MI2 Greenlighted! DHS Coaster Too?

KevinFlynn

Quite simply funding. Epcot would never be built in this day and age because of the overwhelming initial investment risks. 'Risk has become too risky' in the days of over-regulation, phony lawsuits and government interference in all aspects of business. So everything needs to be calculated and carefully strategized. One thing I agree with you on though, that damages creativity. Be glad that Epcot and DAK exists because they would never happen in the US in this day and age. Thank Eisner because he was visionary in expanding to 4 parks.

If that's the way WDI and WDC feel, I feel truly sorry for the future customers of WDW. They will truly lose out on all the terrific adventures I had in the parks when I was a kid. When it was about the guests being on an adventure, rather than watching characters on an adventure.

It's a shame.

_Scar

The MI coaster has been creeping along at a snails pace anyway the fact that a sequel was announced has nothing to do with it.

It's all about pushing the franchise like Iger has said. It's really quite simple and it has quite a lot to do with the new film.

Cars -> Carsland
Toy Story-> TSMM, TS:TM, TSPL

AKA

Franchise is the new death of creativity.

It still takes creativity to make a new movie with a new storyline...

There's no coincidence that some of the best and most recognized films are parts of franchises.

jt04

Original Poster
If that's the way WDI and WDC feel, I feel truly sorry for the future customers of WDW. They will truly lose out on all the terrific adventures I had in the parks when I was a kid. When it was about the guests being on an adventure, rather than watching characters on an adventure.

It's a shame.

It's not just the WDC. It's almost every company in the US. Even cutting edge companies like Apple are being stiffled by outside forces. We are shooting ourselves in the foot in this country in the name of progress while other nations are unshackling their creative and technological capacities. :brick:

KevinFlynn

There's no coincidence that some of the best and most recognized films are parts of franchises.

Most recognized? Maybe.

Best? Heck no. There's maybe 2 movies that I would consider anywhere near great that are sequels of original (aka not based off of something) movies: Aliens and Empire Strikes Back.

KevinFlynn

It's not just the WDC. It's almost every company in the US. Even cutting edge companies like Apple are being stiffled by outside forces. We are shooting ourselves in the foot in this country in the name of progress while other nations are unshackling their creative and technological capacities. :brick:

I agree. I was just talking about this specific subject.

Figment632

It's all about pushing the franchise like Iger has said. It's really quite simple and it has quite a lot to do with the new film.

Cars -> Carsland
Toy Story-> TSMM, TS:TM, TSPL

Nothing what soever to do with the new films Carsland was announced well before the sequel to Cars I'm sorry you and JT are tying to make a connection where there in none.

_Scar

Most recognized? Maybe.

Best? Heck no. There's maybe 2 movies that I would consider anywhere near great that are sequels of original (aka not based off of something) movies: Aliens and Empire Strikes Back.

Well, in general the movies together are looked at as the best.

Toy Story and Toy Story 2 are considered both flawless movies- the 3rd will probably be too. :lol:

PhilharMagician

Work is not being done. There are plans that may be moving along slowly but no work has started. It would be an indoor small coaster next to TSM.

Yes, it was talked about the MI coaster going in sound stage 1. I was under the impression that some site and prep work was done inside the sound stage and the project was then put on indefinte hold over a year ago.

WDC seems to be opening it's wallet a little more lately, so with MI2 happening I can see the expansion of Pixar Place and the addition of the MI coaster.

Figment632

Yes, it was talked about the MI coaster going in sound stage 1. I was under the impression that some site and prep work was done inside the sound stage and the project was then put on indefinte hold over a year ago.

WDC seems to be opening it's wallet a little more lately, so with MI2 happening I can see the expansion of Pixar Place and the addition of the MI coaster.

Very little but all my sources say it is far from dead and creeping along.

_Scar

Nothing what soever to do with the new films Carsland was announced well before the sequel to Cars I'm sorry you and JT are tying to make a connection where there in none.

You really don't think John L knew they were going to be making a Cars sequel and he would just push a 100 million dollar + project for a film that will most likely be forgotten?

Yup, that makes complete sense.

Figment632

You really don't think John L knew they were going to be making a Cars sequel and he would just push a 100 million dollar + project for a film that will most likely be forgotten?

Yup, that makes complete sense.

You are right it does DCA was an embarrasment to the company and CArs is extremly popular the secon film had nothing to do with it the plans were done before the movie was announced.

_Scar

You are right it does DCA was an embarrasment to the company and CArs is extremly popular the secon film had nothing to do with it the plans were done before the movie was announced.

Yup because Pixar has no idea they're doing Cars 2 before it's officially announced. :brick:

Buried20KLeague

TDO has little if any say on the big decisions. We are so far past that era and way of doing business. If I were guessing, I'd say the SM refurb and the Stitch Stage marked the end of the line for the old business model at WDW. All Imagineering roads now lead to Glendale. At least the major decisions.

Welcome to the future.

:rolleyes:

And you know this how?? Because the FL expansion came from above? All that means is that this one issue was seen in a different light between TDO and Glendale. Nothing more.

I wondered how long it was going to take before we saw something outragous from you again. Welcome back. Slow at work for you too??

Edit to add: I love how your tune has COMPLETELY changed on the SM refurb. You were singing its praises (and TDO's as well) for MONTHS before the refurb.

KevinFlynn

Oi...since when are films with no sequels forgotten?

Walt really should have thought about that before he built castles and rides for films without sequels.:brick:

There's one reason, and one reason only why Cars 2 is being made: Merchandising. "Where the real money from the movie is made!"

yogurt.jpg

the-reason14

Great news about Monsters Inc 2
BUT i would love to see Incredibles 2 also. :)

Same here, although the first movie is not a timeless one like toy story. But I think the ending had a good setup for a sequal, MI does too I guess. I'm anxious to see how that one plays out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom