Wonders of Life???

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
The Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot, I heard a rumor (like a while back) that Microsoft may be taking it. The part I highly think will not happen is that they said they would have the pavilion up by 2012. I know for one thing that that's too short of time from now, and they're already working on alot of things (Art resort, Star Tours, Fantasyland, ect..) Sooo.... what deh heck is going on with that poor abandoned Festival Center??? :mad:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Rumor for now. Have a look at the other threads about the pavilion that pop up every few months.

Rest assured, if anything concrete appears (no pun intended) you`ll read about it here.

wolf359

The Microsoft rumor has been floating around for a while, but nothing concrete has followed to back it up. I certainly hope someone is interested in sponsoring Wonders of Life, because with all of the other steps forward EPCOT has been making it's a shame an entire pavilion sits closed.

As for timing, it is certainly possible it could be back up in 2012. I think it all depends on how soon a new sponsor comes onboard, how much money they choose to throw into the project, and how radical an overhaul is planned.

Based on previous pavilion changes I'm sure we'll know about the new sponsor and that something is going to happen long before anything actually gets started.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Unfortunately for guests - right now it's making good money from private corporate events. Don't expect to see anything happen here in the short term at least.

raven

Is body wars going to be operated by Vista? That may make it a thrill ride... hahahaha

The only action I've seen in that area lately is Reedy Creek training some K9 units outdoors because it's an unpopulated area.

wbc

Is the rumour Microsoft the company or the Bill Gates Foundation?

Bill Gates Foundation pushes for health.

wbc

WOL is the new Odyssey. Which makes me curious...does the Odyssey get used less nowadays because of WOL?

I've personally seen it used once in the last decade.

Maybe the use isn't so open, I dunno. I never see anyone go in, and I never see anyone go out.

It really is a convenient place for food. Perhaps the execs felt that it was taking away revenue from the east side of the world showcase restaurants. :shrug:

Is it used in the after hours?

WOL is the new Odyssey. Which makes me curious...does the Odyssey get used less nowadays because of WOL?

I don't know. I'm guessing probably not because they cater to different crowds. The WoL seems like it would be more for the larger groups while the Odyssey is seems more for the "fancy" groups. I'm probably wrong, but that's my guess. :confused:

Captain Hank

Odyssey is actually used quite a lot. It's most frequently used for the Grand Gatherings IllumiNations Dessert Party. It's also used for many smaller corporate events that don't need the size of World ShowPlace or Wonders of Life.

themoose

My guess is that Microsoft will stay a rumor due to the HP sponsorship right next door. Can't imagine two big time computer companies in the same park.

raven

Actually the odyssey gets used at least twice a week if not more. I've seen the monthly schedules posted on the sound booth door upstairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom