New Shots over the wall (August 26)

FutureWorld1982

Original Poster
Here you are some new pictures from Fantasyland, with some minor but interesting details:

2h730is.jpg

2uj14ap.jpg

5f15j4.jpg

j6k6yw.jpg

2r5aznq.jpg

282hy79.jpg

More pictures can be found here: http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2010/08/fantasyland-expansion-new-pics.html

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thank you very much!
On a side note, there's still the DVC booth on the last picture...
i think they will reuse it for the Dumbo area.

The one in the tent theme? Yeah, probably so. They have to maintain the presence of their "best kept secret" after all....

jt04

Quick observations.

They sure are digging up a lot of ground where the mill is depicted in the artwork! :lookaroun

You can really see just how dry rotted the circus tents are. Darn. :lol:

The project seems to be moving slower or even stopped in sections. I guess this would add to the possibilities they are reconsidering some stuff :shrug:

I'm thinking that little circus tent shade thingy was added just for us here.
Funny, very funny. :hammer::lol:

Oh, and the elves continue to grow those little stick plants and they have begun to spread like weeds.

miles1

Does anyone know if they're working overnight on this? I would think that heavy equipment would cause quite a bit of noise during park hours.

Mr. Spock

This is just sad what did it take like a year to build all of DL and it is going to take them something like 3-4 years just to complete this.

IWant2GoNow

Nice pics, Samuele! Keep 'em coming!

Also, is that the stork from Dumbo flying over the tents in the 3rd pic? :lookaroun

I'm beginning to think that a lot of Dirt Mountain will be laid on top of this supposed mine cart ride. Not all of it, but just enough to grow some grass and maybe some small trees on? The rest will probably be spread around here and there.

Looks also like the "Enchanted Tales with Belle" spot may be cleared enough pretty soon to start going vertical. But I'm not sure how the construction processes go with these things. Just taking a wild guess.

Everything looks good and I bet by the end of the year we'll be seeing a lot of vertical. :sohappy:

montyz81

Is this Irony? I was listening to Subsonic Radio and just as I opened these pictures, the 20k ride through music started.

mp2bill

Quick observations.

They sure are digging up a lot of ground where the mill is depicted in the artwork! :lookaroun

The project seems to be moving slower or even stopped in sections. I guess this would add to the possibilities they are reconsidering some stuff :shrug:

Agreed. Picture 3 looks the same as 2 weeks ago, but 4 and 5 look like work's moving along nicely.

mp2bill

This is just sad what did it take like a year to build all of DL and it is going to take them something like 3-4 years just to complete this.

There are a couple of problems with this question. Yes, the size and scope of building Disneyland in 1954 was larger than the FLE, however, they didn't have to build around existing park hours. A blank slate is always easier to use than having to demolish and then build.

Also, don't kid yourself that what's in DL now was finished being built in 1955...and I'm not even including DCA. Among other attractions, the Matterhorn and Monorail system weren't built until 1959.

Yeah, a lot was done very quickly at DL in 1954. I'm just saying that you shouldn't be confused as to how much was actually finished by the opening of DL in 1955.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom