Plaxico Buress

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
Plaxico Buress has nothing to do with why the Giants got beat. I have heard people say that the Giants are not playing well because of the whole Plaxico Buress thing :confused: I don't get it.

The Giants lost on the road to a division rival (The Eagles) and those games can be very hard to win. Also in the NFL any team can be beat on any given day.

SpongeScott

It could have contributed to why they lost. Plaxico is a bad distraction and disruption to the team and lapses of concentration can affect a team's play. Not taking anything away from Philly because they simply could have been the superior team when they won. Watch NY and see what they do as the season winds down.

WDWFREAK53

While I don't believe the Plaxico Burress caused them to lose (it's not like he fumbled the ball 2 or 3 times)...the controversy and media attention may have distracted the team. Bottom line...the Giants lost the game. If they let the media attention distract them...it was nothing to do with Plax...it was all to do with the coaching and the players that actually played the game.

I believe the Patriots losing the SuperBowl last year was a result of the same thing. The media circus surround the "Perfect Patriots" distracted them and they didn't play up to their abilities. I'm not taking anything away from the Giants because they beat them...whether it was just a gritty game that they won, or took advantage of a Patriots team that wasn't completely focused, they did what they needed to do to win.

Flower'sChild

Original Poster
While I don't believe the Plaxico Burress caused them to lose (it's not like he fumbled the ball 2 or 3 times)...the controversy and media attention may have distracted the team. Bottom line...the Giants lost the game. If they let the media attention distract them...it was nothing to do with Plax...it was all to do with the coaching and the players that actually played the game.

I believe the Patriots losing the SuperBowl last year was a result of the same thing. The media circus surround the "Perfect Patriots" distracted them and they didn't play up to their abilities. I'm not taking anything away from the Giants because they beat them...whether it was just a gritty game that they won, or took advantage of a Patriots team that wasn't completely focused, they did what they needed to do to win.

The Giants seem like a team that just like to find a way to win and they don't let anything stop them from going out to win the game. This is one of the reasons why I don't think that them being upset by the Plaxico Buress is why they lost.

As for New England I think them being 18-0 gave them a better chance of winning the Super Bowl. They went in not only fighting for a Super Bowl ring, but a perfect season and I believe that gave them a better chance of winning.

I will tell you why I believe that New England lost. Well for one thing a rule in the NFL is any team can be beat on any given day. But what I really think was the main thing was the Giants found out how to beat them. The Giants almost beat them last year on Thursday night and even though the Giants lost, I think they Giants found out a lot about this New England. In fact if the Giants had not played New England on that Thursday night I believe that there is a very good chance that New England would have beat the Giants on Super Bowl Sunday. I have said it before and I will say it again one of the keys to why New England was so good last year was there offensive line. That offensive line gave Tom Brady great protection and when you give someone like Tom Brady that kind of protection that is a huge key to winning a lot of games,especially if you have a lot of other great players like Randy Moss. Notice in the Super Bowl how Tom Brady did not get the protection that he usually got last year. You see I think the Giants found a way to get past that great offensive line of New England, so Tom Brady would not get the protection that he usually gets. Also the Giants offensive line gave Eli Manning good protection in the Super Bowl.

Many people think that it was a mistake for the Giants to play their starters on that Thursday night, since the Giants had a 5th seed in the playoffs and that no matter what they would keep that 5th seed playoff spot and they could not get a better playoff seed and they could not get a worse playoff seed. But first of all I think it was great that they wanted to go out their and be the only team to stop New England for going 16-0. Second I think that was a turning point for the Giants. After that game they went on the road and beat 3 NFC teams in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl. I also believe that they found a way to beat New England in the Super Bowl, because of that Thursday night game.

joanna71985

Yes, the Giants played poorly on Sunday (all of them did). But I do believe the Plaxico incident was a distraction. They should play much better next game, and for the rest of the season.

WDWFREAK53

As for New England I think them being 18-0 gave them a better chance of winning the Super Bowl. They went in not only fighting for a Super Bowl ring, but a perfect season and I believe that gave them a better chance of winning.

While I don't disagree with anything else you said...this statement here has another side to the coin. The Patriots were OVER-confident.

They didn't have to prove anything, people knew they were the best. Underdogs always play harder because they want to shock everyone and prove that they are not "lower" than their opponent.

Maybe the Patriots should've been practicing a little more during the week leading up to the SuperBowl and did a little less "chatting with the media."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom