Ticket Prices going up on August 5th.

timeman

Original Poster

Lisalyn

Didn't they only do a $1/ticket hike the last time they hiked the prices? I wonder what constituted a $3/ticket hike?

Any ideas? Other then the obvious of course LOL

PhilharMagician

Didn't they only do a $1/ticket hike the last time they hiked the prices? I wonder what constituted a $3/ticket hike?

Any ideas? Other then the obvious of course LOL

Last year (09') inflation was basically held to 0% which of course justifies and increase :rolleyes: this year we are gaining a few percent so we go for the $3 increase. Yeah that make sense to me if the money was going in and not out of my pockets.

Grizzly Hall 71

I mean these ticket hikes aren't stopping people because the attendance went up from 17 million at MK to 17.2 million. So hey whatever floats their boat. Just hope they use extra money to invest in something worthwhile.

Computer Magic

I mean these ticket hikes aren't stopping people because the attendance went up from 17 million at MK to 17.2 million. So hey whatever floats their boat. Just hope they use extra money to invest in something worthwhile.
The profit wasn't the same. Deep discounts to get people into the parks. Also, I wonder how much people are spending in the parks. I know my money in the parks has decreased and I only go when discounts are offered.

At this rate a one day ticket will be $100 by 2020. Next price hike will be parking to $20. At some point the will price out a most of there off site guest.

MushuManiacs

R U Kidding.... This is pure greed. I love the quote in the Slantinel "Guest surveys say blah, blah, blah" and now there is an increase. My DW and I are teachers and have had FL Res Seasonal passes for 5 years. If I remember correctly they hovered around $200-$220 in 2005. Over 5 years they have jumped 25%. We have stayed at every resort except one over the last five years and we will complete the list by staying at the Ploy in December. WE ARE DONE with WDW. I know some people will say that it is only a few dollars, but I think we all need to step back and look at the big picture. The reality is the prices have increased and the value has decreased IMHO: food, park maintenance, ride maintenance, show offerings, ect… If I hear about another “queue refurb I think I might explode. Is this what the $1,000,000,000 NEXT GEN is all about?

Sorry for the rant. It is just after four years of no raises or steps, multiple furloughs, increased health insurance and the constant threatening drumbeat of "JUST BE GLAD YOU HAVE A JOB" as they increase your workload the nickle and dime-ing from Disney is the pink icing on the birthday cake castle.

hrcollectibles

I think the reason theme parks raise the price of tickets across the board is They want you to enjoy the parks for more than one day.So even though the prices have gone up the price per day the more days you stay is still a pretty reasonable amount of money.The price of everything has gone up. Why is it people seem to freak out when a theme park raises its price...

the-reason14

I think the reason theme parks raise the price of tickets across the board is They want you to enjoy the parks for more than one day.So even though the prices have gone up the price per day the more days you stay is still a pretty reasonable amount of money.The price of everything has gone up. Why is it people seem to freak out when a theme park raises its price...

It probably has more to do with people here feel like if they're going to raise the price for tickets, then they should also raise the bar when it comes to upkeep and new rides/shows/attractions.

MarkTwain

It probably has more to do with people here feel like if they're going to raise the price for tickets, then they should also raise the bar when it comes to upkeep and new rides/shows/attractions.

Exactly. What has WDW added to their permanent line-up of attractions since they last raised the prices this time last year?

I can certainly think of some things they removed...

3188244358_accd065838.jpg

TinkerBelle8878

Maybe its just me but considering this latest hike and the amount of rides/attractions that will be down for construction and reduced capacities, at what point will the guests go and ask for a refund? The price only justifies everything being up, running, and ready to be ridden on.

Add to that the new Table Service restaurants as opposed to less expensive options to the guests with counter service, its going to get extremely pricey. I still don't get why the new pizza place wouldn't be counter service. And turning Tomorrowland Terrace into Table Service? It makes absolutely no sense. The only CS over there is Ray's and that's always mobbed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom