Mickey's house isn't staying

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Not sure I really care about toontown disappearing, however the idea of Pixie Hollow certainly does not excite me. Maybe, just maybe we will get something worthwhile in that space?

waltdisney28

OMG! Where am I going to tell my kids that Mickey and Minnie live now? Let's do an internet petition to stop this madness! Disney can't do this! These are their main characters!! WHY DISNEY?! :fork::fork::fork::(
You could tell them that Mickey and Minnie's actual home is at Disneyland in that Toontown, and that the homes at Disney World were just their vacation homes. I remember hearing a story similar to that while I was working in Toontown on the College Program :)

DisneyNut2007

OMG! Where am I going to tell my kids that Mickey and Minnie live now? Let's do an internet petition to stop this madness! Disney can't do this! These are their main characters!! WHY DISNEY?! :fork::fork::fork::(

I really hope you're only being sarcastic.

Mickey and Minnie's permanent homes are at Disneyland in California. At WDW, they're technically "on vacation" or "just visiting".

imagineer boy

You could tell them that Mickey and Minnie's actual home is at Disneyland in that Toontown, and that the homes at Disney World were just their vacation homes. I remember hearing a story similar to that while I was working in Toontown on the College Program :)

Then why do they have exact replicas at TDL? :lol: Seriously, I really wish WDI wouldn't take the stories for the lands and attractions so uber seriously like this. Its unnecessary. We shouldn't miss out on a proper toon town just because of this.

DaGoof00

I would put them in a wonderful new Hollywood-esque Toon Town near the Animation Courtyard. But that's just me, and I'm out my mind.:lookaroun

:lol:

I would love to see this! appropriate - right in the center of their town in "Hollywood"... Oh and I would love a WDW version of roger rabbit, again perfect at hollywood studios!

cdunbar

People read far too much into some vague answers given in interviews.
Yup! I really wish people would get over that, it's becoming SO annoying!:brick:
I would put them in a wonderful new Hollywood-esque Toon Town near the Animation Courtyard. But that's just me, and I'm out my mind.:lookaroun

:lol:
Will not comment on grounds it might incriminate me...:lookaroun
Then why do they have exact replicas at TDL? :lol: Seriously, I really wish WDI wouldn't take the stories for the lands and attractions so uber seriously like this. Its unnecessary. We shouldn't miss out on a proper toon town just because of this.
Well it's their vaci homes because everyone vaci's in Florida!:D

rpk4444

Is there room to move the houses along the path that connects Toontown to Tomorrowland? the one that runs behind the Speedway.

rpk4444

I think that it would be cool to move the houses along that trail. As of now, there is nothing there. Plus, it would also give the people on the train something to look at other than grass.

tony&mistyw

Mickey and Minnie didn't always have house at the Magic Kingdom! I think most children would accept that they live at WDW and leave it at that.

jt04

People read far too much into some vague answers given in interviews.

Deliberately so. Some because it's fun to talk about this stuff, but others to stir up as much trouble as they can. The two camps become more defined by the day on this forum.

Almost everything Mark Cole was asked was answered "It's not decided yet" or "It's not been determined yet" or "I'm not sure I have an answer to that" or "I'm not aware of anything like that being planned"... The man has the makings of a great politician or perhaps Presidential Press Secretary. :lol:

There were no real bombshells and nothing I considered "new" during the Q&A. There was stuff I hadn't been aware of in the actual presentation [re-theming of Barnstormer, details of M&Gs, etc...], but mainly in the way of slightly more detail than was known previously. How much of it other people knew or guessed at beforehand I don't know.

They are learning they have to use "lawyer speak" because of the way information travels these days. It's the new reality. Fortunately I'm skilled at seperating the reality from the fantasy or this place would give me a headache :lol:

:brick: That is really, really disappointing, but that's just me. I was really hoping for some info out of this.

Toontown (originally Mickey's birthdayland) was supposed to be temporary. It was the "The Seas with Nemo" of it's day and many purists hated the tackiness of it's aesthetics. Many still do. They can't bulldoze it fast enough for my liking. The news is and has always been since the FLE was announced, that toontown was history at the MK and an M&M m&g was going to MSUSA. Music to my ears!!!!!!:sohappy:

Horizons1

are you serious? :lookaroun

Mickey and Minnie got along quite nicely at Walt Disney World for decades before Toontown Fair. This isn't armageddon. Get a grip! :lol:

Lol. No, I am not serious people. I do not have kids, I'm only 21. I was simply mocking some posts from some of the FL expansion threads. I assure you, I have a steadfast grip on reality. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom