Corral Placement/Proof of Time

Ariel484

Original Poster
I am running the Princess Half with my brother :king:...we both ran a 10-miler in April, and I am thinking that even though we (okay, I) was not blazing fast, it would probably be good to submit our times and hopefully move up in corral placement (as I understand it no poof of time = automatic placement in the last corral). So here are my questions...

1. Should we submit our times? <--I'm 99% sure we should but was wondering what everyone else thinks since neither of us has run a Disney race before, and
2. My brother finished that race (the 10-miler) about 22 minutes ahead of me :eek::eek::eek: so if we submit our times and he is placed in a higher corral, he can move back to mine so that we can run together, but not the other way around...is the right?

Does this sound like a good plan?

THANKS! :D

Phonedave

I am running the Princess Half with my brother :king:...we both ran a 10-miler in April, and I am thinking that even though we (okay, I) was not blazing fast, it would probably be good to submit our times and hopefully move up in corral placement (as I understand it no poof of time = automatic placement in the last corral). So here are my questions...

1. Should we submit our times? <--I'm 99% sure we should but was wondering what everyone else thinks since neither of us has run a Disney race before, and
2. My brother finished that race (the 10-miler) about 22 minutes ahead of me :eek::eek::eek: so if we submit our times and he is placed in a higher corral, he can move back to mine so that we can run together, but not the other way around...is the right?

Does this sound like a good plan?

THANKS! :D

Yes, he can move back if he so wishes.

You should go ahead and submit your times.

I did not submit a time for the W&D half and they put me in Corrall C. I am not sure how that works. I figured I would be stuck in D.

-dave

Wilt Dasney

I have my own questions generally in line with this. Does Disney automatically place anyone who submits a time that doesn't require proof (5:00 for the WDW full, 2:45 for the half) in the last corral? Or do they break up those groups by estimated time, even though all of them are over the estimated time that requires proof?

I guess it's hard for me to see people estimating their times at 5 hours starting in the same corral as someone who estimates they'll need 7 hours to finish, even though anything over 5 hours is outside of the proof of time requirement.

Phonedave

I have my own questions generally in line with this. Does Disney automatically place anyone who submits a time that doesn't require proof (5:00 for the WDW full, 2:45 for the half) in the last corral? Or do they break up those groups by estimated time, even though all of them are over the estimated time that requires proof?

I guess it's hard for me to see people estimating their times at 5 hours starting in the same corral as someone who estimates they'll need 7 hours to finish, even though anything over 5 hours is outside of the proof of time requirement.

I forget what I estimated my time for the half as, but I had no proof and I was in Corral C (as opposed to D)

-dave

fmingo36

For the Princess 1/2 Marathon this past March, my best friend and I submitted the same estimated time(neither of us had run a race before so we had no official time). I was placed in corral C and she was placed in corral D.

Ariel484

Original Poster
Hmm, very interesting. I think we'll definitely submit our times and see what happens. Sounds like it's a total crapshoot and we could end up in the same corral anyway...??? :veryconfu

dreamfinder

Submitting your time never hurts. You can always drop back if you want.

Regarding people ending up in C for the Wine & Dine, I would wager they expected a certain number of people in each corral out of the 10,000 total runners. So they waited until their final submission date, and then took all the times they had and split them up into the size chunks they needed. So say they were planning on say 2000 in A, 2000 in B, 2000 in C, and the remainder in D. But they only got 5,500 times submitted. So instead of only cramming an extra 500 in D, they took the first 500 to register, or maybe the first 500 alphabetically, or maybe the first 500 who had made 10 or more trips to WDW into corral C, and then put the rest in D.

mraphael

Here's my question then.
How strick is Disney with Corral placement? I want to run the Full with my friend, but I know in years past they have split the corrals so that the racers didn't even meet until like mile 3. So what if she is in the Red group and I'm in the Blue group? Are there Corral "Police" out there making sure you are supposed to be where you are supposed to be?

dreamfinder

Here's my question then.
How strick is Disney with Corral placement? I want to run the Full with my friend, but I know in years past they have split the corrals so that the racers didn't even meet until like mile 3. So what if she is in the Red group and I'm in the Blue group? Are there Corral "Police" out there making sure you are supposed to be where you are supposed to be?

There are. You may be able to sneak by, but don't count on it. For example, the Wine & Dine had me in Corral A. I had to show my bib when leaving the general meeting area (A&B had one gate, C&D were elsewhere), and then again to actually try to get into corral A. The same applies at the regular full. However, you will see people that sneak in. I have seen people hop fences, cut through 5 foot high bushes, as well as just walk right past the people checking bibs.

However, for the full, Red and Blue are a strange beast. They put the elites in front of the slower runners, with the faster runners on the other course, and then they all jam back in at mile 3. So the faster slow runners (for lack of a better term) will end up intermixing with the slower fast runners. Cause at mile 3, lots of people are still trying to get into their stride. Disney has no problems with you dropping back in the corrals, so you should in theory be able to drop from one course to the other. It is all about trying to minimize congestion and having to weave around slower runners.

If you are both projecting similar finish times, then you should be on the same course, if not the same corral. The issue should really only arise is you are both right about 4:30, as the split for Blue/Red is usually just about that point. If you are both after that, then you should be on the same course, and have no problems dropping back if one if one of you is in a faster corral.

Ariel484

Original Poster
This whole process is very mysterious to me. I emailed my 10-miler time in yesterday, so we'll see what happens in February. :shrug:

WishIwasThere

YEAH!!!
I sent an email...got the address from one of these posts...and gave them my completion time information for the 1/2 marathon I ran a couple weeks ago. They sent me a acknoledgement and gave me a new expected completion time (slightly faster than the 1/2 marathon finishing time)...guess that means I'm in a corral now.:sohappy:

Ariel484

Original Poster
YEAH!!!
I sent an email...got the address from one of these posts...and gave them my completion time information for the 1/2 marathon I ran a couple weeks ago. They sent me a acknoledgement and gave me a new expected completion time (slightly faster than the 1/2 marathon finishing time)...guess that means I'm in a corral now.:sohappy:

Same here! I got the response this morning and was SHOCKED that someone actually wrote back to me. :eek: I knew they would update my time but I was not expecting a personal response! Now the hard part is going to be getting my brother to remember to email in his time...:hammer:

WishIwasThere

Same here! I got the response this morning and was SHOCKED that someone actually wrote back to me. :eek: I knew they would update my time but I was not expecting a personal response! Now the hard part is going to be getting my brother to remember to email in his time...:hammer:

Yeah...congrats. Doesn't that make you sigh in relief to know you have a place reserved just for you in a sea of people.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom