Something very Interesting

wedway71

Original Poster
Ok, so I am on CNBC.com today and am watching some videos of Bob Iger talking about quarterly performance and how Disney did really well.

On the screen ticker on the bottom it was flashing some tidbits about current Disney doings and one that popped up which was really interesting was...
"Disney a bidder for the Weather Channel"

Now how does this fit into Parks news and Rumors you make ask???

Can anyone say "The Weather Attraction" presented by the Weather Channel to replace WOL.

Now may be far fetched but thats the fist thing that came to mind when I saw that.

DisneyMusician2

It might really fit in with a few of the concpets in the Future World area.

Certainly would be something to keep an eye on. Maybe Mickey could introduce your local weather.:lookaroun

lpet11984

It would be cool, but I still honestly see something more weather related fitting in better in the Land pavillion...

If it's true, Im sure regardless where they put it it'll be cool though!

dandaman

They also have WDW for every other ad on weather.com as it is. (The other half can be summed up by:

dancingman-detroitsmisterx.gif

raven

One thing to think about though. If Disney aquires The Weather Channel then who would sponsor it? For those pavillions they look for a corporate sponsor other than themselves.

wedway71

Original Poster
One thing to think about though. If Disney aquires The Weather Channel then who would sponsor it? For those pavillions they look for a corporate sponsor other than themselves.

I was thinking about that too. Maybe some kind of Govt Agency like NOAA?

LudwigVonDrake

Ok, so I am on CNBC.com today and am watching some videos of Bob Iger talking about quarterly performance and how Disney did really well.

On the screen ticker on the bottom it was flashing some tidbits about current Disney doings and one that popped up which was really interesting was...
"Disney a bidder for the Weather Channel"

Now how does this fit into Parks news and Rumors you make ask???

Can anyone say "The Weather Attraction" presented by the Weather Channel to replace WOL.

Now may be far fetched but thats the fist thing that came to mind when I saw that.

Isn't Storm Rider at Tokyo DisneySea based on Weather?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1dRzP3bLnY

Fun2BFree

They also have WDW for every other ad on weather.com as it is. (The other half can be summed up by:

dancingman-detroitsmisterx.gif

Four items of criticism (because I just gotta let it out):
1-Unless you change your avatar back to a DeLorian, I'm boycotting your posts.
2-Quit stealing from Cracked.com's readers.
3-Stop using abbreviations.
4-Dandaman? More like Doodooman!
There... you've become the unwitting target of my entirely unwarranted rage. Enjoy. :p

On topic though, if Disney bought the Weather Channel, why would they sponsor themselves to make the new WoL? :lookaroun

brkgnews

ABC (Disney) and Weather Channel already have some kind of agreement where they share reporters/assets for on-air use. You'll see WxCh reporters on ABC when hurricanes/blizzards/etc hit; and you'll occasionally see ABC News reports on WxCh when weather becomes news (climate change stuff, etc)

earldw28

I think an attraction that has to do with weather would be pretty interesting, I'm not very creative but I am sure disney could come up with some mild-thrill like attraction.

askmike1

I can say it.... doesn't mean it is true though. As others have said, the whole purpose of a sponsorship is to have someone else pay for the attraction. Why would Disney buy the Weather Channel for over $4 billion so it could then pay for a weather attraction?

In truth, Disney is only one company wanting to buy the channel (along with companies like GE, Warner, Comcast and CBS). In truth, the channel (and its website) are lucrative.

Mimi

Good point. Too bad though, it could make a REALLY cool attraction for the Land if not an entire pavillion of its own.

henryt93

Good point. Too bad though, it could make a REALLY cool attraction for the Land if not an entire pavillion of its own.

I can see it now:

The Weather Pavilion
Starring The Weather Channel and Weather.com
Presented by the National Weather Service

The Weater Channel is a lot more than the Weather Channel. it is one of the largest mobile weather alert providers, which would come in handy as part of a bad weather alert system for park guests. The Weather Channel also owns a couple of the largest on-line vacation rental websites, lakerentals.com, and coastrentals.com or something close to those. They also have global exposure to the UK, and South America on the web and via Mobile devices. Its a good fit into the Disney/ABC companies. And the weather channel is on nearly eveery cable provider in the US, I think its about 95-97% of all cable subscribers.

henryt93

The Weater Channel is a lot more than the Weather Channel. it is one of the largest mobile weather alert providers, which would come in handy as part of a bad weather alert system for park guests. The Weather Channel also owns a couple of the largest on-line vacation rental websites, lakerentals.com, and coastrentals.com or something close to those. They also have global exposure to the UK, and South America on the web and via Mobile devices. Its a good fit into the Disney/ABC companies. And the weather channel is on nearly eveery cable provider in the US, I think its about 95-97% of all cable subscribers.

And they are on JetBlue! Disney could plug all the things to do while people are watching the weather on their way to Orlando!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom