Disney Wonder dry dock???

jbarteau

Original Poster
hi all

My wife and I were on the disney wonder this weekend and a cast member said that it would be going to dry dock before it big move to Long Beach for the Alaska and Mexico run. It does look like it could use some fresh paint, new carpet inside and new bath titles.

Has anyone else heard this.

Figment1986

I did not hear that, I will ask about it on my cruise next month.

It could happen sicne magic had the last dry dock, and Wonder needs to get fitted with the new TVs and upgrades for the pacific ocean. (though it probably will get scratched going through the canal like the magic did those few times...)

elle72688

The Wonder was just in dry dock last fall and is not scheduled for another dry dock until 2011. The Magic is scheduled for a dry dock this fall after coming back from Europe.

MarkTwain

hi all

My wife and I were on the disney wonder this weekend and a cast member said that it would be going to dry dock before it big move to Long Beach for the Alaska and Mexico run. It does look like it could use some fresh paint, new carpet inside and new bath titles.

Has anyone else heard this.

Sounds plausible to me. From what I've heard, the hull of the ships are going to receive some sort of coating or special treatment that will prepare them for the icy waters of Alaska. Remember that they were custom-built for the Caribbean. :animwink:

GOT2SAMMIES

The Wonder was just in dry dock last fall and is not scheduled for another dry dock until 2011. The Magic is scheduled for a dry dock this fall after coming back from Europe.

YES, it was in dry dock in sept/oct right here in good ol Portsmouth Va. When a ship is in drydock we can see it from our office. You have no idea how bad I wanted to jump on board and go!! I think the Magic gets to "dock" here as well. I will be looking forward to it!:wave:

lightboy

This is INCORRECT. Not sure what ship you saw, but it wasn't the Wonder. The Wonder had a dry-dock session in October 2009 in Freeport, Bahamas. It did not go to Norfolk this time. It will not go to dry-dock again until 2011.

Plenty of people have noticed the work they've done to the top deck, as they've enclosed a bit (that was previously open-air) to provide more indoor viewing of beautiful Alaska.

Bluewaves

Alot of the cruise ships are getting their hulls repainted, there are new paints with Silicone in them that make the barnacles hate them and they are slicker through the water and get better gas mileage so to speak. I saw that the recently re did the Queen Mary 2 and she is only a few years old and her paint was supposed to last 20 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom