Snow Whites Scary Adventures Re-opens

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Rode Snow Whites Scary Adventures tonight after the 11pm Spectro. Looks good. Colors look more vibrant and everything seemed to be working. Wish the unload position was a little further towards load, cause the mine cars back up in the final scene and the door (under Dopey) tends to stay open. If the unload position was closer to load, it might allow for two vehicles to unload at the same time.

Lokheed

Ah, good, it is back open! I thought about taking my son yesterday, but didn't want to risk going to the park and having the ride closed. That would be very bad. We will definitely head out today.

Regarding the cascading backups, it used to be (before they did the major rehab a few years ago) that they could unload two cars at a time like they do over at Pooh. Ever since they put up that railing and changed to only one car unloading at a time, it is virtually impossible for them not to get backed up. I have discovered that there are particular CMs that are very good at keeping it moving, but it requires the unload CM to release the ride vehicle immediately once it has been vacated. Normally the unload CM is rotating around between directing guests to line up in the load area and handling guests coming in through the wheelchair line, so the empty car in the unload area regularly doesn't get released for twenty or thirty seconds - and that adds up quickly.

Anymore, I expect the backup to start at the scene with the witch levering the giant rock. It's not unusual for it to back all the way up to the Dwarf's Mine, though.

Yeah, I have ridden this ride *way* too much. SW2K is coming up on March 8th.

Lokheed

We just got back from the Magic Kingdom, Ben's first time there in over a month, and went on SWSA a dozen times. (Long story, search this forum for SW1K if you want the background).

As near as I can tell, the rehab was primarily for safety upgrades. I did not see anything different in the show at all, although it is possible that some areas were dusted off and touched up. Oddly, the speaker in the yodeling scene was having problems today, it was scratchy and you could barely hear the music. Seriously, the sound of the dwarf animatronics moving was louder than the yodeling song coming out of the speaker. Very strange. Nothing in the load and unload areas had changed either, as far as I can tell.

What *is* new is the addition of pressure pads throughout the ride. They aren't immediately obvious, I didn't even notice them the first time through, but if you are looking carefully you will see that there are now pressure pads at every point in the ride path where there are doors that swing open. There are also pressure pads throughout the dwarfs' mine, and leading up to the kissing scene at the end. I also noticed that there appears to be a new pressure sensor underneath each ride vehicle at the front. I don't recall ever seeing them before, it kind of looks like a bumper but located underneath the vehicle instead of in front of it. It straddles the rail, such that if anything was to be lying on the ground in the track path the sensor would touch it before the wheels.

One of the dream team gave Ben a certificate today singed by both Snow White and Dopey, declaring Ben to officially be "Snow White's Scary Adventures - Biggest Fan". So that was kinda cool.

For anyone keeping track, the current count is now 1,960. Watch for SW2K on March 8th.

WDWFigment

One of the dream team gave Ben a certificate today singed by both Snow White and Dopey, declaring Ben to officially be "Snow White's Scary Adventures - Biggest Fan". So that was kinda cool.

For anyone keeping track, the current count is now 1,960. Watch for SW2K on March 8th.

Awesome story. I just read a few of your previous threads on this. Make sure to keep us all posted on SW2k. Hearing stuff like this is what really makes WDW special.

omg yay! This ride deffinately needed a refurb! The last time I rode it in late December, I briefly rode around with the lights on! (kinda cool, but a bit creepy and it makes you wonder why the lights turned on in the first place)

Lokheed

One of the dream team gave Ben a certificate today singed by both Snow White and Dopey...

Heh. I just re-read what I typed yesterday. To be clear, the certificate was *signed* by Snow White and Dopey, it was not singed. I am pretty certain there was no fire involved....

RedGear

Heh. I just re-read what I typed yesterday. To be clear, the certificate was *signed* by Snow White and Dopey, it was not singed. I am pretty certain there was no fire involved....

We got what you ment! I love hearing about you and your family! It's just something that touches the hearts of every disney fan (at least I think!) :)

thisisnotanexit

W

:):):)

Lokheed

Ah, thanks for bumping this and reminding me - SW2K is still on for March 8th, but I don't know the exact time details yet. I got a call this morning from the area manager for entertainment at the Magic Kingdom, telling me that they were "planning something momentous for the occasion" and that I would be getting a call from a Dream Team member in a few days. I'll be sure to post here when I find out exactly what. If anyone is planning on being at the Magic Kingdom next Saturday and wants to see whatever it is that goes down, you are more than welcome to come by SWSA and watch it.

ChrisQ

Ah, thanks for bumping this and reminding me - SW2K is still on for March 8th, but I don't know the exact time details yet. I got a call this morning from the area manager for entertainment at the Magic Kingdom, telling me that they were "planning something momentous for the occasion" and that I would be getting a call from a Dream Team member in a few days. I'll be sure to post here when I find out exactly what. If anyone is planning on being at the Magic Kingdom next Saturday and wants to see whatever it is that goes down, you are more than welcome to come by SWSA and watch it.

Y'all have such a cool story, and I'm excited to hear all about SW2K!

joanna71985

That's great! Can't wait to hear about it.

teej

I am glad this is back up and running..It's a good little ride..but I like all the rides that are meant for kids :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom