Fantasmic MGM

EPCOTPluto

The dragon had a number of issues that caused many delays to the general public. Gears not functioning, the weight on-stage (I think), etc.

While it may be improbable now, I would like to make an educated guess & say perhaps in the future. :D

But see above for extra advice (general disclaimer). :lookaroun

Scar

Well, the technical answer to the question is "no", because MGM does not exist anymore.

:)

However, ther real answer is also probably no, as there are so many issues with it and there really is no good reason to bring it to Orlando at all, IMHO.

_Scar

Well, the technical answer to the question is "no", because MGM does not exist anymore.

:)

However, ther real answer is also probably no, as there are so many issues with it and there really is no good reason to bring it to Orlando at all, IMHO.

Not even to massively improve the quality? Apparently that doesn't matter :lol:

I hope we get it for the 40th or something. They should know what went wrong and be able to do it the right way and faster this time.

nemofinder22

The DHS version needs a bunch of upgrades before they think about updating the dragon. Theres a lot of use of the mist screens at DHS and HD projections would be the least they can do.

Its to bad the DL dragon started off with such a bad rep, it really took away from the other upgrades that stated with Summer Nightastic! from the new croc, the addition of Flotsam and Jetsam, and the HD projectors. To the brand new lighting package in June 08, to the new princess barges. It came together nicely though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxAPjsHg1Ik

ROA is suppose to go down for refurbishment in winter 2010 taking Fantasmic! down with it, you would think this would have been a good time to install the dragon in the first place. It will be good though for the show to get some more refurbishing.

techiegsy

I wish we had the new dragon, but I have to agree, we need a new series of events to prevent us from so much scree watching

"Ok, I get it you can project on water, cool effect, but I wanna see some people!"

hpyhnt 1000

I wish we had the new dragon, but I have to agree, we need a new series of events to prevent us from so much scree watching

"Ok, I get it you can project on water, cool effect, but I wanna see some people!"

Exactly. The screens lose their effect pretty quickly. If there was more live action and pyro, then I might actually watch Fant! more often. :eek:

Disneyson 1

If we do, they'd

1) probably do it in a giant refurb of F! and publicize it like hell, most likely during a large celebration.

2) have to re-imagineer it to come from the MOUNTAIN, not the floor. Then again, that'd probably solve some of DL's structural issues...

techiegsy

Exactly. The screens lose their effect pretty quickly. If there was more live action and pyro, then I might actually watch Fant! more often. :eek:

This raises the question as to why I sat there for a good hour or so, in rain, to see a cancelled show, and ended up seeing the later one....

kcnole

The biggest thing we need are the HD projectors, you can barely see the images on our mist screens. I was bored the last time I saw Fantasmic. That whole show needs an overhaul.

prbiker15

Probably in 2010 we could see a giant refurb..so much stuff that needs to be updated and changed..I'm up for Pirates of the Caribbean scene and new finale pyro and more lasers and smoke machines + many more...

_Scar

Our F! needs something to set us apart from DL's. I hope we get something other than Floatsam and Jetsam and obviously not Tic Toc.

JLW11Hi

Is that supposed to be a positive comment? :lookaroun:lol:

Pocahontas' section sort of lacks compared to Peter Pan's scene.

They really need to replace that Pocahontas scene. Pocahontas is one of the more boring of all the Disney animated features they showcase in Fantasmic. And yet it gets an undeservedly large portion of the show focused around it. What is even stranger is that the whole show revolves around fantasy and imagination. Why are we highlighting the movie that edges towards realism and historic events?

Yay! Where's Mickey's heading now? Off to swim with Ariel, or fly with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell?

Nope, he's witnessing a battle between Native Americans and English settlers. All to the merry tune of a song called "Savages." Yay.

techiegsy

There are many changes they could make to improve this show... In fact I have many ideas to get rid of the screens and differednt scenes (removing the bubbles and Pocahontas) and a new dragon and some real villains... but there you go...

CrashNet

It may happen one day, but no time soon. Disneyland has made quite a few upgrades in the past couple years to their show, all of which would be nice to see at DHS, the dragon being one of them. One of the things you have to consider though is the dragon at DHS comes out of the wall and doesn't rise out of the floor like DL's does. It would be a completely different engineered solution.

Scar

Not even to massively improve the quality? Apparently that doesn't matter :lol:

I hope we get it for the 40th or something. They should know what went wrong and be able to do it the right way and faster this time.

My bad for not expanding.

What I meant to say is that the show is already so crowded and packed, why exactly would they spend money to "improve" it?

Yep, I totally get the quality is lacking. However, it's not like people aren't going to see it.

Just looking at it from the business angle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom