New Shots over the wall August 14th

cbconglom

Original Poster
many many more at the site
http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2010/08/fantasyland-expansion-update-from-above.html#more

98tzlx.jpg

jt04

Well first of all great photos. There is now no denying that the "line of sticks" protruding from the ground that I made a big deal of last week is definitely new construction. You can clearly see the added rebar and forms. Plenty of steel too so they should also be going in soon. I still believe this is the chateau. So the only thing we have not confirmed is Aurora's mill house.

PS- all of you who doubted me last week (and you know who you are) can.................... oh nevermind, it's getting redundant. :cool:

Atomicmickey

Thanks for the pics! It's good to see work going on, even as they adjust and improve the plans . . . . .

They're going to have to hollow out that pile of dirt to put the new dark ride inside there, though.:lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Well first of all great photos. There is now no denying that the "line of sticks" protruding from the ground that I made a big deal of last week is definitely new construction. You can clearly see the added rebar and forms. Plenty of steel too so they should also be going in soon. I still believe this is the chateau. So the only thing we have not confirmed is Aurora's mill house.

PS- all of you who doubted me last week (and you know who you are) can.................... oh nevermind, it's getting redundant. :cool:
Really?
I still don't see what you're talking about.
I see a pile of rebar and some random steel...not any actual foundation work. I DO see a portion of the Mermaid structure.

Horizons1

Somebody's high on himself. Congrats! You might of won an argument on the internet. That amounts to nothing in reality! Yay, you!

Anyways, thanks for the pictures.

hpyhnt 1000

Really?
I see a pile of rebar and some random steel...not any actual foundation work. I DO see a portion of the Mermaid structure.

And I thought it was just me. Where are these 'sticks'? :veryconfu

Kiff

I'm afraid I still don't see it. I have no doubt the chateau or some other modified meet and greet location will end up there but I just don't see what you're talking about. How about a modified pic with some nice arrows and circles. :)

mp2bill

Really?

What? How can anybody tell what anything is? Too me, it's a huge pile of dirt, some rebar, some angle iron, 2 dumpsters, some things for underground utilities (not sure what they're actually called), and then some other random yellow things. Where are the portions of the Mermaid structure or parts of the chateau?

Why don't we wait until something goes vertical before we start conjecturing?

jt04

Really?

Somebody's high on himself. Congrats! You might of won an argument on the internet. That amounts to nothing in reality! Yay, you!

Anyways, thanks for the pictures.

And I thought it was just me. Where are these 'sticks'? :veryconfu

I'm afraid I still don't see it. I have no doubt the chateau or some other modified meet and greet location will end up there but I just don't see what you're talking about. How about a modified pic with some nice arrows and circles. :)

You can't really see them in the single pic but you can't mistake them if you go to the website as there are some close-ups. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to draw some arrows as I'm sure we have a few folks around here with 20/20 vision.

And Lee, yes I guess you can see a small edge of Mermaid construction way back there by the tents but 95% of LM is behind Dirt Mountain.

jt04

jt04, you profess to know a lot. Do you have sources in the parks or imagineering?

Not one. I just spend a lot of time reviewing the forums and reading between the lines. Plus engineering experience and over a hundred trips to WDW.

That is how I know, for instance, that the big pile of dirt is called Dirt Mountain by some on the inside. It just has to be. :)

SeaCastle

You can't really see them in the single pic but you can't mistake them if you go to the website as there are some close-ups. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to draw some arrows as I'm sure we have a few folks around here with 20/20 vision.

And Lee, yes I guess you can see a small edge of Mermaid construction way back there by the tents but 95% of LM is behind Dirt Mountain.

Just went to the doctor's office four days ago and it was confirmed I have 20/20 vision. I don't see squat. Insteaad of spending so much time defending yourr mirage, how about you draw some arrows? You certainly seem to have enough spare time doing so. :shrug:

jt04

Just went to the doctor's office four days ago and it was confirmed I have 20/20 vision. I don't see squat. Insteaad of spending so much time defending yourr mirage, how about you draw some arrows? You certainly seem to have enough spare time doing so. :shrug:

If only. I only post here in my spare moments.:dazzle:

I'm confident someone with the tools and the time will do so. It is obvious the photographer was focusing on these new installations. Perhaps you are expecting walls or something more obvious. These are just rebar footers for sidewalks or retaining walls most likely. Most of it would be underground. It is subtle but they are there.

jt04

Sorry for interrupting the discussion, but are these the sticks you are talking about?:

2e4ixjq.jpg

(First no need to hesitate to interrupt, the more contibutors the better.)

No that is just rebar.

The area is between where they have been pouring cement and the big piles of rebar near the pre-fabed forms. I think the problem is most of it has been buried and they appear to be purposefully blocking the view. I think I can see it easier because I know the spot. Plus all the standing water does not help. Perhaps by next week it will be clearer. I also noticed some other areas of construction since last time. Behind and to the left of the white truck (what could that be?) and maybe, just maybe where Aurora's mill is going. Not positive about that though. :shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Anything left of the white pickup has to be B&tB related.
Still don't see the other stuff you're talking about.
Is it in that photo above, or over towards TTF?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom