The Imagineer 2--R2, Project 8

MaterA113

Original Poster
Project 8: Mickey Mouse Summer House

Back at H.Q…

Mater: Alright everyone, is everyone excited for the next challenge? I sure am; today we’re getting our project from none other than Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

(Doors open… nothing happens… silence…)

Mater: What’s going on…?

(Ring - ring! Ring – ring!)

Bamsk8er49: I’ll get it…

(He picks up the phone…)

Bamsk8er49: Yeah… right… yeah… okay.

(Gets off the phone)

Bamsk8er49: It was Mickey… he’s signing foreclosure papers… He can’t come.

TrevorA: It’s happening to everyone these days…

Disneyson 1: What a shame.

Hack2112: It’s too bad that the portal to the Toontown Fair is being closed down…

Bamsk8er49: Do you think that he’ll ever come back to the Magic Kingdom without a home?

Mater: I wish there was some way we could help him…

(Door opens)

Sid: Hey youse guys!

(Sid [that director from the first part of the game, remember?] walks into the room with a shiny new coat, a big suitcase in one hand and a kickline dancer in the other.)

Sid: Remember me? I just wanted to come over here and say thanks for the restaurant in person. Ya see, the movie made a LOT of money…

Mater: Oh yeah, I heard about it! What was it called again?

Sid: Dine Another Day.

Mater: Oh, yeah!

TrevorA: I saw it. It was okay, I guess.

Sid: And so I had enough moolah to buy out those Studios!

Mater: …you… BOUGHT Hollywood Studios…?

Bamsk8er49: This day just gets better and better…

Sid: Yeah! So if you wanted something I could fix you up with whatever you want.

Mater: Well, we kinda wanted to find someplace that Mickey could live during his vacations to Walt Disney World, so…

Sid: The Hollywood Studios! There’s no better place for a big-time-mouse like him to live!

Mater: So you’re okay with that?

Sid: Sure, anything for my friends!

Disneyson: Are you sure you’re REALLY Sid? You’re, like, sort of nice now!

(hack2112 bonks Disneyson in the head)

Disneyson: OWWW!!!! Now I have to watch out for YOU TOO???

Mater: So I guess it up you, Imagineers, to design a great place for Mickey to live during his vacations. Remember, he’s the BIG CHEESE. Make this a great place for Mickey to relax and make sure to have a “autograph room” so that he can please his fans. Being Mickey isn’t easy, you know. So you can basically make it anything, there’s hardly any restrictions!

CHALLENGE: Create a place for Mickey to vacation to in Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Criteria:
- Something MORE than your typical Meet and Greet

Due: Saturday April 10th 8pm EST!

Mater: Ready everyone? We’re starting the clock!

Sid: Good luck, you guys! I want this mouse to be amazed!
-----------
REMINDER: I need your new team leaders!

mewhunter67

I wanted to ask real quick, as my team gets somewhat underway with our ideas;

is the focus only on mickey whatsoever? I know the requirement is to have a location for mickey mouse, but whats the say on others? i mean, other famous toons will be misplaced as well ;)

basically, if we go forward with any of our current ideas (which focus on more than mickey, but he's definitely included and most likely forefront) will we possibly be penalized, or will it be allowed (alot like last round, like the brainstormers' idea wasn't technically a dark ride, etc).

thanks, just wanted to get clarification :wave:

MaterA113

Original Poster
The project is due TONITE at 8pm EST!

Im just letting you know that Trevor will open the publicvote.

And the winner wont beannounced until tmrw, as im going out tonite, and wont be back till late.

Jasonflz

Our project is fully done! I think it turned out nicely, great job Goofy's Barnstormers. :)

Here it is.

Mickey's Trailer:

Story:
Everyone knows that movie stars get special treatment on the set, and the most recognizable movie star in the world is no different. Mickey Mouse is known world over for having one of the coolest and most interesting trailers of any working actor in Hollywood. Designed by a crack team of engineers, artists, and rumor has it a fairy or two, Mickey's trailer is truly a home away from home for the head of the house of mouse.

Parked right off to the side of the set of his newest movie, Steamboat Willie 2: Pete's Revenge, Mickey has decided to open his trailer up to the public for tours, while the writers pause production to go over the "artistic differences" between the director and the head of the studio.

Guests will be invited to tour the set of Mickey's latest feature (which bears a striking resemblance to the original film, and then tour the stars trailer. Inside quests will soon realize why a little magic was needed in the construction as the trailer itself is several times larger than it appears from the outside.

Layout:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/picture.p...ictureid=13452

Office-Desk,Awards
Bedroom-Bed,Some Clothes. Props and other items. Also has bathroom.
Wardrobe-Large closet
Kitchen/Living Room-Kitchen with chef,couch and furniture.
Pluto-
Inside-Dog bed,food.
Outside-Dog house,toys.

Description:
  1. Office- In Mickey's Office, you get to see his achievments over the years. The room is lined with many awards from the Studio's very own Chinese Theater (also including best cartoon award). In the center of the room is a cartoonish looking desk. Sitting on the desk is a script for "Steamboat Willie 2: Pete's Revenge" as well a scale model of the ship itself. A poster for the Steamboat Willie sequel hangs on the wall.
  2. Bedroom- As guests enter the bedroom, they will immediately notice how massive it truly is. A wide bed takes up the center of the room. On the left wall is a massive bookcase containing some of Mickey's favorite props including; his sorceror hat, Fantasmic sword, spell book, gloves, props from the first Steamboat Willie, some additional props from the second Steamboat Willie, and more. A picture of Minnie sits on the bedside reading table. (close observers will notice the pamphlet on the reading table that is actually a brochure from the opening of Disneyland) In the wardrobe are a few of Mickey's outfits, some appearing from the earlier cartoons. There is a colorful bathroom through another door where guests can play with "jumping fountain sinks" similar to Imagination.
  3. Kitchen/Living Room- The kitchen area is fairly large as well. Guests can enter the fridge at the beginning of the kitchen and walk through a series of hidden corridors made of "cheese" until reaching the freezer, which is right next to the fridge. The kitchen even has it's own personal chef behind the counter, who serves up sample cheeses for guests if they are waiting to see the big cheese himself. The living room is pretty large. Inside are a colorful rug, a big screen T.V., a couch, and a chair. On the walls are pictures of Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto together.
  4. Pluto's House- Even a superstar's dog deserves special treatment. Pluto's doghouse is massive, with colorful lights and designs running around it. Fun dog toys also litter the ground. Inside is Pluto's bed, complete with an SUV sized bone, food bowl with doggie kibble, and his bed. Everything has Pluto's name on it. A coat rack is at the entrance with all of Pluto's collars hanging off. Pictures of the whole family also are there.
  5. Steamboat- Straight off the set of Steamboat Willie 2: Pete's Revenge is the boat itself, which guests have the oppurtunity to explore. 3 levels of interactive games entertain guests while they wait for Mickey himself.
Meet-N-Greet:
Mickey would be available in two sections, though not both simultaneously. Occasionally Mickey would take time out from paperwork to sign autographs and take pictures in his office. This would allow guests to feel like they're getting to talk to the big cheese head of the company. Secondly, Mickey will go out from time to time for tests shots in his original Black and White Costume, and guests will be able to get a shot of themselves with Mickey, right on the Steamboat.

Sign:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/album.php?albumid=859&pictureid=13453

Steamboat Willie 2: Pete's Revenge:
Many posters and even a glimpse at a script let guests see the imaginary film and what it would be like. The plot is that a jealous Pete steals Steamboat Willie, planning to become famous with Steamboat Pete. Fortunately Mickey and his friends manage to meet Steamboat Willie's cousin, Steamboat Bill. Soon, they are off on a whirl-wind adventure which concludes with them rescuing Steamboat Willie from Pete and celebrating together.

Pictures:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/album.php...ictureid=13445
That's the outside of the trailer, style at least.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/album.php...ictureid=13444
Everyone knows what the front looks like, here is the backside of the set piece.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/album.php...ictureid=13443
This is Walt's Office, which would be the starting point for designing Mickey's.

Chrononymous

MICKEY'S HOLLYWOOD HIDEAWAY

Within the circle of the Animation Courtyard, sits a new theater building, reminiscent of the Roxy theater, where Steamboat Willie first premiered.

On it's art deco facade can be seen the marquee and large banners proclaiming this is Mickey's Hollywood Hideaway, where you can meet the Star himself, and see his apartments above the theater!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/album.php?albumid=979&pictureid=13454

The PRESHOW

Entering the queue,which acts as a kind of preshow, you wind your way through a large round room of the theatre, which is showing Mickey's cartoon classics in a 360 degree format.

Six giant screens surround the walls above your head, showcasing six cartoons, that play soundlessly and simultaneously to a jazzy cartoony soundtrack.

The six features are
Steamboat Willie
Plane Crazy
The Band Concert
Lonesome Ghosts
Brave Little Tailor
Symphony Hour

As you make your way through the queue, about halfway around the room, a door opens and a CM is there to lead small groups into the backstage area.

MICKEY'S HIDEAWAY

Here, we find a series of ramps that lead up and around to Mickey's apartments which are on the second floor.

Small groups at a time are allowed to wander past the Star's living quarters, which are filled with props and treasures from his cartoon career.

The first room is the Living room area, viewed from the hall, which is decorated in an art nouveau toon style. Early movie posters, autographed photos and memorabilia line the walls...except that all the decor...from the couch to the Tiffany lamp...is done in shades of black white and gray just like the black and white cartoons that led to the Mouse's stardom.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/album.php?albumid=979&pictureid=13455

The colorful Bedroom area showcases Mickey's comfy bed, and guests can enter to take a quick look around. The bed itself is covered in a bouncy springy mattress, which is fun for guests to sit and bounce on.
Under the bed, are the star's signature yellow shoes can be seen.

If a guest should peek into his dresser drawer, they will find one of Pluto's collars, extra pairs of white gloves, and a pair of his old fashioned pants sporting bright buttons.(all non removable of course!)

Mickey's small kitchenette has a light switch that can turn the little overhead lamp on and off. The wall clock resembles a giant Mickey Mouse watch, and Mickey's morning coffee mug can be seen on the counter, which elicits a wonderful coffee aroma.

ANIMATOR'S MAGICAL MEET and GREET

Coming back down the ramps, you can either exit the corridor back outside into the park, or continue back into the round theatre queue one more time.

The queue continues around until you are at the final cartoon screen which is at ground level. this screen plays the last Mickey cartoon...the Runaway Brain, and the screen is actually made of mist with the cartoon projected onto it.
Entering the mist, you are greeted by a Cast member who directs you to a room (one of several)to meet Mickey's personal animator...and to get a chance to meet Mickey as well!

THE SHOW

Animator: Hey folks! I'm -insert name-, Mickey's Personal Animator, and welcome to Mickey's Animation Studio! I'm really sorry, but Mickey couldn't make it today. He must've had some really important stuff to do. You know, he is one of the biggest stars in the world.

So, I guess I'll just show you guys an animation demonstration! Now who should I draw. Stitch? No. How about Donald? Nah. Maybe.... I know! I'll draw the leader of the club himself, Mickey Mouse!

The animator starts to "draw" Mickey (which is actually being projected onto the piece of paper from a hidden overhead projector) then realizes:

Aww, you know what? I forgot my special pen! I'll be right back.

As he gets up, he spills a jar labeled "Pixie Dust" onto the piece of paper. He leaves the room, not noticing. Suddenly, the picture of Mickey comes alive right before the guests (via projection), and says:

Mickey: Hiya folks, and welcome to my animation studio! Oh my gosh, I'm missing a (shoe, glove, ear, tail)! Would someone like to draw it for me!

The Mickey drawing looks around the room.

Mickey: Hey! How about you! Come on up here and draw it!

Mickey points to the selected guest, and he/she draws Mickey's missing body part, using a special technology in the pencil linked to the projector.

Mickey:Thanks a bunch! Wait, one more thing...

Mickey shakes the newly drawn body part, and it becomes perfect.

Mickey:Alright! Say, I can't talk to all of you from here! I gotta get out of this drawing! There's only one way to do it. Everybody, repeat after me: Meeska! Mousska! Mickey Mouse!

Guests and Mickey: Meeska! Mousska! Mickey Mouse!

Mickey: Again!

Guests and Mickey
: Meeska! Mousska! Mickey Mouse!

The drawing disappears on the piece of paper. Suddenly, a cloud of smoke appears on the right side of the room. A costumed actor portraying Mickey Mouse enters the room through the hidden door, concealed by the smoke. He begins to take pictures, sign autographs, shake hands, etc. with the guests. Since there are groups of only 10 or so, this shouldn't be a challenge for the actor to accomplish alone. Just in case, a handler, cleverly disguised as a guest. Once everyone has met Mickey, footsteps and the whistling of "Hi-Ho" are heard. The animator is returning. Quickly, Mickey tries to figure out a way to get back into the picture. The disguised handler shouts:

Tourist Handler: I think we should try saying the magic words backwards! Everyone say: Akseem! Akssuom! Yekcim Esuom!

Guests and Handler
: Akseem! Akssuom! Yekcim Esuom!

Another cloud of smoke appears, and the costumed actor returns through the hidden door, just as the animator returns.

Animator: Hey, I'm back! Jeez, it's a little smokey in here! Lady, didn't you hear the rules? NO SMOKING! Just kidding. Hey, who finished the drawing?

The selected guest raises their hand.

Animator:Wow, this is great! You have some real promise. Anyway, I guess that wraps up the demonstration.... Wait! I didn't sign the picture! Let me get my lucky pencil, I'll be right back!

The animator leaves the room. The Mickey drawing comes to life again.

Mickey: Thank you all for visiting me! The exit is right through those doors. To open them, say: Open Sesame!

Guests and Mickey: Open Sesame!

The doors fly open, controlled by a hidden CM.

Mickey: See ya real soon!

Mickey winks at the guests and the drawing disappears, as the guests leave the room, and exit the corridor of the building.

MaterA113

Original Poster
I have Trevor and Disneysons votes i need Bam and Hack (i THINK hack told me he wont be able to do this one, but we'll see)

I havent made a decision yet. (WIll read them tmrw morning and decide)

Brainstormers i need a bottom two.

TrevorA and I will be able to decide the eliminee tmrw.. :)

Tazer19

Mater/Trevor - Feel free to delete if you don't wan't outside feedback in the main thread.

Some thoughts as an outsider, no bias towards any former teammates :)

Goofy's Brainstormers:

Overall, I like the detail and think this would really work as an ramped up meet and greet. It fits perfectly in DHS. The Steamboat set is a great addition to the trailer. I like that you can go more than once and see Mickey in different environments. My only downfall, and it's big, is that it doesn't fit the idea of a 'vacation' spot for Mickey. While it may be a home away from home, I doubt that even the poshest trailer is a true vacation for a movie star.

C&D:

You hit the vacation spot that Goofy B's missed. I like the idea of playing previous movies to keep the guests entertained while they wait. It's a great way to share some classics with the generations that may have missed them or may never be exposed to them. However I'm really confused with the section before the meet and greet. Maybe I'm just misreading, but after you come out of the kitchen you can either go back to the park or back to the queue... but at some point the mist screen shows up? If I error on the side of me mis-interpreting, I tihnk the guest load may be a bit tough at times. Once we get into the meet and greet, I'm a bit concerned with the off of paper onto stage idea. Young kids may be REALLY confused as to why they're meeting a real character if he's being drawn just before.

Goofy's Brainstormers had a better overall meet and greet, but I'd have to give my vote to C&D as in my eyes Goofy's Brainstormers missed one of the major components in that it was to be a vacation home.

MaterA113

Original Poster
I still dont haev the majority of information i need.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: (LEADERS AND JUDGES)

YOU HAVE UNTIL 1pm EST TO PM ME YOUR INFORMATION! IF NOT SENT BY THEN, WE WILL JUST GO WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

MaterA113

Original Poster
Its 1, and i still dont have everything.. I REALLY want to give you all the information, BUT if i do i feel like there will be 'moaning' that not all the votes were counted so its not fair... and such.. SO im still waiting...

Also, HACK wont be judging this round, as he had a previous engagement that he wont be home this weekend for.

So this will be just Me, Disneyson, and Trevor and public (and Bam if he gets me his vote)

MaterA113

Original Poster
Using TrevorAs, Disneyson, Public and My vote, congratulations to....

Goofy's Brainstormers for winning!!

That means Chip n Dales Imagineering Rangers you are the loosing team. TrevorA and I will decide which of you will be eliminated. (we have all the information we need, so no need to send out "defend" yourself mailings)

A decision will be made soon.. so stay tuned!

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
By the way, much appreciation to Tazer19. I like that you are helping the teams, and I like that you are being a good sport about the competition. As far as I'm concerned, anybody on the boards can give critiques and comments on the projects; it just won't be official. Just make sure it's constructive, and gives the players something to build on.

---TrevorA

Disneyson 1

Congrats to the winning team! You guys understood the concept of the summer house the best, I think, and really used your surroundings as a springboard for the project.

One of the most unfortunate things about CnD's team is that you guys took what seemed like 2 totally different ideas and smashed them together. It was bland and seemed like a blatant ripoff of DCA's animation exhibit. The house thing seemed like an afterthought, and the Animation portion seemed very contrived and not suited for a high-capacity attraction. Your story had me question where I was at any given time and was exceptionally confusing. Sorry guys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom