Inno-stench-ions

SirGoofy

On a trip to Epcot at the end of March, we wandered through Innoventions West in the area where they now have Epcot Character Spot. The odor, which smelled like a septic tank, was overpowering - yet I've heard nothing about it here. Anyone else experienced that?

Yea...Innoventions is right over the very short Epcot tunnel system, which houses the trash system(I believe).

Sometimes the smell leaks up. You can find the same problem in Mickey's Philarmagic queue.

RHeath2

What about the external part of Star Tours at the Studios near the Endor Village? A few times that queue has just smelled terrible.

raven

Yea...Innoventions is right over the very short Epcot tunnel system, which houses the trash system(I believe).

The not-so-short Epcot tunnel goes all the way around East and West Innoventions, Mouse Gear, Fountain View, The Cool Zone, Art of Disney and Guest Services. The only parts over the actual trash "dumpsters" (not system) are outside of the Innoventions building itself. In both the east and west breezeways there are 2 doors: one (with a small window) leads down into the tunnel, the other on the opposite side of the breezeway is a utility closet with a trash shute. The shute drops the trash into a dumpster that's under the ground area oustside of Innoventions, not under it.

The familiar scent you are smelling can also be found as you enter the Cool Zone, Fountain View, and Mouse Gear as well. I'm not sure what the smell is exactly but I know that the smells are not there on 3rd shift. So...yes, it could be the tourist. :lol:

SirGoofy

The not-so-short Epcot tunnel goes all the way around East and West Innoventions, Mouse Gear, Fountain View, The Cool Zone, Art of Disney and Guest Services. The only parts over the actual trash "dumpsters" (not system) are outside of the Innoventions building itself. In both the east and west breezeways there are 2 doors: one (with a small window) leads down into the tunnel, the other on the opposite side of the breezeway is a utility closet with a trash shute. The shute drops the trash into a dumpster that's under the ground area oustside of Innoventions, not under it.

I'm used to the MK tunnels, so the EPCOT tunnels are short to me.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom