Extreme Closer Look at Fantasyland Expansion

gamedude

Original Poster
Closer Look at Fantasyland Expansion

This is credit to PUBLIÉ PAR ALAIN LITTAYE À L'ADRESSE who zoomed in on these at such great quality.
ALL Pictures Copyright to Disney
newfantasylandsmall.jpg

Of course the zooming helps to see in details some decor elements like Belle's Village..

bellevillage.jpg

...and Gaston's fountain that you can also see in this other rendering...

fountain.jpg

...but also to discover that Beast Castle - and the rocks around it - is designed to look partly covered by (fake) snow!

beastcastle.jpg

A zoom on the Circus/Dumbo area provide a closer look on the Circus land entrance...

circus.jpg

...and show how close the two Dumbo carousels will be... But of course enough walking space in between

dumbo.jpg

...but also reveal something interesting, i.e the Circus themed "splash" zone to have some fun in the sun.

circussplash.jpg

Even more interesting are details of the seven dwarfs mine coaster. If you look closely to the rendering, not only you'll see better the dwarfs cottage but also you can have a better idea of the coaster train design which will look like elongated seven dwarfs mine wagons.

mineride2.jpg

And more zooming on the same part of the artwork reveal the shining multicolored diamonds that guests will see in the mine.

mineride.jpg

In the WDW press release from last week we could read that "The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs..." and may be you're wondering where will be located these animated figures? Well, the most interesting detail of this seven dwarfs mine coaster gives partly the answer with this outside scene with the seven dwarfs "coming back home", standing on a big tree trunk. The coaster train will go of course under the trunk and there is no doubt that the seven dwarfs figures will be partly animated in this scene...

mineride3.jpg

Again Credit to DisneyandMore
Copyright all pictures to Disney

What do you think about these close ups?

jdrork

Thank you for this. It will be really interesting to see how much forced perspective they do with Beasts castle and if they will use scaled vegetation. Do we know of any other case where they used scaled trees to enhance the perspective?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Awesome close ups. One thing that may not happen is the dwarfs outside being AA's. They may be stationary figures , but I don't see Disney doing outside AA's in Florida that consist of much given exposure to elements.

NYwdwfan

It's definitely cool to get a closer look - just remember - and I can't recall who said it - the concept art is a loose interpretation of what is being built and will not necessarily be duplicated spot on. Thanks for sharing! Makes for fun dissection of the ride elements, in any case.

djkidkaz

Awesome close ups. One thing that may not happen is the dwarfs outside being AA's. They may be stationary figures , but I don't see Disney doing outside AA's in Florida that consist of much given exposure to elements.

They have the AA Indians outside at magic kingdom (which you see from the train ) which seem to have no problem so I'm sure they could give the dwarfs some small movements.

jt04

Changed my mind

OK, something dawned on me and coincidentally I found this thread at the same time. I thought removing the Chateau (even without the M&G inside) was a terrible mistake. But the new artwork reflects the fact that the dwarf mountain will allow for the 'distant' Mermaid architecture to be visible. It is quite possible this will create a very effective forced perspective environment that has never been realized before in a Disney park. The new 'overlook' over Carsland at DCA and this may take the entire science of forced perspective to an entirely new level. Passport to Dreams hinted at this kind of thing coming to the MK a couple years ago and it seems she is not only talented but also prophetic.

tnemgif

^^^^^
Most disturbing WDWMagic.com statement ever.
I thought the same thing, but didn't want to say anything in fear of making it worse...

But thanks for the post! Although I'm sure we can expect things to change, this shed a lot of light onto what we can expect!
I am very curious about the snow on the Beast's Castle though... Seems a little strange.

TDF

After thinking about it I think i'm starting to like the FLE. Will I when I see it who knows but at first I was against it; now i'm starting to like it. :shrug:

WDW FTW

Thank you for this. It will be really interesting to see how much forced perspective they do with Beasts castle and if they will use scaled vegetation. Do we know of any other case where they used scaled trees to enhance the perspective?

Hahaha not exactly sure if you were being rhetorical with this question, so ill just answer it normally.

The trees behind of Dinosaur at AK arent actually behind the ride, they are tilted/scaled on the roof so that it appears as if the building doesnt stretch back very far, which of course helps give readers a feeling as if they had to have gone back in time because theres no way that ride could fit in the short building.

Again sorry if you werent really asking :animwink: but theres a little tidbit of info for everyone else.

Thanks for posting!!! Those details are incredible, and while it is only concept art, it certainly promotes good feelings about what the final products will be like. The themeing is brilliant!

jt04

Hahaha not exactly sure if you were being rhetorical with this question, so ill just answer it normally.

The trees behind of Dinosaur at AK arent actually behind the ride, they are tilted/scaled on the roof so that it appears as if the building doesnt stretch back very far, which of course helps give readers a feeling as if they had to have gone back in time because theres no way that ride could fit in the short building.

Again sorry if you werent really asking :animwink: but theres a little tidbit of info for everyone else.

Plus your avatar would be another example.

IWant2GoNow

Thanks so much for posting these zoomed pictures! You have no idea how many times I've been an inch away from my screen on the overall picture, squinting trying to catch anything we may have missed. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom