Space Mountain refurbishment begins April 19 2009

diddy_mouse

Thanks for the update, Steve! :wave:

Shame I won't get to ride it on my upcoming trip, but at least I'll (hopefully) have something awesome to look forward to the next time I go.

Joepic

I would assume that it will be pretty long. At least 5+ months... what does everyone else think??

HoP is taking 8 months - I still think that's pretty long for such an attraction... seems like it's getting a complete overhaul. I don't think Disney will do the same for SM, even though it probly needs it.

Roxas

Excellent! I come home on the 17th, which means it won't be down.

Here's praying for a complete overhaul.

WDWmazprty

Well, if its late 2009 that it'll up and running again,I may be able to get on right after the refurb. :D That would be nice!

Billy6

I will be there in two weeks to get my final fix of Space, but my trip in June wont include it...oh well :cry:.. This is my favorite ride so, I hope it remains relatively the same, with maybe some music like DL...

Ill have to ride it enough times this month to get my fill for a year....

lilphil6487

tru that 6 months doesnt give it time for anything really big but the ride is in need of those mandatory repairs. maybe they could fix a few of the light leaks while they are at it. I know people have said this many times, but space mountain in DL is so much better because of what they did. I am happy to have had the chance to ride it. I still love the one at WDW, but it is desperately in need of refurbishment. If it was to ever get a major refurb, then i would hope that they would do something with that post show. Ridin the converyor belt and staring at myself on a TV screen isn't that much fun.

lol i just noticed i need to update my sig a bit

devoy1701

If it's only closing for 6 months don't expect much other than MANDATORY repairs to the structure.

If it's going down in Mid April and set to re-open in late 2009 I think it'll be longer than a 6 month refurb. It'll probably be in-time for the holiday season which would give them almost 8 months. But who's to say that this currently publicly announced losely close-ended refurb isn't going to be longer than what them are saying at the moment? We might get a year-long refurb...they could also already have new track/trains/audio ready to go when the refurb starts (afterall the refurb has been in the works for almot 2 years now) so all the downtime will actually be will be demo/rebuild...that could easily be done in 6 months.

don't be such a pessimist.

Enigma

Account Suspended
tru that 6 months doesnt give it time for anything really big but the ride is in need of those mandatory repairs. maybe they could fix a few of the light leaks while they are at it. I know people have said this many times, but space mountain in DL is so much better because of what they did. I am happy to have had the chance to ride it. I still love the one at WDW, but it is desperately in need of refurbishment. If it was to ever get a major refurb, then i would hope that they would do something with that post show. Ridin the converyor belt and staring at myself on a TV screen isn't that much fun.

lol i just noticed i need to update my sig a bit

Well its impossible to remove the light leaks in Florida's Space Mountain unless they wall off the queue area from the main strutucre and also find a way to reduce light from the TTA cars possibly with a tunnel. Of Course this costs money and even though WDW enjoys HUGE budgets management feels that the attractions do not deserve the TLC.

chaggy102

speaking of the TTA, what are they going to do with the TTA during the rehab...I know when Splash goes down they put up a giant curtain so you can't see anything from the train but what are they going to do with the TTA?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom