Where is our Dragon?!?

jtizzle1023

Original Poster
Hey! Why are we not getting a new Fantasmic Dragon? Is it because fantasmic may be on its way out? Im just wondering why we are gettting summer nightastic and we are getting ripped off and not getting our own Murphy!!!!!
:cry:
Any Ideas?

krankenstein

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's why. :shrug:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Isn't he a kind of dragon?

figment.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Personally I hope we keep the DHS dragon. Murphy is too comical. Ours is far more menacing.

There were plans for Orlando to get Murphy. As said, it`s down to money.

MarkTwain

I hope to see the new Fantasmic dragon at WDW as well. I don't get it, Disney is all about cloning, and Disneyland's already gotten all the bugs worked out; it can't be that expensive. :shrug:

SirGoofy

Personally I hope we keep the DHS dragon. Murphy is too comical. Ours is far more menacing.

As much as Murphy looks cool, she's much too small, and not nearly menacing enough.

I'm with Martin on this one. Keep our Dragon, but maybe upgrade it a little.

sponono88

As much as Murphy looks cool, she's much too small, and not nearly menacing enough.

I'm with Martin on this one. Keep our Dragon, but maybe upgrade it a little.

wait, are we talking about the same Murphy dragon from DL's show? Because small and comical are not the words I'd use to describe it :lol: Have you guys seen it in person?

maybe it's just me, but I didn't find the old dragon head-on-a-stick to be menacing at all. At DL it was the weakest part of the show.. When you could clearly see the simple, and cheap-looking, mechanism that moved the head up and down. :shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Have you guys seen it in person?
In six months I will ;)

From what I have seen, DLs did indeed used to look poor but from this I also think Murphy is too cartoon-like. Orlandos still looks the better, plus you can`t make out the mechanism, the wings are wide and well defined and the whole effect of masking the mountain works so well.

I`d still take your new flame thrower though :D

sponono88

In six months I will ;)

From what I have seen, DLs did indeed used to look poor but from this I also think Murphy is too cartoon-like. Orlandos still looks the better, plus you can`t make out the mechanism, the wings are wide and well defined and the whole effect of masking the mountain works so well.

I`d still take your new flame thrower though :D

Yeah, DL's old dragon was sad-looking. You'd be lucky if you saw the effect working properly. Not sure what you mean by cartoon-like, but ok.

She is modeled after a cartoon dragon.. so if she looks a bit cartoon-like it is intended to look that way :shrug:

3922704902_ccc7e3c3e7.jpg

and yes, her new flamethrower is quite impressive!

4240294434_b3df570399.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope. Still dosn`t do it for me. Her wings are too short and stubby. I know it`s based on the animated figure but as a stage spectacle I prefer WDWs. I hope I feel different in September.

Still want your flame thrower though!

MarkTwain

Nope. Still dosn`t do it for me. Her wings are too short and stubby. I know it`s based on the animated figure but as a stage spectacle I prefer WDWs. I hope I feel different in September.

Still want your flame thrower though!

:dazzle:

You think their dragon is the comical one? Ours is a head on a stick! Whereas Disneyland's is an enormous, full-bodied, fire-breathing dragon. It's really quite impressive and menacing.

I was a bit disappointed the first time I saw WDW's dragon - it was much too obscured by mist (clearly to hide its mechanics), and I was expecting a lot more because of all the marketing. But there is nothing disappointing about Disneyland's new dragon.

SirGoofy

:dazzle:

You think their dragon is the comical one? Ours is a head on a stick! Whereas Disneyland's is an enormous, full-bodied, fire-breathing dragon. It's really quite impressive and menacing.

I was a bit disappointed the first time I saw WDW's dragon - it was much too obscured by mist (clearly to hide its mechanics), and I was expecting a lot more because of all the marketing. But there is nothing disappointing about Disneyland's new dragon.

I disagree. WDW's with it huge wings and head is much more menacing. DL's is impressive from a technical standpoint, no doubt, but WDW's is much more...I don't know...scary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom