Velveteen Rabbit phone scam?

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I just got off the phone from someone in Logan, UT (phone # 435-787-9018)asking for the "lady of the house". I said that "I was as close as you're going to get":lol:.
He asked if we've "seen movies like 'Wall-E', 'Enchanted', and 'Bolt' or bought the videos or DVDs." I said yes. He then when on to say " I want to let you know that the Producers of those movies have made a new movie called 'The Velveteen Rabbit' and it will be opening in your area soon!"
:lookaroun
I said "Really? Are you saying that Disney has done an adaptation of 'The Velveteen Rabbit' ?"

Pause

"What?" he asked.

"You said that the Producers of 'Wall-E', 'Enchanted' and 'Bolt' have made 'The Velveteen Rabbit' !"

Phone went dead.

Someone is trying to sell their movie off of the Disney name!

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I started to do research on the movie after I sent an e-mail to Disney.

From one site:
"Thought of the moment: someday in a more enlightened future there will exist a court of law where we can bring to justice the people responsible for animated atrocities like The Velveteen Rabbit. No child should be forced to endure cartoons this ugly and poorly made."

The main site (with Producer's [ Director Michael Landon, Jr.] Guarantee:
http://www.thevelveteenmovie.com/Guarantee.aspx

Looks cheesey!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The problem with the producers guarantee is that I looked at the DVD's you could get and my family would be interested in exactly 0 of them.

Phonedave

I love this five star review for "The Christmas Shoes"

I have not recieced this movie yet.
- DAVID - 12/5/2006 5:40:28 PM

-dave

Chape19714

The problem with the producers guarantee is that I looked at the DVD's you could get and my family would be interested in exactly 0 of them.

I don't know...The Impossible Elephant looks pretty good. :lookaroun :lol:

PinMadness

Haha! That looks bad. A representative from "Feature Films for Families" calls my house every single day asking for my Mom - he doesn't try to pass his wares off as Disney-related at least. She told me to just pretend I'm her next time and say that I'm not interested.

The Mom

Premium Member
One of the movies is The Christmas Shoes. I hate that song; if I were dying, the last thing I'd want is for my children to leave my side to go look for a pair of shoes to wear in my coffin. :rolleyes:

Dwarful

One of the movies is The Christmas Shoes. I hate that song; if I were dying, the last thing I'd want is for my children to leave my side to go look for a pair of shoes to wear in my coffin. :rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth!
My daughter's youth group leader rented The Christmas Shoes for the kids to watch. About 15 minutes into the movie my daughter was calling me to come and get her. She said she just couldn't watch such a 'fake, "feel good" movie' (her words - and she is only 12).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Haha! That looks bad. A representative from "Feature Films for Families" calls my house every single day asking for my Mom - he doesn't try to pass his wares off as Disney-related at least. She told me to just pretend I'm her next time and say that I'm not interested.

Telemarketers...don't get me started on them. :fork:

Just hang up on them...their is NO etiquette involved when dealing with them.

What's the worst that can happen? They put you on their RUDE list? :lol: Good, maybe they'll quit calling!

sillyspook13

I'm glad there's at least one other person in the world feels the same way as me about this song!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Dragonrider1227

Oh my god, worst Christmas song EVER!! I couldn't even imagine sitting through a movie of it :dazzle:
As for Velveteen Rabbit, yeah. This looks incredibly like a fake, pre-packaged, manufactured attempt at being "Heart warming." PASS!
Though the voice of that bunny is awfully adorable :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom