Character news

drew81

Original Poster
Remember these are rumors:

-Phineas and Ferb are getting their own location next to Cars.
-The old Prince Caspian meet n greet location will have a new meet n greet located in it. No word yet on who this will be.
-Lotso will be leaving probably in the spring and Winnie the Pooh will be moving there for the new movie.
-Jessie and Woody are getting a new backdrop location in Frontierland.

S

stphnbogert

Sweet. Why would they do Winnie The Pooh? They meet at the Hat, MK and AK. They should bring back the characters from UP! I missed them =( I'm excited (but not holding my breath) for Prince Caspian meet and greet changed. If you don't mind, whats your source for all this? Not trying to debunk this or anything. I'm just curious =D

britlightyear

Sweet. Why would they do Winnie The Pooh? They meet at the Hat, MK and AK. They should bring back the characters from UP! I missed them =( I'm excited (but not holding my breath) for Prince Caspian meet and greet changed. If you don't mind, whats your source for all this? Not trying to debunk this or anything. I'm just curious =D

I agree, there is definitely too much Winnie the Pooh around WDW. Now if only they could have Phineas and Ferb ready in 45 days...:rolleyes:

JustInTime

OP is always right on point with the findings. I am sure Pooh is coming because Pixar's Annual movie, Cars 2, will not fit into the building. It would be nice to see the Pooh characters get a facelift. Much like what they did with Smee. THey could use it. Has anyone else felt like the colors on the Pooh characters are just too vibrant?

lazyboy97o

Winnie the Pooh is the company's biggest franchise with a new theatrical film hitting this summer. That's why it is getting even more space.

S

stphnbogert

then why not do ALL the winnie the pooh characters in prince caspian. that way you reintroduce kanga, roo, owl and all those other creatures. (but not christopher robin, he scares me) lol.

elchippo

I've wondered for years if there are any websites out there that document the "evolution" of the meet-n-greet characters-face mold, design, etc., and maybe even a timeline of when characters have gone through the changes. Obviously we have mentioned Smee just got a facelift (and I remember Hook getting one several years back), and I'm curious about such things as when Mad Hatter became a face character, etc. Does anyone know if such a site exists?

JustInTime

then why not do ALL the winnie the pooh characters in prince caspian. that way you reintroduce kanga, roo, owl and all those other creatures. (but not christopher robin, he scares me) lol.

Because the attraction inside is not what is getting replaced. It's just the outside Caspian M&G that is changing. Which I do see as a sign of things to come...

I am fine with a Pooh M&G as long as it brings something new to the table. And I am sure the new movie will include a new character. Look at it as Toy Story meet and greets are everywhere, yet Lostso M&G made sense. A new character would be great.

P.S. I wonder if the updates that were recently done to the MK ride are for new additions for after the movie comes out. Hmmm

lazyboy97o

I am fine with a Pooh M&G as long as it brings something new to the table. And I am sure the new movie will include a new character.
The new film is based on not-yet-animatred original stories by Milne. While Disney did add Gopher, I doubt they would do that again. People like the "classic" characters that they know and have not been receptive to the new characters Disney has tried to introduce over the past few years.

JustInTime

The new film is based on not-yet-animatred original stories by Milne. While Disney did add Gopher, I doubt they would do that again. People like the "classic" characters that they know and have not been receptive to the new characters Disney has tried to introduce over the past few years.

Well, it's just a rumor that I had heard. Ya never know...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I didn't mind Gopher's inclusion so much because of his constant, self-deprecating references to not being in the book ("I'm not in the book, you know!"). I found it amusing.

yensid67

A little off subject of OP, but do you think they will ever incorporate the talking heads into ALL characters? The first time I saw Mickey's mouth moving and conversing with a guest, it kind of scared me a little bit, but I got use to it! I think it enhances the guests experience! I really think Walt would have done this to the characters since everyting is so technical.
Wonder what the PARKS would be like if Walt were still alive? Wonder if he would approve of the things they are ding to them?

P.S.
Now I am being philisophical! LOL!

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
OP is always right on point with the findings. I am sure Pooh is coming because Pixar's Annual movie, Cars 2, will not fit into the building. It would be nice to see the Pooh characters get a facelift. Much like what they did with Smee. THey could use it. Has anyone else felt like the colors on the Pooh characters are just too vibrant?

Winnie the Pooh characters got facelifts in the early 1990s and the late 1990s...Rabbit followed a bit late in 2006. The only one who hasn't gotten anything in years is Tigger, who needs to be toned down in color and get the eyebrows and pink nose he deserves. Those are in the Disney Live shows.

ncstate7991

Remember these are rumors:

-Phineas and Ferb are getting their own location next to Cars.
-The old Prince Caspian meet n greet location will have a new meet n greet located in it. No word yet on who this will be.
-Lotso will be leaving probably in the spring and Winnie the Pooh will be moving their for the new movie.
-Jessie and Woody are getting a new backdrop location in Frontierland.

Do Jesse and Woody already have a meet and greet somewhere in Frontierland? My daughter loves TS and we are going back in March, so wondering if it will be ready by then, and if not do they have a M&G already? Thank you!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Do Jesse and Woody already have a meet and greet somewhere in Frontierland? My daughter loves TS and we are going back in March, so wondering if it will be ready by then, and if not do they have a M&G already? Thank you!

They meet and greet in Frontierland, right where the parades exit the park. However, they don't have a backdrop at the moment. The current "backdrop" is either trees or the side of Splash Mountain, depending which way you face.

JimboJones123

I've wondered for years if there are any websites out there that document the "evolution" of the meet-n-greet characters-face mold, design, etc., and maybe even a timeline of when characters have gone through the changes. Obviously we have mentioned Smee just got a facelift (and I remember Hook getting one several years back), and I'm curious about such things as when Mad Hatter became a face character, etc. Does anyone know if such a site exists?

I always thought gender swapping Peter Pan was interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom