Mystery of DHS Pixar Place "bridge" solved!

spacemt09

Original Poster
Tonight I decided to pop Monsters, Inc. into the DVD player for some night time entertainment. Not even five minutes into watching I noticed something oddly familiar sitting in the background. Pay close attention to the next two pictures...

1. "Bridge" at DHS at the current "end" of Pixar Place
mincdhs0xk5.jpg

2. Workout scene at beginning of Monsters, Inc.

Quite similar in style, right down to the circle in the metal work. At first I thought this was a coincidence but watching more there were MANY instances of something like this:
mincdhs2nr8.png

throughout Mike and Sully's walk to work. In my mind, this all but confirms that Soundstage 1 has a Monsters, Inc. themed ride coming its way in some form (doorway scene rollercoaster or not). Perhaps this next part of Pixar Place will look like this, some of the trees are even planted already...

mincdhs3ep2.png

dvitali

In that last picture if you change the backdrop you might change the New york Street of America into that scene. I sometime wonder if the New york scene could be moved somewhere else (like to end of Pixer Place ) to free up land space for a new attraction.

cdunbar

How very odd...yet interesting I wonder if they did it purposely or if it was just one of those happy accidents:rolleyes:

PKD

Though not released by Disney, "Monstropolis" is being built at DHS along Pixar Place. I can't really detail what it will look like, but it will be a city scene. And yes, SS1 will be used for a Monsters Inc ride as well.

Vernonpush

In that last picture if you change the backdrop you might change the New york Street of America into that scene. I sometime wonder if the New york scene could be moved somewhere else (like to end of Pixer Place ) to free up land space for a new attraction.

If you look at an aerial view of the park, the Streets of America don't take up that much land (not enough for a new attraction other than more streets).

Disneykidder

I don't watch Monsters Inc that much to notice but great eye. It makes sense that Monsters Inc will go in there.

Seems like Pixar is taking over. What about just a Mickey Mouse ride? Maybe a classic movie...Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Lion King. Maybe they'll rename Disney's Hollywood Studios next year with Pixar's Hollywood haven.:shrug:

Don't get me wrong...DHS is one of my top 2 parks but i'd like to see more movies displayed other than Pixar.

Post 999~~wowee!! :)

DisneyDellsDude

I don't watch Monsters Inc that much to notice but great eye. It makes sense that Monsters Inc will go in there.

Seems like Pixar is taking over. What about just a Mickey Mouse ride? Maybe a classic movie...Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Lion King. Maybe they'll rename Disney's Hollywood Studios next year with Pixar's Hollywood haven.:shrug:

Don't get me wrong...DHS is one of my top 2 parks but i'd like to see more movies displayed other than Pixar.

Post 999~~wowee!! :)

I agree with you, but this is Pixar Place - the only land where I think they should add more Pixar attractions.:lol:

Frank&Ollie

I think this is some great detective work! Good eye!

And I think your assumption of this being a precursor to a Monsters Inc ride is right on.

But what is with the hatred of Pixar attractions moving into the parks????

I would rather have more pixar attractions attracting new, younger generations, than a park that refuses to let go of the past, and potentially threatening its attendance.

I love Mickey and classic Disney, and anyone who reads this sight should do their part to make sure it never goes away. But I don't want to sacrifice the parks popularity for new generations just to savor the past.

I love Mickey, but I love the idea of "keep moving forward" with what is popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom