test track

bigthundermicky

Original Poster
While on a recent visit, my sweetie and I were lucky enough to have lunch next two very interesting cast members. One was a head engineer for Reedy Creek and the other an imagineer in training. We spoke about many WDW topics, however, I asked why a few years back test track took so long to open. I had heard the rumor that there were sponsor issues with GM. The RC engineer had corrected me by stating that the imagineers working on TT had run into a few problems devising a powerful enough electric motor to power the ride vehicle as well as a full load of guests. Apparantly they sent instructions of what they wanted to the University of Wisconsin. Their engineers worked on the project for several months and came up with the motor currently used and that the power output was roughly 3 times what they had asked for. They were therefore able to put many more bells and whistles on the ride vehicle. We found that to be pretty interesting. You just never know who you'll bump into at WDW.:king:

PLeyava

Did you guys know each Test Track car costs over $1 million (31 cars) and each car and more computing and processing power than an entire NASA space shuttle?

Awesome. =)

And yes, true because my fellow CM friend has worked on Test Track for 3 years. (It's also posted in Innoventions).

Testtrack321

Test Track was delayed due to faulty computer systems that couldn't handle the amount of cars on the track needed to run the ride in an effective manner. There could have been other problems, but this was the main problem.

castevens

Test Track was delayed due to faulty computer systems that couldn't handle the amount of cars on the track needed to run the ride in an effective manner. There could have been other problems, but this was the main problem.

This is also what I heard. But they can both be true too

eddy21

Did you guys know each Test Track car costs over $1 million (31 cars) and each car and more computing and processing power than an entire NASA space shuttle?

Awesome. =)

And yes, true because my fellow CM friend has worked on Test Track for 3 years. (It's also posted in Innoventions).

The computer your on has way more capacity then the original space shuttle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom