been giving me them every holiday as presents, it's great! :xmas:

I also do Belle and Jasmine pins both, which I started back when they first rolled out the pin trading (my oldest pin dates back to '99 actually).

My girlfriend LOVES Beauty and the Beast. I love to collect the dated pins, and some others too that I really like I will purchase and if I buy myself a pin I better have a Belle pin somewhere for her :lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We collect snowglobes, big figures, pins and various lithographs, cells, etc. With the exception of pins we have not added too much lately to anything but pins simply because we are nearly out of display room.

Pioneer Hall

I have a lot of pins (resorts are my main collection).

I pick up some other things here and there but don't have any other set collection...just get what I like when it strikes me right.

Sosai X

I collect Disney cast member nametags and badges. I have over 450. You can see them all at the link in my sig.

lilclerk

Books! I have a bunch of Disney books. I've also started collecting, I guess, the attraction posters from the Print On Demand kiosks. I only have two, though, the kiosks were gone on my last couple of trips.

WDW2010

Original Poster
Books! I have a bunch of Disney books. I've also started collecting, I guess, the attraction posters from the Print On Demand kiosks. I only have two, though, the kiosks were gone on my last couple of trips.

I love to read books about WDW, it's really amazing how this world we all love works. I've collect probably 20 pins right now, personally I'd like to sell the majority of them now to stick to just dated pins. They're all great neat pins but to buy all the ones I want I think I would go broke :ROFLOL:

MattyDrums

Other than pins I'd say WDCC is my favorite thing to collect but its expensive. I have over 30 figures right now but its a mixture of ones that I really like and ones I can afford. Ebay is the best way to find them but some of them get REALLY expensive, like in the $1000's range. I try to stick in the less than $100 range myself.

Also I just pick up anything I find interesting. Especially Muppet stuff :D

sueuk

We collect pictures and sculptures mostly - we get one 'big' thing to take home each visit. There are pics on my home page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom