Tinker Bell Meet n Greet at DHS

drew81

Original Poster
The new Tinker Bell meet n greet at DHS is scheduled to open February 15th 2011. It won't be going to the old Prince Caspian location. It will be at the old Lilo and Stitch location.

S

stphnbogert

The new Tinker Bell meet n greet at DHS is scheduled to open February 15th 2011. It won't be going to the old Prince Caspian location. It will be at the old Lilo and Stitch location.

Thanks for the info....Where is the old Lilo and Stitch location?

WDW-Crazy

Why are they moving her over to Hollywood Studios? Why don't they just keep her at Magic Kingdom and just put her in a different area.

trentino

When Lilo and Stitch originally debuted (2002) they were in the queue area for the Animation tour I believe. This is where all the meets were for the characters from the current big release (I remember the characters from Atlantis were also there). I could see them using this area again since it has a sizable queue area. I can't imagine her being in front of the hat because the attention it would draw and lineups that would develop.

RAXIP

When Lilo and Stitch originally debuted (2002) they were in the queue area for the Animation tour I believe. This is where all the meets were for the characters from the current big release (I remember the characters from Atlantis were also there). I could see them using this area again since it has a sizable queue area. I can't imagine her being in front of the hat because the attention it would draw and lineups that would develop.
This is correct.

Why doesn't she just move to Camp Minnie Mickey? Could use the old Pocahontas location for a bit and have all the fairies their. Theme it off Fawn the Animal Fairy.

Marceline_Dream

Drew or Raxip,

Will Tink still be at the studios, but the other Fairies at Epcot? Or did these plans change?

Going to be down there end of February and my niece is wanting to find Tink.

Thanks!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Drew or Raxip,

Will Tink still be at the studios, but the other Farieis at Epcot? Or did these plans change?

Thanks!

Not Drew or Raxip, but I'm pretty sure the other fairies are going to be featured prominently in this year's Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

RAXIP

Drew or Raxip,

Will Tink still be at the studios, but the other Fairies at Epcot? Or did these plans change?

Thanks!

Tink and friends will be together at Epcot starting this Saturday.

The thing that I've been wondering is how the fairies are going to talk. With the current meet n' greet set up, the only reason the faires can talk is because you shrink down to their size in Pixie Hollow.
Theoretically, if the new meet n' greet isn't themed right, then how are the guests supposed to talk with their fave faires? Or am I just over thinking this?

disnyfan89

The thing that I've been wondering is how the fairies are going to talk. With the current meet n' greet set up, the only reason the faires can talk is because you shrink down to their size in Pixie Hollow.
Theoretically, if the new meet n' greet isn't themed right, then how are the guests supposed to talk with their fave faires? Or am I just over thinking this?
Bigger issue would be why are there giant fairies me thinks?

Neverland

Where exactly is that area? I can't visualize it.

lebeau

We saw Lilo and Stitch there in 2003. Please allow for a rambling story...

We were Disney newbies and had no idea who L&S were. We were on our honeymoon in Sept and the parks were empty. This was before Disney started offering all kinds of off-season incentives and tourism was still down from 9/11. Anyway, we saw blue footprints/paws and figured they would lead to some kind of ride (we were similarly disappointed by the hat being a pin store). Next thing we knew, we were in a big empty room with Lilo and Stitch and a photographer. They insisted on taking a bunch of pictures and hugging us. We didn't buy the pictures, but I imagine they were of L&S hugging a very confused looking and somehwat uncomfortable couple.

When we got home, I watched "Lilo and Stitch" and liked it quite well. After that, I kind of wished I had bought the pictures.

Tink313

L&s meet and great was outside of the animation building. Instead of making a right to enter the building you make a left and follow the path, at the end of the path was the M&G

hansel1

On january 25th our keys to the kingdom tour guide mentioned that a new "home" for the fairies hasn't yet been determined, since they recently decided not to move forward with pixie hollow at MK. All the fairies will be in epcot during flower and garden. Some of the higher ups had their doubts that characters based off direct to dvd movies would be a sustainable draw plus pixie hollow was going to be out of place in the new fantasy land.

Rumor has it that discussions were made about moving them into Snow White instead of princesses, but princesses won out.

I don't know what to think, except that the fairies are pretty popular even for direct to dvd characters. I hope they get their own land. And without starting a flame war, the tom sawyer area could be rethemed perfectly to a peter pan slash tink and fairies area.

mm52200

On january 25th our keys to the kingdom tour guide mentioned that a new "home" for the fairies hasn't yet been determined, since they recently decided not to move forward with pixie hollow at MK. All the fairies will be in epcot during flower and garden. Some of the higher ups had their doubts that characters based off direct to dvd movies would be a sustainable draw plus pixie hollow was going to be out of place in the new fantasy land.

Rumor has it that discussions were made about moving them into Snow White instead of princesses, but princesses won out.

I don't know what to think, except that the fairies are pretty popular even for direct to dvd characters. I hope they get their own land. And without starting a flame war, the tom sawyer area could be rethemed perfectly to a peter pan slash tink and fairies area.

Oh yes a Peter Pan/Pixie Hollow area would make perfect sense in Frontierland ;) I understand what you mean but I think the characters are really only popular to warrant a meet and greet if that. From what I've gathered I don't think Tink's other fairy friends have been as successful merchandise and money wise as they wanted them to be. So we're lucky that they're still making an effort to put them somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom