New show at Disney-MGM Studios

wdwcrazy

Original Poster
I've herd that there will be a new show at Disney-MGM studios called "Century of Dreams". It's going to go into the old Doug Live show. Has anyone herd anything else about this?

Tramp

I never liked the Doug character....probably his dumb purple face.
Funny...my daughter was crazy about Darkwing Duck....go figure!;)

wdwcrazy

Original Poster
I think you might be talking about Skeeter. All their faces were weird colors, and the show stunk...I thought. I'm glad it's gone and can't wait to see the new show! :D

Disney Maniac

I've heard that the old Doug Live theatre will be used to showcase memoralbilia from Walt Disney's life or something along those lines. If you think about it, since MGM is the headquarters of the 100th Anniversary Celebration and the Sorcerer Mickey hat icon is a short distance away, the theatres location stands a good chance of becoming a showroom or a gallery.

DisneyPhD

I'm hoping they bring back an updated version of SuperStar TV. It would fit in so well with all the Disney owned networks. I still laugh when I think of my mom up there in the Soap Opera costume with the big feather boa:D

Kevin

I'm going to be the rebel and say that I really liked Doug Live! The show was actual acting and was a real feel-good story. One of the guys that played Doug was very talented. And, while Doug was ultra popular, the kids seemed to love it which made it more fun too. Of course, characters like that have a short life.

woofboy111

I know this is a little of the topic of a new show, but did any one else notice that Doug's Dog, Porkchop, was played by the same actress that played one of the Gargoyles in the Hunchback show? The two shows were never at the same time, and this was the reason.

Disney Maniac

Originally posted by woofboy111
I know this is a little of the topic of a new show, but did any one else notice that Doug's Dog, Porkchop, was played by the same actress that played one of the Gargoyles in the Hunchback show? The two shows were never at the same time, and this was the reason.

Woofboy111:

Yeah, I knew that the shows were never at the same time, but I don't think I ever noticed that Porkchop/Laverne were the same person! Good eye!

Tink

Kevin - I liked Doug Live too.

It was cute but I think it was the kind of show that had to grow on you. If you only saw it once, you probably wouldn't be crazy about it. I got to see it a lot (my neice is into Doug) and I really thought the cast was very good. I also thought it was clever - something different.

I haven't told my neice that it was closed. She will be disappointed come this winter when we head down there.

As far as what is going into the theatre, I heard it was going to be something for Uncle Walt's 100th.

Captain Hank

Holy thread bump, Batman (though the title itself is a hint). Perhaps the OP actually meant One Man's Dream? Regardless, I think it goes without saying that this never came to pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom