Diseny Magical Express with no flight

C.M.O

Here is my situation. I am trying to surprise my daughter for her 6th birthday with a trip to Disney. We won a trip to Club Med in Florida and will be there the week before we go to Disney. I wanted to get transportation to the Orlando airport like we are going to take a flight home and then get on the Magical Express instead. However, I heard that you can only use the Magical Express if you have a flight, is this true? Is there a way around that? AAA told me to make find a flight number and use it?
thanks

CleveRocks

No flight required.

The EASIEST way would be to lie and say you are arriving on such and such a slight at such and such a time. There's no harm here ... you absolutely 100% are entitled to the ride, it's just that telling the truth will confuse the cast members who work at the Disney Reservations Center. They don't know all the ins and outs of DME.

But if you don't like the idea of a harmless white lie, then wait until you are fewer than 60 days from your check-in day and call DME directly at 866-599-0951. DME is a function of RESORT reservations, and the DME database doesn't contain resort reservation information more than 60 days into the future. ANyway, call DME directly and speak with one of their CMs. THEY know the ins and outs ... THEY will understand your situation and will make a DME reservation for you without your having to tell a white lie.

Either way, it'll work out just fine for you. Your choice.:)

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

Wouldn't Magical Express kinda spoil the surprise that you're going to WDW? Seems like it would be more effective to take the taxi directly to WDW, that would totally be unexpected.

Either way, great surprise for a 6 year old! :)

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

From what I understand DME is tied to having a reservation at a WDW resort, not a flight into MCO. I am flying in 3 days before my Disney reservation. I will be renting a car for 3 days to do US/IOA staying on International Drive at a cheap hotel. I will return the car back to the airport and take DME to WDW for 6 days and ride back to MCO. Totally legal per DME

Upvote 0

C.M.O

Original Poster
Wouldn't Magical Express kinda spoil the surprise that you're going to WDW? Seems like it would be more effective to take the taxi directly to WDW, that would totally be unexpected.

Either way, great surprise for a 6 year old! :)

I think she would find it weird that we were driving around Orlando. If we take the shuttle from CLub Med to the airport it will appear that we are going to fly back home. The surprise will happen at the Magical Express. I think it will work if I can keep my mouth shut. Its been VERY hard!

Upvote 0

C.M.O

Original Poster
No flight required.

The EASIEST way would be to lie and say you are arriving on such and such a slight at such and such a time. There's no harm here ... you absolutely 100% are entitled to the ride, it's just that telling the truth will confuse the cast members who work at the Disney Reservations Center. They don't know all the ins and outs of DME.

But if you don't like the idea of a harmless white lie, then wait until you are fewer than 60 days from your check-in day and call DME directly at 866-599-0951. DME is a function of RESORT reservations, and the DME database doesn't contain resort reservation information more than 60 days into the future. ANyway, call DME directly and speak with one of their CMs. THEY know the ins and outs ... THEY will understand your situation and will make a DME reservation for you without your having to tell a white lie.

Either way, it'll work out just fine for you. Your choice.:)

Thanks so much for this information. I wouldn't mind the white lie but having to look up flight numbers and give one to them seemed to be a hassle. I think I rather call that number. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Rob562

And I think you (the OP) already realize it, but you won't be able to use the luggage delivery portion for your DME "arrival", because only bags coming off the planes are routed to the Disney luggage facility.
But it's no big deal, you'll just take your bags with you on the bus.

BTW, I think this is a VERY cute surprise! And with the trip to Orlando already, you can get much closer to WDW before revealing the secret than most who surprise their kids.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom