Disney Visa & paying for resorts

nolatron

So I've been looking into getting a Disney Visa lately and have a question about redeeming rewards.

I've seen a lot of posts about being able to redeem points for food, merchandise, meet&greets. etc... but what about resorts at WDW?

It might be 3-4 years before our next trip to the WDW, so this might be a great time to get the Disney Visa to start saving up some points for it.

How does it work if you want to use rewards to cover a resort stay, say at the Polynesian or contemporary?

I've been digging though the Disney Visa site but it really never gives specifics on resorts. Thanks yall!

mousefan1972

No, it's not dollar for dollar. It's 1% of your purchases.

So if you spend $100 on your card, you get 1 reward "point", which in reality is $1. Spending $500 will earn you $5, etc.

You can redeem points towards WDW stays. Once you earn at least $10 in reward points, you can call or use the website to order a card. It basically functions like a debit card. You load the points you've earned onto the card, and can use it for pretty much anything in WDW, including resort stays.

Also, if you book a WDW vacation package on your Disney Visa card (not room-only), you won't pay interest on it for 6 months. So basically you get an extra 6 months to pay off the vacation without accruing interest.

We've had our card for over a year and love it.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

You can use the reward points on your card when you check in, to apply to your room as a credit.

You can also make a partial payment with it before going.
The Disney web site accepts it and credit cards and Disney gift cards.

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom