Rude Cast Member

SusanAnne

Original Poster
I had made reservations for the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise for our last night at Disney (Friday), however when I checked in at the Contempory, they said that I was a no show and I gave them my ressie # and the girl who booked my trip (over phone), booked me for the prior Friday (4th), well I tried to explain that made no sense because I was still in Michigan, besides I had my confirmation number etc. They claimed my money was refunded to my account, although it didn't show in my bank yet, which is odd because they told me when I booked it if I didn't cancell within 48 hours I would lose all of my money which was $ 230.00. The guy I spoke with at the Contempory (concerige) was extremely rude and said it wasn't his problem and he can't do anything to help me, and he said well if we can fit you in on tonights cruise will you take it? My reply is do I have to pay again, being I was still out $230.00 and his reply well yes, I said sir, I have spent a week in Disney and I just can't afford to re-pay another $230.00, his reply, I'm sorry if you didn't budget accordingly!! By this time I was very upset, he put me on the phone with some woman who was just as rude as he was saying, we can't help you. I tried to explain to them, why would I book a cruise for a night that we were still in Michigan???? Besides I had gone thru my other reservations that week so there is no way possible I told her wrong. I told both of them, that we had been going to Disney for the past 15 years staying at nice resorts spending lots of money, but they would not budge.
The sad thing is, we had eaten at the Yacht club earlier in the week and my husband found a piece of glass in his fruit from the buffet, he calmy told the waitress and said we didn't want free food, he just wanted it off the buffet because a small child that we noticed was eating the same food. Disney was great, paid for the meal etc.

However, these people were so mean and cold.
Is there a number where I can call or write, I was very upset, the guy we spoke to at the desk, constantly would get on the phone and walk away while discussing our situation so we could not hear him, this was very un-professional, we didn't want anything other than some compassion.
Any advice would be helpful.

One thing I did do, was when we left there very upset, we went to the MK and I went over by town hall to compliment our tour guide Claire who did a wonderful job at our Keys tour, so I tried to end our vacation on a wonderful note, but it does not excuse the rude behavior that we as well as others standing there noticed ( we had people standing in line listening and agreeing with us)

Computer Magic

Sorry to hear this and it really stinks when things like this go wrong, especially on vacation. I would have charged the $230 and went on the cruise. Then upon returning home, dispute the charge. Once home, work with Disney to fix the problem. I'm sure you would have recieved your money back.

njdan

cast menber

sorry to hear that happened
any time we have travelled to disney if there have been any problems all have been handled quickly and efficently by the cast members
but there are always exceptions
good luck im sure disney will straighten it out

minniemickeyfan

sorry you had to go through that, seems like they should have done something more on the spot to fix the problem

Also, I think Claire is a wonderful CM too

Computer Magic

While I hate to suggest this - as with any merchant, it's best to use a CC to pay for this sort of thing - then use the CC Challenge route.
I have to ask why you hate to suggest this? Isn't this what the credit card challenge is designed to do? Now the other side is it is the OP responsibility to make sure the CM scheduled the correct date. Before I get flamed, I am on the OP side and believe the OP should get the money back. My point is below:

This is why I take a print out from the online ressies system with me.
Yes, you cannot assume in this day of age that people are competent (even at Disney). Seems people make so many mistakes in this day of age. So you need to print receipts and review what was ordered. I take every confirmation number for my ADR. Sadly, you can't assume people get it right. I little extra work before you leave can save a bad scene at Disney.

SusanAnne

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I will be using that email address and hopefully someone will respond.

Honestly I think the worse part was that they didn't care and were so flippant about it.

All we really wanted was some compassion.

I begged them to give me someone to talk to in person, all I got was the cast member at the Contemporary taking the phone and walking away so I couldn't hear the conversation, tho I did read lip language pretty well.

I do have first names of each person I spoke with and some of the names were rather unique, I even had him spell it out for me.

I will keep you all posted.....

Thanks again

britlightyear

I wonder if you had the same cm at the Contemporary that we had our problems with. I don't remember his name but during our trip in 2010 we had several issues with our hotel room and tried to speak with the concierge about it and he acted like he couldn't have cared less. You would think with someone paying almost $600/night to stay at a hotel they would be more willing to help... He was very rude and I was happy to see that we didn't come across him during our trip 2 months ago.
This being said, every other cm at the Contemporary has been wonderful which is half the reason we stay there every year.

smk

I had an issue at POP once, I was just looking for directions to the Vistors Bureau, by the Convention Center so I could go pick up the park tickets we bought thru our convention site. I think his issues was with the fact we bought thru the bureau and not from Disney. I was in town for meetings and my company was paying for me to be there for the meetings so I bought the tickets offered for after 2 PM. It made the most $ense to me to pay for the time I was at the parks. I wasn't looking for his approval, just directions. He did not supply them. I had to call the bureau and get directions from them, not a problem really but it did leave a bad taste.

mp2bill

It's always unfortunate when you encounter a bad CM at WDW. Since most of them are very good at what they do, it always makes those who are bad at what they do stick out as very bad. Hopefully everything gets resolved and doesn't allow this to sour you on WDW.

SusanAnne

Original Poster
I did email Disney so hopefully I will hear something soon.

I fully believe in giving compliments to cast members who do their work above and beyond, but I also believe that a cast member who is rude and unwilling to listen or show concern should be held accountable.

Like I said, I have names if Disney really wants them.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I did email Disney so hopefully I will hear something soon.

I fully believe in giving compliments to cast members who do their work above and beyond, but I also believe that a cast member who is rude and unwilling to listen or show concern should be held accountable.

Like I said, I have names if Disney really wants them.

You should have included them with the original email.....

cowanfamily

Sometimes people on the other side become numb to the feelings of the guests. It is still unacceptable whether you are at Disney or an off site resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom