Magic Kingdom currently (11:30am) closed to some guests due to capacity

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I guess all of those holiday discounts (and the weather finally clearing up throughout the country) finally caught up to WDW....

The parks weren't too friendly today. Slammed. Too...many...people...

But I'm not complaining, it's not too bad when you go in expecting to fight with the crowds; still can be stressful. I'm at Disney, I still couldn't be happier!

TTATraveler

I have heard around an average of 90,000 - 97,000 people for all four parks...

Whoops, Disney's best-kept secret? :lookaroun

I think if you were to try and squeeze 90,000 into the Animal Kingdom, everyone would be completely immobilized. That number cannot be right.

WDW1974

The numbers have contantly been tinkered with. No park other than EPCOT could begin to handle 90,000 folks (and that park would struggle as so many facilities have been shuttered).

They also need 'wiggle room' when they reach certain phased levels to allow for more guests (resort guests, APers, etc) to have access.

I know I wouldn't want to be at MK, in the state it is in today, with more than 40,000 people. ... And there was a time when you could fit twice that in there with fewer walkways, no Toontown and no Splash Mountain. Not now.

wickedfan07

The numbers have contantly been tinkered with. No park other than EPCOT could begin to handle 90,000 folks (and that park would struggle as so many facilities have been shuttered).

It's a good thing Epcot only hits anything near that number around New Year's then.

I guess Epcot is probably the only park that is anywhere near comfortable today, then. I wonder how DHS is doing, since MK and AK are both turning many people away.

daguru

I'm sure one of the other factors are the two big bowl games being played in Orlando over the next week... I know that all 4 of the teams that are playing usually "travel very well"...

WDW1974

It's a good thing Epcot only hits anything near that number around New Year's then.

I guess Epcot is probably the only park that is anywhere near comfortable today, then. I wonder how DHS is doing, since MK and AK are both turning many people away.

I have spent many NYE's in EPCOT (only park I'd do) and it has never been as uncomfortable as just plain 'busy' days at DL and MK.

EPCOT could easily fit even more folks IF you had facilities like WoL, second floor of Imagination, Odyssey complex, World ShowPlace etc ... open ... and IF they hadn't clogged so much of the WS promenade with ODV carts, Festival leftover shacks and the like.

No park eats people like EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom