Has anyone ever died on Tom Sawyer Island...seriously?

wdwaddict71

I don't think anyone has died over there...and I think danger is everywhere..at home, at work. If people avoided situations and places because "maybe" they might get hurt...none of us would ever do anything. You're not even safe in your own house you know.

I hardly think TSI is a death trap.:ROFLOL: And another question..your name wouldn't happen to be Monk, would it?? ;)

BenS

Second, once on the island, I don't understand how any of the tunnels and caves are appropriate. I wondered into one cave, not knowing what I was getting myself into, and felt very uneasy once inside. I understand it's probably fun for kids to explore, HOWEVER, it's not 1971 anymore...and today, unfortunately, we live in a different world. With the recent published stories of ______ offenders getting caught at the Disney water parks, I find it hard to believe something like that couldn't happen over there. It was very dark, and I can only imagine the things that can go on in there. From a safety standpoint, I wouldn't feel safe letting my kids (if I had any) run through there, not knowing what type of person could be hiding inside. Plus, one tunnel smelled so strong of urine I almost vomited.

If a parent is so worried about their kids, they should either not let them into the tunnels, or accompany them. There's no reason to ruin it for people who don't (needlessly) worry.

Also, I've never smelled anything in the tunnels. Must have been "fresh".

Wilt Dasney

I believe a guy drowned in the Rivers of America after hiding on the island, then trying to swim back with his little brother hanging onto his back.

But that's not exactly a recommended way of experiencing the island, so it shouldn't be counted as a strike against it.

MissM

There are cameras in the caves. I know someone who thought it would be a perfect place to have some...er "adult fun time" and they were pretty much immediately approached and removed by security.

There is no more danger in the caves than any other part of WDW.

Kobe!!

I believe a guy drowned in the Rivers of America after hiding on the island, then trying to swim back with his little brother hanging onto his back.

But that's not exactly a recommended way of experiencing the island, so it shouldn't be counted as a strike against it.

Yes, I heard this as well. Apparently it was during one of the graduation night after hours.

_Scar

I was kidding :p

I bet there's some list on the interwebs that shows where and when people died in the parks. Some people are odd like that. lol

DisneyPrincess5

There are cameras in the caves. I know someone who thought it would be a perfect place to have some...er "adult fun time" and they were pretty much immediately approached and removed by security.

:lol: Oh geez..

tiaragirl

Hahhaha epic story. Embarrassing for all parties though, I'd imagine.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
maybe you haven't heard of the darwin awards sak?

As a reader of the scurilous magazine Private Eye I am familiar with these awards.

Infact I seem to recall (without going into full details of why the accident happened) an award going to an American gentleman who suffered an accident in a lumber yard to a body part similar to my moniker and used an industrial staplegun to self repair.

RiversideBunny

If you die at WDW and dont' qualify for Heaven, you get sent to Stitch's Great Escape- Ethereal Version and have to sit through it again and again.

The horror, the horror.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom