Magic Kingdom parking tip

mattyoglet

Original Poster
As your driving towards the parking lot follow the blue line like your going towards diamond/handicap parking. Just keep following the road and before you know it your right in the front parking lot.

Obviously dont park in Diamond or Handicap unless you should be parking there however you can park a couple rows back in regular parking without any problems. Its only a couple minute walk right to the monorail or ferry.

Sure you might say this doesnt save much time, it probably only saves 5 or so minutes however at the end of the night when everyone is leaving the park you will save a ton of time not having to wait forever to get a ride to your car. While people are still standing in line waiting for transportation your already in your car on the way out.

Obviously this only works if CM's are not already parking people on this side of the park. 90% of the time they don't seem to park people over there.

disney4life2008

Every time I have parked at the MK - the CMs direct you to the exact row and spot they want you to park in unless you have handicap or AAA.

mattyoglet

Original Poster
Thats true, however if you follow the blue line there is rarely CM's parking people and you can pretty much park where you want. If you follow the normal flow of traffic you'll end up where the CM's are parking in which case they direct you where to park.

scout68

Every time I have parked at the MK - the CMs direct you to the exact row and spot they want you to park in unless you have handicap or AAA.

I wasn't aware there was any parking perk for AAA.

Can anyone further explain this as I have gone to AAA's site and struck out on any info regarding this subject. (I should state that I am as my DW puts it, Web Challenged!) :shrug:

Rob562

I wasn't aware there was any parking perk for AAA.

Can anyone further explain this as I have gone to AAA's site and struck out on any info regarding this subject. (I should state that I am as my DW puts it, Web Challenged!) :shrug:

The AAA Diamond parking is a perk for people who book a package through AAA. They get a special parking pass. You can't use it if you simply have a AAA membership.

-Rob

elisatonks

This would only work if the CM's weren't checking for disabled/ AAA permits, which would count out everything but the last hour of park opening.

DisneyLutz

At MK 9 times out of 10 there is a CM directing cars to the general parking and checking for Handicap or Diamond Passes to direct you the other way.

For the person asking how to get a Diamond Pass you can get one through AAA if you buy your tickets through them. You may have to ask for it depending on the knowledge of the person you deal with at AAA but you usually can only get them at the time of your ticket purchase. Be careful about purchasing them online (I've seen them) or you might end up with an old one that's no longer valid (graphics change each calendar year) or a xerox copy of one (not accepted). Hope this helps.

majorrfb

Ditto

The AAA Diamond parking is a perk for people who book a package through AAA. They get a special parking pass. You can't use it if you simply have a AAA membership.

-Rob
Show the parking pass to the parking CM's and they will direct you to the AAA parking. However, during popular attendance time (school vacations,holidays etc.) don't assume you can arrive at anytime a THINK you'll have a spot. The AAA parking fills up quickly, so go early.:hammer:

gibson12

what is the earliest you can get into a parking lot for one of the 4 majors? Do they actually clear the lots out at night, or do some people leave cars there overnight?

Rob562

what is the earliest you can get into a parking lot for one of the 4 majors? Do they actually clear the lots out at night, or do some people leave cars there overnight?

Not totally sure, but they open at least 90 minutes before the park does, perhaps 2 hours.

And they *do* tow cars out of the lot nightly, even if you're staying on-site and display the resort parking tag. (I actually asked that very question of a CM friend who works in security)

-Rob

Mikester71

We always book through our local CAA and get the Diamond Pass and all the other goodies that come with their package, but sadly, we never seem to use them. We always take the Resort buses everywhere after we arrive. Not really surprising though, since we drive down from Canada and it takes me a FULL day and a few hours the next day to get there (18-21 hours total). Who really feels like driving after all that anyways!!! :ROFLOL:

Plus, I know I have to make the SAME drive again in 10 days or less, but back to the real world this time (which is WAY harder to swallow)!!! :cry:

someday273

parking at MK

Not always a good idea to park in diamond area... sometimes cm's use that area later in the day to park special events and you randomly parking where you want makes it very difficult on the cm's. Also, just because you have a diamond pass does not mean it is available. Read the first line on the back - "subject to availability" that means don't show up at 3:00pm and think it is still available, also, if it is holiday time and they are busy - again it may not be available. plan accordingly if you really want to use it - it is not the cm's fault if you don't - don't give them a hard time if you didn't.

puntagordabob

-Rob

LOL depends on if they like you I guess.... one time they handed me 5 of them (not sure why is not like I have a fleet of cars heading to Disney!)

backinaction

just park at the poly, contemp, or grand floridian. tell them your going to eat or just look around and then take the monorial into the park.

jlandis44

As a tidbit on the AAA Diamond Parking, I've used it for every one of my trips since I always book thru AAA. Saves money and the perks are good. Unless you arrive at AK right at opening, you'll probably not get a parking spot in the AAA area. There aren't too many spaces. At the other parks, I've succeeding in getting a spot in AAA parking whenever I've arrived except for one particular time at Epcot. It's a nice perk, but there are blackout dates that are park dependent too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom