Cinderella Castle projections

askmike1

This one is a it different than the other incessant b*tching about change because a lot of people have seen the videos on youtube of the projections. Obviously we're all rather divided on this, so agree to disagree and put down the pitchforks?
We've seen a 30 second test video. Let me point out the three mistakes in trusting completely in that....
  1. "30 Second"
  2. "Test"
  3. "Video"

DisneyJoe

excerpted from the September 23 press release, emphasis mine:

"Beginning in January 2011, some Disney parks guests will find that the memory they just made has become a larger-than-life image during a “Let the Memories Begin” nighttime experience.

At Walt Disney World Resort, the guest photos will be projected on the soaring spires of Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom. At Disneyland Resort, the iconic facade of “it’s a small world” will be the canvas for the show.

In both locations, Disney PhotoPass photographers will capture guests caught up in the Disney experience – a memory in the making – and as many as 500 photos will be used in each location every day, producers estimate.

The nighttime show will use the latest in high-intensity projection technology to create vivid visuals that seem to defy the architecture of the building. A new song commissioned for the show will provide an emotional context for these images of the Disney guest experience."

Sounds like it will be its own show, set to a new song. I don't see it lasting more than Wishes itself, which I believe is 12 minutes...

redddallas

That would be your loss. Why do you condemn what you know nothing about?

I know plenty about it. It has projections of people on the castle. A pretty castle isnt good enough? We need to make it a giant video screen? I've got a tv at home. And I don't want to watch a powepoint of a strangers vacation.

redddallas

excerpted from the September 23 press release, emphasis mine:

Sounds like it will be its own show, set to a new song. I don't see it lasting more than Wishes itself, which I believe is 12 minutes...

Great, I can handle that. I thought this was going to be a whole night thing aside from wishes. Huge sigh of relief, thanks.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know plenty about it. It has projections of people on the castle. A pretty castle isnt good enough? We need to make it a giant video screen? I've got a tv at home. And I don't want to watch a powepoint of a strangers vacation.

Where did you get that notion? From what people here are saying? :lol: This is quickly becoming an urban legend perpetuated by the internet. There was a 30 second test video that did include some people shots. That was a TEST...Overall this should be a really cool effect. Don't worry about the people shots.

The technology of this will far surpass any tv that you have at home.

This will be a must see. Would you skip World of Color because you have seen a fountain before?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Where did you get that notion? From what people here are saying? :lol: This is quickly becoming an urban legend perpetuated by the internet. There was a 30 second test video that did include some people shots. That was a TEST...Overall this should be a really cool effect. Don't worry about the people shots.

This will be a must see. Would you skip World of Color because you have seen a fountain before?

Or, considering these projections will probably be held at the same time every night, how about simply skipping them altogether, instead of acting like it's a nightmare scenario for you? :shrug:

I don't understand why people have such a problem with this already. Hopefully stuff will be covered and don't knock it until you've seen it. Glass Half Full For The Love Of God!

Alison1975

I can't wait to see it in August.. My kids will love the chance of seeing themselves up there..

and seriously it amuses me that change = grumbling and no change = grumbling on the various WDW message boards.. :ROFLOL:

ryno1982

It says right in the press release that the whole point of the show is that people's photos are being projected onto the castle. It's not just some urban legend perpetuated by the internet. Regardless of how it turns out, if the concept sounds stupid to someone, they have every right to not want to see it, just as you would not go see a movie if you thought the commercials looked dumb.

askmike1

Agreed 100%.

Remember the cynacism people had about WoC and TSMM? Same folks are back again. And the never admit when they are wrong. :brick:
And it certainly isn't restricted to just those. It's about every little thing that happens. Remember the amount of cynicism before AI premeried and people thought it would be filled with crappy tourist karaoke singers (when in fact it is a well-liked show that has great singers every day)? Or when Everest was still being built and people were complaining about the unthemed back (when by the time it opened the back was completely themed to an Asian village)?

"Fear of the unknown.
They are afraid of new ideas.
They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious."

A pretty castle isnt good enough? We need to make it a giant video screen?
A pretty castle isn't good enough? We need to add thousands of sparkling icicle lights to it? Oh wait, everyone loved that change. Pretty fountains aren't enough? We need to choreograph them to lights, music and other effects? Oh wait, that is loved as well. Pooh's normal queue wasn't enough? They needed to make all those changes to it? Loved again.

Great, I can handle that. I thought this was going to be a whole night thing aside from wishes. Huge sigh of relief, thanks.
Whoa, don't go admitting you don't know everything about it...

askmike1

It says right in the press release that the whole point of the show is that people's photos are being projected onto the castle. It's not just some urban legend perpetuated by the internet. Regardless of how it turns out, if the concept sounds stupid to someone, they have every right to not want to see it, just as you would not go see a movie if you thought the commercials looked dumb.
Yes, you have the right not to see it, but not to say the entire movie is dumb if you've just seen the trailer.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I won't disagree with your logic, but to summarily dismiss this (as has already been done) as a glorified PowerPoint presentation of someone's vacation is a GROSS INJUSTICE.

The Urban Legend reference was simply that a lot of people are jumping on the hatred bandwagon when they have no idea what all is involved with this. This will be fascinating to watch...wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom